Page 331 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd argue Ronda took Becky attacking her pretty darn personal. If you attack someone in wrestling, expect a recepit. If you don't want it happening, don't jumps somone.
    Ronda is the only one who MADE it personal. It would have been completely different if Becky only attacked her...but she didn't. She attacked the entire Raw Women's division. It would have been different if Charlotte took the Raw Women's Championship away from Ronda...but she didn't. Ronda took two beatings personal and she said she would write the next chapters for Charlotte and Becky and she did by costing them the opportunity of becoming Smackdown Women's Champion. Now it's time for Becky and Charlotte to end that chapter with either one of them beating Ronda, and only Ronda, for the Raw Women's Championship. Even Vince gave Charlotte and Becky the go ahead to take what ever anger they have out on Ronda.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Ronda is the only one who MADE it personal. It would have been completely different if Becky only attacked her...but she didn't. She attacked the entire Raw Women's division. It would have been different if Charlotte took the Raw Women's Championship away from Ronda...but she didn't. Ronda took two beatings personal and she said she would write the next chapters for Charlotte and Becky and she did by costing them the opportunity of becoming Smackdown Women's Champion. Now it's time for Becky and Charlotte to end that chapter with either one of them beating Ronda, and only Ronda, for the Raw Women's Championship. Even Vince gave Charlotte and Becky the go ahead to take what ever anger they have out on Ronda.
    And if either Becky or Charlotte want a piece of Ronda, they can try and take it... that's how wrestling feuds work. They attacked Ronda, and Ronda attacked them back, rinse and repeat. I think Ronda got her payback so she's probably willing to wait until Wrestlemania (or at least wait unti Becky is closer to 100%). Becky and Charlotte don't necessarily seem interested in escalating things either beyond the actual Wrestlemania match, but things could change.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ronda takes any attack against her personally. It wouldn't be simply business to her.

Astonishing Member

Mustafa Ali is said to have suffered a concussion on Sunday and might need a replacement for the Elimination Chamber. Maybe a battle royal? I think Andrade would be a great addition and huge opportunity.

And if either Becky or Charlotte want a piece of Ronda, they can try and take it... that's how wrestling feuds work. They attacked Ronda, and Ronda attacked them back, rinse and repeat. I think Ronda got her payback so she's probably willing to wait until Wrestlemania (or at least wait unti Becky is closer to 100%). Becky and Charlotte don't necessarily seem interested in escalating things either beyond the actual Wrestlemania match, but things could change.
    My argument was on your statement of Becky having no real good reason of attacking Ronda so I'm not sure how we ended up here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wonder if they're going to play up like Trips and Steph are angry at Vince for this? Actually it could fit Trips in particular if they play up his "Papa Hunter" persona that he has in NXT.
    The rumor/theory I like the best is that every McMahon family member ends up supporting a different person in the main event.

Mustafa Ali is said to have suffered a concussion on Sunday and might need a replacement for the Elimination Chamber. Maybe a battle royal? I think Andrade would be a great addition and huge opportunity.

My argument was on your statement of Becky having no real good reason of attacking Ronda so I'm not sure how we ended up here.
    And I stand by my statement that Becky had no real good reason to attack Ronda. Just because Smackdown and RAW are going to have a set of matches at a PPV does not mean your are obligated to attack the other side in the dressing room prior to the PPV. Certainly it has happened in the past, but that doesn't qualify as a GOOD reason to attack someone.

If you decide to do it, don't be shocked if someone gives you a recipt for it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The rumor/theory I like the best is that every McMahon family member ends up supporting a different person in the main event.
    I don't think either Becky or Ronda particularly like Stephanie, so I'm not sure which would have her in their corner if they went that route.

If they want to set up some sort of Summerslam match with Steph and Becky, MAYBE have Steph somehow someway end up in Beckys corner only for her to turn on her.

Astonishing Member

And I stand by my statement that Becky had no real good reason to attack Ronda. Just because Smackdown and RAW are going to have a set of matches at a PPV does not mean your are obligated to attack the other side in the dressing room prior to the PPV. Certainly it has happened in the past, but that doesn't qualify as a GOOD reason to attack someone.

If you decide to do it, don't be shocked if someone gives you a recipt for it.
    It was business. Becky and the Smackdown Women's division showed dominance over the Raw Women's division. Ronda took it personally and cost Becky (and Charlotte) a Smackdown Women's Championship. The only rightful outcome is to have either Becky or Charlotte take the Raw Women's Championship away from Ronda*. (Edited: My mistake.) I'll agree to disagree because this is going in circles.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 02-12-2019 at 04:41 PM.

It was business. Becky and the Smackdown Women's division showed dominance over the Raw Women's division. Ronda took it personally and cost Becky (and Charlotte) a Smackdown Women's Championship. The only rightful outcome is to have either Becky or Charlotte take the Raw Women's Championship away from Becky. I'll agree to disagree because this is going in circles.
    It's business when it happens in the ring. That's where it's a "sport."

But at this point it seems moot. Like I said, Ronda seems to be satisfied with the payback she got at TLC. Everyone at this point seems okay with settling whatever issues they have in an actual match... though again, that could change.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    RIP Pedro Morales. The guy was MASSIVELY over as a babyface back in the day. He held the WWWF title for like three years straight and they didn't dare have him ever lose at MSG (or at least EXTREMELY rarely) because the fans would have rioted, he was THAT over.
    It was the same with Bruno more or less. The WWWF then under Vince Sr. believed in the strong minority champion. Bruno was Italian , Pedro was Latino. They were running New York with those strong demographics and it worked. He was still so over ala Bruno that for years into the 1980's they had him booked as the #2 face under Backlund to bolster ticket sales in the area. (Its why he became an IC Champion)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

It's business when it happens in the ring. That's where it's a "sport."

But at this point it seems moot. Like I said, Ronda seems to be satisfied with the payback she got at TLC. Everyone at this point seems okay with settling whatever issues they have in an actual match... though again, that could change.
    Which is where it was leading up to. Business would have concluded had it not been for Nia shoot punching Becky out of the match.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Becky and the SDL women beating down the RAW women and then Ronda if/when she comes out to help is business because it's the usual RAW/SDL rivalry fluff. Becky jumping Ronda in the locker room on her own *before* all of that makes it personal and every wrestler ever, in universe past or present, would take it as such.

Astonishing Member

That was a great promo.

Charlotte has been the best written character in this entire feud and, quite honestly, she should for now. She's the true heel of this match.

That was a great promo.

Charlotte has been the best written character in this entire feud and, quite honestly, she should for now. She's the true heel of this match.
    A big part of the reason why I honestly don't mind Charlotte being interjected in the feud is because frankly I think she makes it better. Firstly she'll make the actual match better... with her in there I genuinely believe the main event will have a shot at being the match of the night. Secondly, I think she'll make the promos and build up to the feud better because she's obviously a better promo cutter and character than Ronda. All around, I think this feud will pick up because of her.

Astonishing Member

A big part of the reason why I honestly don't mind Charlotte being interjected in the feud is because frankly I think she makes it better. Firstly she'll make the actual match better... with her in there I genuinely believe the main event will have a shot at being the match of the night. Secondly, I think she'll make the promos and build up to the feud better because she's obviously a better promo cutter and character than Ronda. All around, I think this feud will pick up because of her.
    I agree. Among all of the points you've mentioned, I also think it works best because Charlotte and Becky have that established history. Becky has fought and clawed her way up to the top but, as Charlotte mentioned, none of it would have happened if it weren't for Charlotte. She's is, without a doubt, the top woman WWE Superstar in WWE and has been for a long time. She's always been in the spotlight of the Women's Division since its revolution. I would even argue that's the real story. Becky, no matter what she does, is still put in Charlotte's shadow.

I think the writing for Ronda and Becky have been questionable in the past few weeks but this has the potential to course correct itself to be worthy of the main event at Wrestlemania. Between last night with Vince's decision and Charlotte's promo tonight, it's off to a great start. I think it was HUTHAIFA who mentioned that there can be a top talent and a champion. Charlotte fits the top talent category, Ronda fits the champion category. The only thing left to do is have Becky win at Wrestlemania.