Page 374 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474874 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Charlotte is in the match for the purpose of the taking the pin or tapping out. Who ever beats her is 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    They took the credibility of the Women's Rumble is now meaningless by this company's terrible writing and overbooking at the same time this entire thing at Fastlane to Mania and their work shoot on Twitter is making Charlotte a third wheel of the feud that is not needed to the match.

I am the minority here but i'm tired of seeing of multiple Shield reunions so many times that is unfortunately becoming a dead horse and a bandaid from a knife wound courtesy WWE writers since DX which sadly i guaranteed we will see Roman get booed once again if they inserted him to Universal Title rendering Seth's Royal Rumble victory now useless.

They made the right decision to turn Ronda Heel because Heel Ronda is money.
    If Dean is leaving, then they basically have to do the shield reunion now, because they might not ever be able to do it again.

Astonishing Member

Asuka provided an update. She's fine. Said there's no concussion and it wasn't her neck. Thank goodness.

Astonishing Member

So, in story, is it known that Dean is leaving? Since they're advertising the Fastlane match as The Shield's one last ride?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    So, in story, is it known that Dean is leaving? Since they're advertising the Fastlane match as The Shield's one last ride?
    The Commentators mentioned it

King Kong Bundy has died

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The Commentators mentioned it
    Missed that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    King Kong Bundy has died
    March 4th is a shitty day in history.

Astonishing Member

does not like philly
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-05-2019 at 01:24 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

WWE needs to STOP with their "underdog babyface" obsession. Did they completely miss the fact that Becky got super-over when she STOPPED being that? Did they miss the fact that the crowd popped HARD when it looked like it was going to be Becky vs. Ronda, two badass warriors, going at it? THAT is what people loved.

They're trying to crowbar/regress her back into a role that she's outgrown and most people no longer want to see her in. And the absurd amount of "obstacles" that they've piled on in only a month is ridiculous. Practically crippling her in storyline, suspension nonsense, Evil McMahon, making her RR win feel meaningless, corporate heel nonsense, not letting her talk despite that being a big part of her appeal, etc. It's like they're doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what people were loving.

It genuinely seems like they just do not know how to book a babyface who isn't an "underdog." That's all that they can think to do, regardless of whether it fits or not.

Amazing Member

I loved Smackdown early 2000s. It shade classic wrestlers. Smack at the end had too many new wrestlers. In its defense it was canceled allmost 20 years after it came on.
    RayField Adam Clement
    aka "King Grinch"

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and ronda heel turn.
    I'm curious if the heel turn was the plan all along, or if it was sort of a last minute change in booking.

Either way, I suppose this does set up a potential window for the MMA horsewomen to play into things now. A face Ronda wouldn't want (or frankly need) the back up, but a heel Ronda might not care. And if Wrestlemania is a triple threat, that also means no DQ so they can interfere to their hearts content in theory.

Heel Ronda definately creates the potential for more moving parts to this whole thing if they wanna start building towards the horsewomen vs horsewomen thing. The only anomoly is CHarlotte is a heel while the other horsewomen are faces. Plus Charlotte is on Smackdown (Becky is too but she'll likley be on RAW after WM since she'll likely win the belt).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    WWE needs to STOP with their "underdog babyface" obsession. Did they completely miss the fact that Becky got super-over when she STOPPED being that? Did they miss the fact that the crowd popped HARD when it looked like it was going to be Becky vs. Ronda, two badass warriors, going at it? THAT is what people loved.

They're trying to crowbar/regress her back into a role that she's outgrown and most people no longer want to see her in. And the absurd amount of "obstacles" that they've piled on in only a month is ridiculous. Practically crippling her in storyline, suspension nonsense, Evil McMahon, making her RR win feel meaningless, corporate heel nonsense, not letting her talk despite that being a big part of her appeal, etc. It's like they're doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what people were loving.

It genuinely seems like they just do not know how to book a babyface who isn't an "underdog." That's all that they can think to do, regardless of whether it fits or not.
    It's amazing how much the company managed to **** up a slam dunk. They had to make it a triple threat, the McMahons had to get evolved, Becky's character assassination. It's amazing how much they get in their way.

BANNED

Meltzer says despite Reigns returning and the Shield reuniting, Ambrose is still leaving WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Meltzer says despite Reigns returning and the Shield reuniting, Ambrose is still leaving WWE
    Too bad. Part of me was hoping he would change his mind. In the least I hope it's a short break and he returns down the line. Given Renee and him are obviously married, I would hate to lose her too.

Still, in the grand scheme of things it's always a good thing for the WWE to lose top stars because that allows them to make more. A guy like an Alastair Back has a MUCH better shot of making it big on the main roster when large voids are created from departing big stars. I think Black would make it big anyways... but this means it'll likely be easier and faster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm curious if the heel turn was the plan all along, or if it was sort of a last minute change in booking.

Either way, I suppose this does set up a potential window for the MMA horsewomen to play into things now. A face Ronda wouldn't want (or frankly need) the back up, but a heel Ronda might not care. And if Wrestlemania is a triple threat, that also means no DQ so they can interfere to their hearts content in theory.

Heel Ronda definately creates the potential for more moving parts to this whole thing if they wanna start building towards the horsewomen vs horsewomen thing. The only anomoly is CHarlotte is a heel while the other horsewomen are faces. Plus Charlotte is on Smackdown (Becky is too but she'll likley be on RAW after WM since she'll likely win the belt).
    Looking back on social media, I think it's been at least planned for the past couple of weeks. Ronda's turn makes her tweets make a lot more sense now--Becky kept provoking her until she snapped.

Yes, Becky jobbed out last night, but I also think it was very good for Ronda's character development--she needed a moment like this. Becky is a badass, and her getting taken out by Ronda, who is also a legitimate badass is fine. Becky is a badass not because she never gets beaten up, but because she gets beaten up and then stands back up and is looking for more.