Page 38 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248881385381038 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    what's going to be really bad is when becky loses this feud to charlotte.

becky going the cowardly route would make sense as her old ways of doing things wasn't working, but i'd like to see her just use dirty tactics rather than run away or avoid confrontation.

a long time ago i saw becky do an oblivious heel character that was very reminiscent of WCW jericho. she was damn good in that role so i believe she's fully capable of pulling off a more complex character.

i'm with you on this, why complicate things so unnecessarily. people want to cheer becky and see her finally win, charlotte is a terrible face, and carmella is just bad at wrestling. why not just do what comes naturally and have becky win the title, turn charlotte and go from there?? seems so simple.

my problem with the shield reunion is roman is the only one who needs it or gains anything from it. the other guys have moved on already.
    At this point I dont think any of them need it.

But I think bringing back the shield every so often gets a pip and allows wwe to sell a bunch of t-shirts.

From a storytelling perspective because they are all faces and still friends, there's no reason not to do it. The shield were together prior to ambrose getting injured, and Seth and Roman continued to watch each others back semi regularly.

I don't think this,can ever be a permanent thing, but as long as it's a draw with the fans I think we'll see it appear in short bursts.

i wish she would've just turned heel during the match and won the title instead of losing AGAIN. if she starts off her heel run by losing a championship feud to charlotte she's going to be in a rather shitty position. she desperately needs to win this feud and look good doing so.
    I think losing needed to be the trigger for the heel turn. If she won, I'd have more trouble buying it.

That said, this will only be worth it if she beats Charlotte for the belt. Beating Charlotte means more than beating Carmella. But if she ends up not beating anyone it's sort of a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point I dont think any of them need it.

But I think bringing back the shield every so often gets a pip and allows wwe to sell a bunch of t-shirts.
    probably but i don't care about selling shirts, i want to see good programing and the best use of talent.

From a storytelling perspective because they are all faces and still friends, there's no reason not to do it. The shield were together prior to ambrose getting injured, and Seth and Roman continued to watch each others back semi regularly.

I don't think this,can ever be a permanent thing, but as long as it's a draw with the fans I think we'll see it appear in short bursts.
    from a storytelling standpoint the reason not to do it is because as faces they should be able to handle their own business like men and not need a numbers advantage. kind of the reason why you don't see too many face stables.

I think losing needed to be the trigger for the heel turn. If she won, I'd have more trouble buying it.
    it's all in how it's done and the follow up promo. easiest way to go imo would be have becky steal the pin from charlotte or cheat to win, have charlotte despite losing be genuinely happy for becky and then do the same post match beatdown. have her promo that charlotte is jealous and wanted to steal her spotlight/title(even though becky stole the win) and she's not sharing the spotlight or playing by the rules anymore. imo it's easier to buy than the "crowd wasn't there for her" stuff we got. i mean here she'd have some valid points but still be in the wrong.

That said, this will only be worth it if she beats Charlotte for the belt. Beating Charlotte means more than beating Carmella. But if she ends up not beating anyone it's sort of a bust.
    agreed.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

regardless of how it happened, this is at least a better feud than bayley/sasha.

probably but i don't care about selling shirts, i want to see good programing and the best use of talent.

from a storytelling standpoint the reason not to do it is because as faces they should be able to handle their own business like men and not need a numbers advantage. kind of the reason why you don't see too many face stables.

it's all in how it's done and the follow up promo. easiest way to go imo would be have becky steal the pin from charlotte or cheat to win, have charlotte despite losing be genuinely happy for becky and then do the same post match beatdown. have her promo that charlotte is jealous and wanted to steal her spotlight/title(even though becky stole the win) and she's not sharing the spotlight or playing by the rules anymore. imo it's easier to buy than the "crowd wasn't there for her" stuff we got. i mean here she'd have some valid points but still be in the wrong.

agreed.
    Ambrose teaming with Seth was about negating the numbers advantage. And Braun rather than challenging Roman when he was at 100% chose to pick the bones and only go after Roman when he was vulnerable. So shield showing up there was fair game.

I do think there are potential storyline issues if the faces always have the advsntage. But I also think with a heel GM the deck will be stacked against the shield enough to justify it.

As far as Becky winning the belt then going heel ... to me at least that's more forced because she gets what she wants. If she beats Charlotte and wins the belt, there's less reason to be frustrated and angry. They can still do it of course ... I just find a heel turn based off her snapping after Charlotte beats her more organic and believable. But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    regardless of how it happened, this is at least a better feud than bayley/sasha.
    It's too early to tell ... but I do think we'll get actual matches out of this.

I wonder if this heel turn means no 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen match.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thing is, she already beat Charlotte recently. It was Charlotte last match before she took time off to fix her raptured implants. It was 2 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpac
    It's not too early. It definitely craps all over Sasha/Bayley. They dragged their feet with that program to the point no one cared anymore and pampered by the fact that creative didn't want to turn either of them and the nonsensical reasoning for keeping them together. We should have gotten a proper blood feud after elimination chamber.

Ambrose teaming with Seth was about negating the numbers advantage. And Braun rather than challenging Roman when he was at 100% chose to pick the bones and only go after Roman when he was vulnerable. So shield showing up there was fair game.
    yeah and that was fine for a night.
    a 3 on 1 beatdown is not fair game, MitB cash in's are fair game and come with the territory of being champion as we've seen plenty of faces cash in on vulnerable opponents. now braun owes each guy a receipt and if seth and ambrose are going to be fodder for braun to get to roman that's really bad for both of them.

I do think there are potential storyline issues if the faces always have the advsntage. But I also think with a heel GM the deck will be stacked against the shield enough to justify it.
    god i DO NOT want to see heel GM against rebellious roman & friends.

As far as Becky winning the belt then going heel ... to me at least that's more forced because she gets what she wants. If she beats Charlotte and wins the belt, there's less reason to be frustrated and angry. They can still do it of course ... I just find a heel turn based off her snapping after Charlotte beats her more organic and believable. But maybe that's just me.
    like somebody mentioned earlier a heel doesn't have to be justified in their turn, and on top of that becky winning sets up her vs charlotte for the title straight away instead of having to do a heel vs heel match with carmella.

Astonishing Member

I hate that the writers can't let it just be what it is, instead they are trying to push us in a particular direction. Becky could have just blasted Charlotte and left the fans out of it. Blasting the fans is the 'see I am the heel in this situation' move. Playing the audience for dopes. I liked the Bret Hart 'heel turn' because he never really went heel he just kept doing what he always did some loved him for it some booed him for it. It was the announcers that tilted the perception eventually. I am wondering how the writers will handle the Braun vs Shield angle will they lay back and let the fans decided or try to tip the perception field again?

yeah and that was fine for a night.
    a 3 on 1 beatdown is not fair game, MitB cash in's are fair game and come with the territory of being champion as we've seen plenty of faces cash in on vulnerable opponents. now braun owes each guy a receipt and if seth and ambrose are going to be fodder for braun to get to roman that's really bad for both of them.

god i DO NOT want to see heel GM against rebellious roman & friends.

like somebody mentioned earlier a heel doesn't have to be justified in their turn, and on top of that becky winning sets up her vs charlotte for the title straight away instead of having to do a heel vs heel match with carmella.
    Cena and RVD cashed their mitb clean. Punk didn't. For faces its,a mixed bag. But point being if Braun isn't willing to straight up come at Roman then Romsns friendschaving his back when he's attacked is fair game. Does Braun owe them a recipt? I'm sure that's exactly what they have in mind. That's presumably the feud they are building towards.

And yes, a heel doesn't have to be justified. I'm just saying this way came off more believable to me personally so I'm okay with it as long as she wins down the line.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cena and RVD cashed their mitb clean. Punk didn't. For faces its,a mixed bag. But point being if Braun isn't willing to straight up come at Roman then Romsns friendschaving his back when he's attacked is fair game. Does Braun owe them a recipt? I'm sure that's exactly what they have in mind. That's presumably the feud they are building towards.

And yes, a heel doesn't have to be justified. I'm just saying this way came off more believable to me personally so I'm okay with it as long as she wins down the line.
    Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose were faces when they cashed in and they didn't do it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose were faces when they cashed in and they didn't do it clean.
    Yeah, it's mixed. I'm not saying a face can't do it. I'm saying if you cash in that way someone blocking you is fair game. It's not like this is the first time a,cash in was blocked. That happens to. It's a part of the deal.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if this heel turn means no 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen match.
    Having tension between the WWE horsewomen, makes it more "fair" in kayfabe than the WWE Horsewomen vs. Ronda, Shayna (who the general WWE audience might not even know) and two newbies who aren't even well known in the MMA world.

Astonishing Member

4:51 says the guys whop does get angry at call of duty
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    Bully Ray confronts Sami Callihan at High Intensity 7 - House of Glory Wrestling: http://youtu.be/jcTG_MapjqU?a via @YouTube
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-23-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Eh, they were getting ready to turn Bryan heel and Dean cashed in on the dude who put his head through a concrete block(though he did say the next night on RAW that he'd have done the same to Roman, so... meh).