Page 385 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Maybe, I am just focusing too much on in ring. While their fathers may be better performers, I just find the in ring work of the kids better. I prefer a more athletic style for my wrestling. Not a fan of the monkeys of spot, but you got to do more for me than brawling.
    To a large degree "better" can be subjective.

But the most objective standard for how good you are might simply be having the ability to tell a story in the ring and on the mic, which motivates people to buy a ticket or tune on. And in that regard, a lot of the legends do tend to outshine their kids. It's part of the reason they are legends.

It's very fair to say for the most part the wrestlers back in the day weren't as athletic as todays guys. They told a story in the ring and essentially were trying to simulate a fight. Todays wrestling is a bit more of a dance. Realism is toned down a notch, and spots is toned up a notch. Not saying one is inherently better or worse, but it's different. But of course I"m speaking in generalities here.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Also did wonders for the King of the Cruiserweights, Neville. Complete reinventions of characters. I think Gable has a decent character on the main roster but it would be interesting to see what he could do with it in 205 Live.

1) Around 5 hours

2.) Starts at 5 p.m. on the Network.
    As far as Gable goes, IF Jordan can come back (and thats an IF ... fingers crossed) I think the best thing for Gable might be if they pair them up again. Maybe with Angle as a manager. They an possibly turn on each other later and become 2 separate singles stars but in the short term I think that would be the biggest thing for them.

But I do agree that a stint on 205 could be interesting. He wrestles a bit of a different style than most of the guys there. He potentially would be a beast, as his quickness and strength would be second to none.

Maybe, I am just focusing too much on in ring. While their fathers may be better performers, I just find the in ring work of the kids better. I prefer a more athletic style for my wrestling. Not a fan of the monkeys of spot, but you got to do more for me than brawling.
    i was just talking the in ring stuff. some of those guys might've had a limited move set and not be as athletic but knew how/when to work the comeback as a babyface or when to cut the babyface off as a heel. **** like that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm waiting to read a problem that's actualy a problem. They're getting more air time than anyone else in the company, they're putting out very good matches, and they're over with the crowd.
    they're there aplenty, you either can't or choose not to comprehend what you're reading.

If the biggest complaint is that the division is shitty, I'd argue that Black/Ricochet vs Revival makes the tag division pretty darn watchable at the moment. Roode/Gable don't particularly suck either. At least through Wrestlemania, I'd say we're going to get a pretty entertaining program for the tag division. It's consisting of good workers that are putting out pretty solid matches.
    nobody said YOU won't enjoy it. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i was just talking the in ring stuff. some of those guys might've had a limited move set and not be as athletic but knew how/when to work the comeback as a babyface or when to cut the babyface off as a heel. **** like that.

they're there aplenty, you either can't or choose not to comprehend what you're reading.

nobody said YOU won't enjoy it. have fun.
    Given the reaction that Black and Ricochet are getting in their matches, I think it's fair to say there's a descent consensus that viewers seem to be enjoying their work in the tag division on the main roster so far. And that shouldn't be all that surprisng... the matches have been very good. And these are just RAW and Smackdown matches. I think at Fastlane (and possibly at Wrestlemania) they potentially will steal the freaking show.

When you have over talented performers getting lots of air time putting out very good matches, everyone wins.

Given the reaction that Black and Ricochet are getting in their matches, I think it's fair to say there's a descent consensus that viewers seem to be enjoying their work in the tag division on the main roster so far.
    well of course, they're very talented and are fan favorites who just debuted.

And that shouldn't be all that surprisng... the matches have been very good. And these are just RAW and Smackdown matches. I think at Fastlane (and possibly at Wrestlemania) they potentially will steal the freaking show.

When you have over talented performers getting lots of air time putting out very good matches, everyone wins.
    you just don't get it, mostly because you don't want to. that's fine.

you won't understand this but for everybody else, the shitty thing about the tag match is that the only ones who gain anything by winning is the revival and even their gain is minimal because they most likely will win by stealing a pin or some other nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    well of course, they're very talented and are fan favorites who just debuted.

you just don't get it, mostly because you don't want to. that's fine.

you won't understand this but for everybody else, the shitty thing about the tag match is that the only ones who gain anything by winning is the revival and even their gain is minimal because they most likely will win by stealing a pin or some other nonsense.
    Black and Ricochet gain quite a bit by being featured in RAW, Smackdown, NXT, and on PPV's matches, where they are winning very good matches. They're being put on a large plat form and being given the time and opportunity to show they can get over on the main roster. Again, no one outside of Becky Lynch is being given this much TV time. With NXT, they getting more than even her quite frankly. For a performer, getting that much air time is valuable especially if you're able to win in very good matches.

Astonishing Member

Black and Ricochet gain quite a bit by being featured in RAW, Smackdown, NXT, and on PPV's matches, where they are winning very good matches. They're being put on a large plat form and being given the time and opportunity to show they can get over on the main roster. Again, no one outside of Becky Lynch is being given this much TV time. With NXT, they getting more than even her quite frankly. For a performer, getting that much air time is valuable especially if you're able to win in very good matches.
    There is no argument that they are getting a push 90% of the roster would love but this tag team isn't the best presentation for them. I said it before, it would be like introducing Rey and Taker as a tag team. Vince will stuck with reintroducing/repacking them to the crowd when they when put them on their proper course.Its a make up to break up. Pointless imho.

There is no argument that they are getting a push 90% of the roster would love but this tag team isn't the best presentation for them. I said it before, it would be like introducing Rey and Taker as a tag team. Vince will stuck with reintroducing/repacking them to the crowd when they when put them on their proper course.Its a make up to break up. Pointless imho.
    If they're already over with the main roster crowd as it, they really don't need repackaging. Simply include them in the superstar shake up to determine what brand they are on, and go from there. It's perfectly fine if they break up after WM because they did what they needed to do with them... they gave them a platform to show the main roster crowd what they can do, while delivering a much needed boost to the tag division. Because again Black/Ricochet vs the Revival on any given night on any given card has the potential to steal the show. And Roode/Gable ain't exactly chopped liver either. Get over wrestlers and given them the time to put out good matches, and you have a tag division that people can actually look foreward to seeing on TV. Even if its only a temporary boost, it's a welcome one given it's Wrestlemania season.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If they're already over with the main roster crowd as it, they really don't need repackaging. Simply include them in the superstar shake up to determine what brand they are on, and go from there. It's perfectly fine if they break up after WM because they did what they needed to do with them... they gave them a platform to show the main roster crowd what they can do, while delivering a much needed boost to the tag division. Because again Black/Ricochet vs the Revival on any given night on any given card has the potential to steal the show. And Roode/Gable ain't exactly chopped liver either. Get over wrestlers and given them the time to put out good matches, and you have a tag division that people can actually look foreward to seeing on TV. Even if its only a temporary boost, it's a welcome one given it's Wrestlemania season.
    How is it a boost to the tag division if they are not staying a team? They demolish the top teams, don't win the belts then go their desperate ways? Way to make the tag division look like a bunch of geeks. Sounds like how WCW used their crusierweights whenever they wrestled above their weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How is it a boost to the tag division if they are not staying a team? They demolish the top teams, don't win the belts then go their desperate ways? Way to make the tag division look like a bunch of geeks. Sounds like how WCW used their crusierweights whenever they wrestled above their weight class.
    It's a boost because it's creating matches in the tag division I think a lot of viewers want to see. Are they beating top teams? Yes, but they are beating them in good competetive matches that a lot of people I think actualy want to see. The Revival and Gable are actually showing that they can put out good matches on the main roster. Yes, wins and loses matter to a degree... but this is entertainment more than it is a sport. If they can sell the idea that these teams are performers people actually want to watch, that in the long run will do more for them than winning a few matches people didn't care as much about a month and a half ago.

It is possible to win and still make your opponents look good. In the case of the matches Black and Ricochet are having, everyone is coming off looking better because we're getting good matches that the fans are finally starting to actually give a dam about. It might not last after WM, but if they can even get people hype up to WM, then it was worth it.

It's a boost because it's creating matches in the tag division I think a lot of viewers want to see. Are they beating top teams? Yes, but they are beating them in good competetive matches that a lot of people I think actualy want to see. The Revival and Gable are actually showing that they can put out good matches on the main roster. Yes, wins and loses matter to a degree... but this is entertainment more than it is a sport. If they can sell the idea that these teams are performers people actually want to watch, that in the long run will do more for them than winning a few matches people didn't care as much about a month and a half ago.

It is possible to win and still make your opponents look good. In the case of the matches Black and Ricochet are having, everyone is coming off looking better because we're getting good matches that the fans are finally starting to actually give a dam about. It might not last after WM, but if they can even get people hype up to WM, then it was worth it.
    It's only a boost if there's some long term benefit to it. Having these rolled through the tag division to later push them as single guys does the division no favors. It's no good if all it's useful for is to be a stepping stone.

Seriously, if having good competitive matches is all that matters then 205 Live should eclipse everything currently going on in the main roster but it ain't.

It's only a boost if there's some long term benefit to it. Having these rolled through the tag division to later push them as single guys does the division no favors. It's no good if all it's useful for is to be a stepping stone.

Seriously, if having good competitive matches is all that matters then 205 Live should eclipse everything currently going on in the main roster but it ain't.
    If people actually get interested in the Revival and Roode/Gable based on this feud, then there's a long term benefit. They're being sticked with over wrestlers who fans care about, and putting out good matches then even in a losing effort they're better off. Edge and Christian pretty much won all the TLC matches, but the Dudleys and Hardys still benefitted greatly from them. Not that I think for a minute that we'll get those sort of matches in this feud... but again, if they can get people interested, it'll help everyone.

Good competetive matches isn't ALL that matters. But good competetive matches with wrestlers who are over matters quite a bit.

I'm curious what you would have preferreed they do with the tag division? Who would you guys want instead in the title picture heading into WM... cause honesetly off the top of my head at least I can't think of any particular tag teams I'd prefer in their postion.

If people actually get interested in the Revival and Roode/Gable based on this feud, then there's a long term benefit. They're being sticked with over wrestlers who fans care about, and putting out good matches then even in a losing effort they're better off. Edge and Christian pretty much won all the TLC matches, but the Dudleys and Hardys still benefitted greatly from them. Not that I think for a minute that we'll get those sort of matches in this feud... but again, if they can get people interested, it'll help everyone.

Good competetive matches isn't ALL that matters. But good competetive matches with wrestlers who are over matters quite a bit.

I'm curious what you would have preferreed they do with the tag division? Who would you guys want instead in the title picture heading into WM... cause honesetly off the top of my head at least I can't think of any particular tag teams I'd prefer in their postion.
    Fans care about Gable and Roode? When did that happen? They don't get consistent airtime and when they do get it they don't make the most of it.

I would like to see the tag division be booked like it is on NXT. The champs are strong, there's a healthy pool of teams that matches don't become stale, said teams are given time to get over and the division can be main-event. NXT is pretty good when it comes to rotating their various divisions for main-event status. Said when Roman had to leave for his cancer treatment instead of scrambling of finding a new main guy to replace him Vince could had the tag guys pick up the slack while men singles got rebuild. He will never do that as he for whatever reason doesn't like tag wrestling.

Fans care about Gable and Roode? When did that happen? They don't get consistent airtime and when they do get it they don't make the most of it.

I would like to see the tag division be booked like it is on NXT. The champs are strong, there's a healthy pool of teams that matches don't become stale, said teams are given time to get over and the division can be main-event. NXT is pretty good when it comes to rotating their various divisions for main-event status. Said when Roman had to leave for his cancer treatment instead of scrambling of finding a new main guy to replace him Vince could had the tag guys pick up the slack while men singles got rebuild. He will never do that as he for whatever reason doesn't like tag wrestling.
    I didn't say fans were interested... I said they could be interested in them and the Revival if they run a program with Black and Ricochet, and we end up with matches fans are interested in. I agree they don't get consistant air time.. but the match at Fastlane is an opportunity for them to really show what they can do against 2 other very good teams.

And when I ask what you prefer, I am being specific. Right now we have the REvival as champs and Roode/Gable as the logical team to compete with them as former champs. You don't seem to like inserting Black and Ricochet, so who you use instead? Like I said earlier, I can't think of anything off the top of my head I would get more hype for... but maybe I'm missing something.

I didn't say fans were interested... I said they could be interested in them and the Revival if they run a program with Black and Ricochet, and we end up with matches fans are interested in. I agree they don't get consistant air time.. but the match at Fastlane is an opportunity for them to really show what they can do against 2 other very good teams.

And when I ask what you prefer, I am being specific. Right now we have the REvival as champs and Roode/Gable as the logical team to compete with them as former champs. You don't seem to like inserting Black and Ricochet, so who you use instead? Like I said earlier, I can't think of anything off the top of my head I would get more hype for... but maybe I'm missing something.
    The Good brothers. They haven't used those guys in a meaningful way for months. I rather see them get a shot against the Usos than Miz and Shane. I want to see Heavy machinery in Black/Ricochet spot.