Page 397 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That would sort of kill the sales on the "Never Give up" merch.
    He doesn't need to give up. Joe submission is a choke. Have Cena pass out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I doubt they'll want to put the title on a part-timer like Cena. This ought to be the first time in donkey's decades that Cena is made to submit
    I wouldn't expect Cena to Win. But I expect they'll push Joe as a dominant heel and have Cena be built up as the only possible challenger
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That would sort of kill the sales on the "Never Give up" merch.
    Perhaps Cena could force Joe to win by some means other than submission, like pinfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wouldn't expect Cena to Win. But I expect they'll push Joe as a dominant heel and have Cena be built up as the only possible challenger

Perhaps Cena could force Joe to win by some means other than submission, like pinfall?
    Honestly I was only kidding about the Never Give Up thing. Though top faces usually just go to sleep rather than tap out or submit But one way or another I'm sure Cena will give Joe a perfectly clean win.

Ultimate Member

-Will Asuka actually get to be on the freaking show, and will they FINALLY start building a Mania program for her?

-Will they FINALLY start letting Becky cut proper promos again?

-Will Becky and Charlotte actually be on he show to follow-up on what happened at Fastlane?

-Will Vince's sudden inexplicable hatred of Kofi continue?

-How will Miz react to Shane pulling a McMahon?

-Will Sasha and Bayley Ever appear on SDL?

-Will Samoa Joe's badassery continue?

-Etc.

Find out hopefully, same SDL time same SDL channel

Extraordinary Member

Vince hating Kofi does make sense to me. Villains in power don't like being defied. Kofi is defying him and insisting on getting an opportunity Vince didn't think he was good enough for.

Vince hating Kofi does make sense to me. Villains in power don't like being defied. Kofi is defying him and insisting on getting an opportunity Vince didn't think he was good enough for.
    I don't think Vince at this point even HATES Kofi... I think it's just that he legitimately doesnt' feel he's a big enough star to be WWE champion (in character of course).

He's trolling Kofi and the WWE audience for fun... but at this point I don't think on Vinces end it's personal. Yet. But I'm sure as time goes on the New Day will defy him more and more and that will start getting under Vinces skin.

Ultimate Member

There's no consistency to Vince's character now. It feels like snapshot booking, he just goes "well I'm doing this tonight and that's it." There's no real set-up for it, and no real follow-up. He shows up to screw over Becky, despite NEVER having an issue with her onscreen before, but he hasn't shown up again for any follow-up on that.

He suddenly has an issue with Kofi, despite NEVER having had an onscreen issue with him before. Yet at the same time, he's fine giving Owens (who's a babyface now I guess), and Mustafa Ali (another "plucy underdog" babyface) title shots out of nowhere? And unlike Becky, Kofi HASN'T really defied him much (if anything Big E and Xavier are far more forceful in that regard).

Has Vince just lost the plot entirely now, because ever since their "New Era" speech they seem to have abandoned all logic and consistency even more than normal. They're not even trying to make sense anymore.

Extraordinary Member

It seems like Vince thought he was waiting on Kofi when they barged into his office. Maybe they're trying to hint at someone conspiring against Kofi to play him and Vince against each other

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    There's no consistency to Vince's character now. It feels like snapshot booking, he just goes "well I'm doing this tonight and that's it." There's no real set-up for it, and no real follow-up. He shows up to screw over Becky, despite NEVER having an issue with her onscreen before, but he hasn't shown up again for any follow-up on that.

He suddenly has an issue with Kofi, despite NEVER having had an onscreen issue with him before. Yet at the same time, he's fine giving Owens (who's a babyface now I guess), and Mustafa Ali (another "plucy underdog" babyface) title shots out of nowhere? And unlike Becky, Kofi HASN'T really defied him much (if anything Big E and Xavier are far more forceful in that regard).

Has Vince just lost the plot entirely now, because ever since their "New Era" speech they seem to have abandoned all logic and consistency even more than normal. They're not even trying to make sense anymore.
    Justifying Vinces sudden opposition to Becky is simple enough since she attacked Stephanie. So that's not entirely out of the blue.

The Kofi thing is out of nowhere and sudden... but in their defense that was completely last minute. He wasn't even supposed to be in Elimination Chamber, and they essentially scrambled first to give him a title shot, and later a shot in Wrestlemania. Since it wasn't the plan all along, it sort of meant they had to make up stuff as they went along. Vince was an easy way of justifying Kofi's title shot move from Fastlane to Wrestlemania... it works well enough since he just did it with Becky (and possibly is creating this overall narrative that he's overturning Tripple H and Stephanie as he did it twice in a row). Basically WWE used what was there to justify a very very rushed last minute change. It was far from perfect... but it sort of gets the job done.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

no riffdown tonight.

oh i think i'm gonna like heel shane.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oh i think i'm gonna like heel shane.
    McMahons in general are better heels.

Extraordinary Member

Are the Bar, Rusev, and Nakamura gonna reform the League of Nations or something? I saw Cultaholic speculate on that

Are the Bar, Rusev, and Nakamura gonna reform the League of Nations or something? I saw Cultaholic speculate on that
    gonna need some major build up for that. but i can see where they get that idea from.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    gonna need some major build up for that. but i can see where they get that idea from.
    Well they're tagging tonight, and Rusev&Nakamura did help the Bar out when the New Day tried to run in on their beatdown of Kofi