Page 378 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478878 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Well, when you take two of the top Smackdown stars and put them on Raw, the basic logic would be to replace them with Raw stars. Bayley and Sasha could have easily moved to Smackdown in a trade. Using Smackdown limited time to promote a Raw title match makes no sense.
    It makes sense to use Smackdowns time promoting the RAW title match if the wrestlers in the RAW title match are Smackdown superstars. Until one of them actually wins the RAW belt, Charlotte and Becky still on the Smackdown brand and still showing up on Smackdown.

That said, they seem to have impied that the womans tag tiles are float between brands so in theory its possible for Bayley and Sasha to show up on Smackdown too. But their first feud appears to be with RAW superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Gargano did end up winning the NA NXT title. So while he didn't win the BIG ONE, he wouldn't walk out of NXT empty handed if he hypothetcally were to walk out of it today.

Theoretically they can always continue it on the main roster. Heck, most main rosters WWE fans probably view them more as allies than opponents since they spent all their time on the main roster teaming together. So they could effectively almost reboot the entire angle on the main roster once Ciampa returns. They can initailly team THEN feud again, with Gargano finally beating him.

But yeah... Ciampas injury is at such a tough time. It's wrestlemania season and they both are showing up on the main roster. He's the NXT champ, he's involved in the Dusty Rhodes classic, and they might even be involved in the tag scene on the main roster. Ciampa was involved in so much stuff at such a critical time in the year.

But WWE is very very good at making lemonade out of lemons.
    In fact often I think that's when they are at their best. I think this potentially creates an opportunity for someone else to rise up and fill those voids. .
    LOL.

i'm a big fan of ricochet & aleister black but don't likr the random pairing of the 2. each of those guys should've been presented as a big deal coming to the main roster, and the tag division would be better off showing that real teams>2 individuals randomly thrown together.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    LOL.

i'm a big fan of ricochet & aleister black but don't likr the random pairing of the 2. each of those guys should've been presented as a big deal coming to the main roster, and the tag division would be better off showing that real teams>2 individuals randomly thrown together.
    They're teaming together in the Dusty Rhodes Classic anyways (which typically does pair together a couple singles into a team), so as of now they are a team. And I think the fact that they're competing on RAW, Smackdown, and at the next PPV for the tag belts does show that they are kind of a big deal. Not saying they couldn't have had better debuts, but I do think they are being potrayed as stars.

They're teaming together in the Dusty Rhodes Classic anyways (which typically does pair together a couple singles into a team), so as of now they are a team.

And I think the fact that they're competing on RAW, Smackdown, and at the next PPV for the tag belts does show that they are kind of a big deal. Not saying they couldn't have had better debuts, but I do think they are being potrayed as stars.
    i know you do. thing is the tag titles aren't even a big deal. in fact it's a shame that match will be on the PPV while rey vs almas will be pre-show.

i know you do. thing is the tag titles aren't even a big deal. in fact it's a shame that match will be on the PPV while rey vs almas will be pre-show.
    I'd argue being in ANY title match one your first main roster PPV is a big deal. Not to mention showing up to compete and win on both Smackdown and RAW. They're being used very frequently (more frequently than any wrestlers on the roster at the moment) in good matches sucessfully against credible teams. They're getting over with the main roster crowd, they're winning, and they're getting lots and lots of air time. As far as pushes go, that's pretty darn descent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'd argue being in ANY title match one your first main roster PPV is a big deal.
    The PPV is a filler show and the tag titles is booked worse than the US title. The Revival haven't won a match since winning the belts, the previous champions were barely on TV, and AoP the champs before them had their reign overshadowed by the fact their manager pissed on himself. The belts are tin.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The PPV is a filler show and the tag titles is booked worse than the US title. The Revival haven't won a match since winning the belts, the previous champions were barely on TV, and AoP the champs before them had their reign overshadowed by the fact their manager pissed on himself. The belts are tin.
    Because PPV's are now co-branded, to get onto it you either need to be a champion or you need a TOP angle. If you look at Fastlane, the only non-title matches involve the SHIELD and Becky/Charlotte.

But certainly the tag belts haven't had much emphasis... and I think part of the point of putting Black and Ricochet in this position is to try and change that. If you look at this tag match, all 6 people in it are very good performers. This is an opportunity for the wrestlers to elevate both themselvs and the tag team division. They have the opportunity to really steal the show (which won't be easy as Rey/Almas and Becky/Charlotte), they can carve a niche for themselves without having to compete with other more established guys. The single belt title scene is likely locked up through Wrestlemania, so the tag belt is probably the only available niche anyways.

Astonishing Member

Because PPV's are now co-branded, to get onto it you either need to be a champion or you need a TOP angle. If you look at Fastlane, the only non-title matches involve the SHIELD and Becky/Charlotte.

But certainly the tag belts haven't had much emphasis... and I think part of the point of putting Black and Ricochet in this position is to try and change that. If you look at this tag match, all 6 people in it are very good performers. This is an opportunity for the wrestlers to elevate both themselvs and the tag team division. They have the opportunity to really steal the show (which won't be easy as Rey/Almas and Becky/Charlotte), they can carve a niche for themselves without having to compete with other more established guys. The single belt title scene is likely locked up through Wrestlemania, so the tag belt is probably the only available niche anyways.
    If you notice, they like to pair up NXT Superstars when they first call them up. (the exception being the long time vets like Styles, Joe, etc.) I think it's just so they aren't totally alone with on the main roster, have someone else they can work with to feel comfortable, etc. I don't expect Ricochet and Black to be together after Mania.

Astonishing Member

LOL.

Yeah, they take away from each other. You have Ricochet being high flying happy pants, then you have the dark destroyer in Black.On NXT, it's different since they are established stars there. But right now, it's like Mysterio and the Undertaker teaming.

I said it before, if the call ups had a story behind it, then they should have went with the Undisputed Era. You have a real tag team in Fish and O'Reilly

The Undisputed Era trying to TAKEOVER the WWE is a strong storyline.

Extraordinary Member

Jushin Thunder Liger is retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm surprised he's still going. I watching Liger as a kid wrestling Pillman.

Hopefully he does a few appearances in the States. Him doing NXT was kinda cool back in the day.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm surprised he's still going. I watching Liger as a kid wrestling Pillman.

Hopefully he does a few appearances in the States. Him doing NXT was kinda cool back in the day.
    Well, he retires JAN 2020.

This will be his farewell tour.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Dick "The Destroyer" Beyer has passed away at age 88

I think the blame of this Ciampa injury story goes to Vince McMahon's fault of rushing recklessly calling up Gargano, Ciampa, Ricochet and Black on the Main Roster too soon before Post-Mania without informing Triple H since the Ciampa was dealing nagging injuries before he thow them with Gargano to have physical tag match with the Revival at RAW and The Bar at SmackDown which Vince did not know about the situation news that also killed plans for the conclussion of the Gargano/Ciampa storyline and now TakeOver: New York's main event is on Jeopardy.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki