Page 37 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147871375371037 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not questioning the fact that Becky's a heel. Under the circumstances she really shouldn't be one.
    If you attack your best friend for no real justidication, then it's fair to label that person a heel in wrrstling.

Cornette says how against racism he is....and then praises dick murdoch, who was a proud kkk member

Astonishing Member

The Smackdown writers told 90% of a good story. Becky's momentum and sudden rise--only for the blonde chosen princess to steal her moment.
    (The match also told a good story--count the number of times that Charlotte broke up Becky's pin and then in the end sneaks up on her from behind to win)

Becky snapping is not unrealistic. Her being a heel is possible. But they are going to ruin it by having her cut standard heel promo. She'll probably be a cowardly heel too, which is even worse.

They need to save the story and let Becky be a more complex character. Otherwise it's going to be a Daniel Bryan-like turn where the fans reject it. And it will turn Charlotte into Roman Reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The Smackdown writers told 90% of a good story. Becky's momentum and sudden rise--only for the blonde chosen princess to steal her moment.
    (The match also told a good story--count the number of times that Charlotte broke up Becky's pin and then in the end sneaks up on her from behind to win)

Becky snapping is not unrealistic. Her being a heel is possible. But they are going to ruin it by having her cut standard heel promo. She'll probably be a cowardly heel too, which is even worse.

They need to save the story and let Becky be a more complex character. Otherwise it's going to be a Daniel Bryan-like turn where the fans reject it. And it will turn Charlotte into Roman Reigns.
    She wasn't a cowardly heel so far, so we'll see where they go with this.

But I do agree that this potential is a heel turn fans will reject. But if it DOESN"T work, it's not that hard to abort. If Becky can cleanly beat Charlotte in a good competitive match cleanly, Charlotte can congradulate her and they can hug it out.

Conversely if the heel turn works (and you can argue Smackdown does need a better top heel than Carmella), then Asuka has another top heel to feud with.

So they have room to maneuver here if need be.

Ultimate Member

The problem is, WHY? Why cannot they not just let the babyface that people want to see succeed, actually succeed as a babyface. Why is that so freaking hard? Why must they try and pull a Vince Russo and get "cute and clever" with everything.

Just because you can maybe explain it, doesn't make it a good idea to begin with. And turning the most organically over female babyface heel to try and play one of the least sympathetic ones as the "victim" is just stupid on it's face and shows that they have ZERO clue of how to book babyfaces well.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's a WCW move. It's reminiscent of when WCW turned Sting heel in 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is, WHY? Why cannot they not just let the babyface that people want to see succeed, actually succeed as a babyface. Why is that so freaking hard? Why must they try and pull a Vince Russo and get "cute and clever" with everything.

Just because you can maybe explain it, doesn't make it a good idea to begin with. And turning the most organically over female babyface heel to try and play one of the least sympathetic ones as the "victim" is just stupid on it's face and shows that they have ZERO clue of how to book babyfaces well.
    HHH loves the swerve. There have been times when a future storyline leaked and HHH changed it just so the smarks would be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    HHH loves the swerve. There have been times when a future storyline leaked and HHH changed it just so the smarks would be proven wrong.
    I wouldn't exactly say this was a swerve... I think you could SORT OF actually see this coming. You could sort of see the tension build between the two, but especially in Becky. Not everyone necessarily saw this coming... but if you were to rewatch the build up leading up to it, I think there were plenty of tells that Becky was going to turn.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah the Becky heel turn was imminent. They did it right tho she's a sympathetic heel we feel her pain. The crowd loves to see the good girl snap like when they went crazy when Bayley attacked Sasha same thing with Becky. I think they made a mistake in the beginning pushing Becky hard when Sasha was clearly more over than her.

But Becky has upped her game since then new outfit and all.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

what's going to be really bad is when becky loses this feud to charlotte.

becky going the cowardly route would make sense as her old ways of doing things wasn't working, but i'd like to see her just use dirty tactics rather than run away or avoid confrontation.

a long time ago i saw becky do an oblivious heel character that was very reminiscent of WCW jericho. she was damn good in that role so i believe she's fully capable of pulling off a more complex character.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

i'm with you on this, why complicate things so unnecessarily. people want to cheer becky and see her finally win, charlotte is a terrible face, and carmella is just bad at wrestling. why not just do what comes naturally and have becky win the title, turn charlotte and go from there?? seems so simple.

my problem with the shield reunion is roman is the only one who needs it or gains anything from it. the other guys have moved on already.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-22-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

becky not heel just frustrated
    njpw season 4.23 (may 3rd) on axstv time shows you can do 2 matches in 1 hour
    cody vs kota (its worse when a table doesnt break) and now omega vs hangman in the main event
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-23-2018 at 02:37 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

It will be interesting to see what heel Becky is like, the last time she was heel was in NXT before a lot of her character was developed.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Why I would have liked to see Becky win the title as a babyface the heel turn you can at least understand. It's kind of a classic heel turn. The turnee is frustrated that playing by the rules isn't working and is constantly being overshadowed and wants to be champion. If they're going to go this route for a long time than personally I'd like to see her as an aggressive and relentless heel. I get the feeling we'll see her as a face again eventually.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's a WCW move. It's reminiscent of when WCW turned Sting heel in 99.
    Quoted for truth. Sometimes the simple answer is the correct answer and this is definitely WCW level swerve nonsense.

Unfortunately, this won't do anything for Becky because I fully expect her to lose to Charlotte every single time. It doesn't make sense because Charlotte is a better heel and Becky a better face.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-23-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Why I would have liked to see Becky win the title as a babyface the heel turn you can at least understand. It's kind of a classic heel turn. The turnee is frustrated that playing by the rules isn't working and is constantly being overshadowed and wants to be champion. If they're going to go this route for a long time than personally I'd like to see her as an aggressive and relentless heel. I get the feeling we'll see her as a face again eventually.
    i wish she would've just turned heel during the match and won the title instead of losing AGAIN. if she starts off her heel run by losing a championship feud to charlotte she's going to be in a rather shitty position. she desperately needs to win this feud and look good doing so.