Page 383 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483883 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sad news again.

mr. yamaguchi, manager of kaientai, has passed away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it really depends. some of the best tag teams in the world don't have a tag name. the bar went a long time as team before getting a name. same with the revival, american alpha, DIY, etc. one of the best no-name tag teams was brian kendrick and paul london. they were the longest reigning tag team in SD history for a long time and they never had a proper tag name.
    I feel like having a name gives the team more identity. But like I said, I'm a newbie

Extraordinary Member

sad news again.

mr. yamaguchi, manager of kaientai, has passed away.
    This is a bad week for Wrestlers

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They should just team him with Angle.
    maybe. i mean, angle would do it to help him, but kurt's best days are behind him. better yet, make him chad's manager/trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I feel like having a name gives the team more identity. But like I said, I'm a newbie
    you're not wrong but it's more to do with how well a tag team works. also, a team name can work as much against a team as much as for.

i'm looking at you "boss n' hug connection".

Extraordinary Member

you're not wrong but it's more to do with how well a tag team works. also, a team name can work as much against a team as much as for.

i'm looking at you "boss n' hug connection".
    Yeah, that name is just forced

On the topic of Tag teams, Big E and Xavier Woods are gonna face Nakamura and Rusev on the Fastlane pre-show

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yeah, that name is just forced

On the topic of Tag teams, Big E and Xavier Woods are gonna face Nakamura and Rusev on the Fastlane pre-show
    still not sold yet on nak and rusev as a team but if anyone can get a good match out of them, it's big E and woods.

but you think that's bad? you should've been here in the 00s. they didn't have a named tag team anywhere and the teams were just jobbers and mid-carders thrown together with crappy names. like kofi and evan bourne, aka team air-boom.

shame james storm didn't stick with the E when he did. a beer money reunion would've been awesome.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    That's respectable. He has a lot of gas left in the tank but I'm sure he wants to enjoy watching his kids grow up. He certainly deserves the limited schedule.

They could've had almost a long term story line with Balor, Styles, and the Club. Perfect way to bring up Undisputed Era too.

Did The Revival sign new contracts or was them getting the Tag Team Championships a sign of good faith by Vince? Because if it's the latter, they should really rethink about moving to another company. The problem is, no matter who the Raw Tag Team Champions are, they're going to be seen as utter jokes. Between pissing one's self, to pissing on robes, and to losing almost every non-title match.

The worst part of that division is how talented the teams are. Smackdown Tag Team Championships/Division may seem stale with the same teams but at least their booking and story telling is much better.
    The Revival contracts don't expire until next year. I'm sure they gave them the tag belts to convince them to stay but they're still booked like shit. The Revival are gone once the contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Revival contracts don't expire until next year. I'm sure they gave them the tag belts to convince them to stay but they're still booked like shit. The Revival are gone once the contract is up.
    unless they pull a cody and just ask to be released.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

unless they pull a cody and just ask to be released.
    They did ask for a release. It wasn't granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They did ask for a release. It wasn't granted.
    oh yeah.

fuck.

got into a convo with that same person who thinks cody is only getting over due to his father.

had to explain to him in my own special way that legacy wrestlers often have the hardest time succeeding in wrestling.

it really depends. some of the best tag teams in the world don't have a tag name. the bar went a long time as team before getting a name. same with the revival, american alpha, DIY, etc. one of the best no-name tag teams was brian kendrick and paul london. they were the longest reigning tag team in SD history for a long time and they never had a proper tag name.
    I'm fairly sure they were going by Londrick by the end of their tenure, it was a shit name but it was a name.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Legacy wrestlers are generally nowhere near as talented as their parents, and if we're being real, Cody is nowhere near as good as Dusty(or Dustin, honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'm fairly sure they were going by Londrick by the end of their tenure, it was a shit name but it was a name.
    and that's how much of a name it is. i don't even remember it. even now, whenever they come up, they are only called london and kendrick.