Page 324 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Never underestimate WWE's capacity to screw up a good thing or ignore simple logic for the sake of a swerve, or their obsession with getting heat on the heels. I'm not taking ANYTHING for granted until if/when Becky's hand is raised in victory at Mania and that belt is around her waist.

WWE's track record, isn't very good in this regard (also the last three Mania's have had not great endings either), so I'm not assuming anything. I mean it made all the sense in the world for Booker T to win at Mania 19 given the story, or CM Punk at NOC 2014, or Sasha at HIAC or Roadblock a few year's ago, etc. But it didn't happen in any of those cases.

But I'd be thrilled if I was proven wrong in the end and they did the right thing this time.

Becky winning has so much more potential for Ronda ... especially if she's leaving.

Unfinished business is a good insta-feud. Slowly turn Becky and BAM! Ronda vs. Becky II is the hot angle again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Becky winning has so much more potential for Ronda ... especially if she's leaving.

Unfinished business is a good insta-feud. Slowly turn Becky and BAM! Ronda vs. Becky II is the hot angle again.
    If Ronda is taking time off (and obviously we don't know for sure), then I think the writing is pretty much on the wall for this particular match. Obviously Ronda has to drop the belt.

Sort of a bummer though that it means Becky will go over to RAW. It's good in a sense that it will give a lot of fresh feuds... but it's another example of Smackdown MAKES THEM and Raw TAKES THEM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So Roman should've lost to Hunter and Taker? That's pretty goddamn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So Roman should've lost to Hunter and Taker? That's pretty goddamn stupid.
    Yeah, Hunter and Taker (and Cena at this point) are pretty much just there to put people over at big high profile matches.

The one they got wrong was Roman losing to Brock ... that one just left a weird taste in everyone's mouth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Hunter and Taker (and Cena at this point) are pretty much just there to put people over at big high profile matches.

The one they got wrong was Roman losing to Brock ... that one just left a weird taste in everyone's mouth.
    Taker losing to Reigns had very little to no lasting effect on Reigns' career. Between Wrestlemania 33 to 34, it was actually a bad year for Reigns. It wasn't even Taker's retirement match either.

Losing to Brock was a bad decision altogether. It continued a story line that people were already tired with and wanted to see end. Even the ending at SummerSlam did nobody any favors. It could be argued that Reigns only beat Lesnar due to Strowman's interference. Also didn't help that after the spear, Lesnar was able to throw the chair off of him but wasn't able to kick out of the pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Taker losing to Reigns had very little to no lasting effect on Reigns' career. Between Wrestlemania 33 to 34, it was actually a bad year for Reigns. It wasn't even Taker's retirement match either.

Losing to Brock was a bad decision altogether. It continued a story line that people were already tired with and wanted to see end. Even the ending at SummerSlam did nobody any favors. It could be argued that Reigns only beat Lesnar due to Strowman's interference. Also didn't help that after the spear, Lesnar was able to throw the chair off of him but wasn't able to kick out of the pin.
    In HINDSIGHT though, Roman not being the guy to cleanly beat Brock (though you can argue it still was a clean win since Strowman didn't actually physcally interfere) might have actually been a good thing though. With Roman taking time off, it would have been somewhat wasted on him. It allows Rollins to get the nod (assuming Rollins wins, but I think he will). And Rollins probably needs the win over Brock more than Roman did anyways, so it sort of works out in the end.

As far as Taker putting over Roman... at this point in his career, quite honestly I think that's what Taker is here to do at least selectively. He won't lay down for anyone like Cena is sort of doing. But I think he understands it's not about putting over him anymore.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

interesting interview with omega.

according to him, after his contract with NJPW came up, he weighted his options and said that sticking with new japan was the worst choice for him, mostly because of how much they would value him or not.

he did heavily consider going to the E, mainly due to wanting to take some stress off him creatively. he said that by the time WK came around, he was mentally burnt out and drained.

he commended how the officials treated him in the negotiations and he deeply considered going there simply for the dream matches he could have. but in the end, he stuck with AEW because he'd rather be with his friends than anything else.

Astonishing Member

The New Beginning in Sapporo 2019 on axs tv
    first minoru Suzuki vs cold skull sanada in a special singles match
    now zack sabre jr vs EVIL in a special singles match
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-08-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    interesting interview with omega.

according to him, after his contract with NJPW came up, he weighted his options and said that sticking with new japan was the worst choice for him, mostly because of how much they would value him or not.

he did heavily consider going to the E, mainly due to wanting to take some stress off him creatively. he said that by the time WK came around, he was mentally burnt out and drained.

he commended how the officials treated him in the negotiations and he deeply considered going there simply for the dream matches he could have. but in the end, he stuck with AEW because he'd rather be with his friends than anything else.
    Weird that he was saying a selling point of working for the WWE was taking the stress off him creatively. That's not a complaint you hear about too often from wrestlers.

Still, I think we all knew he was going to end up with his buddies in AEW. If the company is comprable and the schedule is lighter, it's sort of a no brainer.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-08-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Weird that he was saying a selling point of working for the WWE was taking the stress off him creatively. That's not a complaint you hear about too often from wrestlers.

Still, I think we all knew he was going to end up with his buddies in AEW. If the company is comprable and the schedule is lighter, it's sort of a no brainer.
    surprised me too. he just said he was tempted to go, simply to just shut off his brain for once and let someone else do the creating for him.

Astonishing Member

Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Yeah not even remotely surprising. But it sounds like being a part of the Elite isn't going to help. I don't see them using him differently then before. Right or wrong, Vince would have come up with a different take.

Astonishing Member

In HINDSIGHT though, Roman not being the guy to cleanly beat Brock (though you can argue it still was a clean win since Strowman didn't actually physcally interfere) might have actually been a good thing though. With Roman taking time off, it would have been somewhat wasted on him. It allows Rollins to get the nod (assuming Rollins wins, but I think he will). And Rollins probably needs the win over Brock more than Roman did anyways, so it sort of works out in the end.

As far as Taker putting over Roman... at this point in his career, quite honestly I think that's what Taker is here to do at least selectively. He won't lay down for anyone like Cena is sort of doing. But I think he understands it's not about putting over him anymore.
    Brock could afford more than one clean loss. Should have lost clean to Strowman and Roman.