Page 365 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465865 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So Vince takes away Kofi's title shot at Fastline and gives it to Kevin Owens. We might actually get Kofi/Bryan at Wrestlemania. I'm liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So Vince takes away Kofi's title shot at Fastline and gives it to Kevin Owens. We might actually get Kofi/Bryan at Wrestlemania. I'm liking this.
    It's pretty cool how energized the SMackdown WWE title scene got in like a month and a half. We all went from wondering who the heck Bryan would defend against to getting a title deserve against both KO and potentially Kofi. We got 2 legit title contenders almost out of thin air.

I'm actually happy for this. Seems to me that everything is leading towards Kofimania!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm actually happy for this. Seems to me that everything is leading towards Kofimania!!
    If Becky wins, Kofi wins, and Rollins gets the belt off of Brock we could end up with a pretty darn fairytale Wrestlemania.

One interesting thing we're seeing is for the second or third time in a row Vince has made a call which went against where Steph and Shane were going. Or at least that's how it appeared. First with Becky, then with KO.

One has to wonder if Vince blindsiding Steph and Shane an indicator that there may be conflict with the McMahons.Though so far Vinces kids are taking it well.

Ultimate Member

So Asuka is missing from her own freaking show yet again. And she still has no set Mania opponent. She's shown up ONCE since the RR, to lose. Also Becky is missing from the show again and Charlotte cuts the shame generic heel promo yet again. Heck Mandy Rose wasn't even on the show to follow up either. And some WWE defenders wonder why others are worried/not liking this "direction."

Also this "Vince randomly taking away title shots on a whim" thing is going to get ol if he doesn't show back up later on to follow up. It's done nothing to help Becky's momentum at all and hopefully they don't screw it up with Kofi either. And I'm REALLY not keen on YET ANOTHER "McMahon power struggle" story. "New Era, you are the Authority now," well that didn't last long it would seem.

Also I guess that WWE just wants us to forgot how KO attacked Vince and busted him open the last time that they saw each other, continuity what's that?

Basically it feels like they're just throwing random crap against a wall to see what sticks at this point.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 02-26-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It'd be stupid, but this is WWE and they do stupid crap like that a lot.

Also speaking of Batista, him vs. AJ Styles could be cool. Not only the contrast, but the "old face of Smackdown vs. the new one" is there as well.
    and they could bring up the shots they took at each other back in 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would have preferred Batista wrestle Orton over HHH. I don't want to see Hunter have a WrestleMania match.

dude, we can NOT have mania w/o a hhh match. the fans demand it!! also he'll get some huge elaborate entrance and dave will get generic pyro.

Astonishing Member

The reintroduction of Batista was great, but general consensus is that this isn't the bout that anyone wants other than Batista.

But hey the bright side is that a young guy isn't being sacrificed for a part-timer.

Kofi being pushed back til Mania is great, as long as, they pull the trigger on a Kofi title run.

I think Bryan should keep his hemp belt no matter what. A delusional champion of the Earth is cool to me.

I really feel like the spot that Richochet, Black, Gargano, and Ciampa are in is better suited for the Undisputed Era.

I think we are getting a face turn for Rush.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    and they could bring up the shots they took at each other back in 2005

dude, we can NOT have mania w/o a hhh match. the fans demand it!! also he'll get some huge elaborate entrance and dave will get generic pyro.
    Excellent point.

Astonishing Member

would they even remember?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

So Asuka is missing from her own freaking show yet again. And she still has no set Mania opponent. She's shown up ONCE since the RR, to lose. Also Becky is missing from the show again and Charlotte cuts the shame generic heel promo yet again. Heck Mandy Rose wasn't even on the show to follow up either. And some WWE defenders wonder why others are worried/not liking this "direction."

Also this "Vince randomly taking away title shots on a whim" thing is going to get ol if he doesn't show back up later on to follow up. It's done nothing to help Becky's momentum at all and hopefully they don't screw it up with Kofi either. And I'm REALLY not keen on YET ANOTHER "McMahon power struggle" story. "New Era, you are the Authority now," well that didn't last long it would seem.

Also I guess that WWE just wants us to forgot how KO attacked Vince and busted him open the last time that they saw each other, continuity what's that?

Basically it feels like they're just throwing random crap against a wall to see what sticks at this point.
    I don't think the KO thing is random... but I do think it was sort of a last minute rush job.

I think the whole Kofi thing sort of came out of nowhere and surprised everyone, so they had to scramble to change their existing booking plans to accomodate it. But that said, I DO think it's giving fans what they want. It creates the illusion it's not by having Kofi lose his title match (even though I don't think too many are actually complaining about KO getting in the main event for Fastlane), but really that's just getting Kofi into Wrestlemania, which is the bigger pay off.

Ultimate Member

Just have Kofi at Mania, it's like Becky. Stop overcomplicating things when it's no needed.

It's not getting people more hyped, it's just annoying them.

I don't think it's random, though it is slightly (and justifiably) rushed. Most rumors had Bryan's mania opponent be the returning KO, but seeing the reaction to Kofi and the potential story there, it seems they switched it up. Which imo is a good thing.

The questionable thing is the McMahon power struggle. They're clearly making it look like Steph/Shane/HHH are with the idea of change, but Vince is stuck in his ways and key on things going his way. I'm not keen on Vince's family drama part XXXV but if the end result is Wrestlemania wins for Becky and Kofi I'll suck it up and deal with it.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Just have Kofi at Mania, it's like Becky. Stop overcomplicating things when it's no needed.

It's not getting people more hyped, it's just annoying them.
    It's as complicated as it is because they needed to change plans multiple times.

Originally Kofi wasn't supposed to be involved at all. But because he was as over as he was, the at the last minute gave him a match as Fastlane (though it's possible that could have been Ali's spot all along). KO was supposed to be Wrestlemania. But then they switched gears again and realized Kofi should be at Mania, so they flipped it. Given how last minute it was, this wasn't necessarily the most seemless bit of storytelling we've ever seen. But it does get the job done, and it does fit reasonably well with the narrative they were building anyways.

The the blessing and curse of pro wrestling... you sometimes have to make stuff up on the fly. In THIS case, I think it worked out pretty well for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

The the blessing and curse of pro wrestling... you sometimes have to make stuff up on the fly. In THIS case, I think it worked out pretty well for everyone involved.
    Exactly, I'd much rather they adapt on the fly to give us the match we want than stick with the plan no matter what, as they've done in the past. Given that Kofi's rise has taken place in less than a month I think they've done a solid job so far.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!