Page 40 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

another loss for wwe
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Jack Swagger signed with Bellator. Hopefully his MMA career ends up being better than Punk's.
    I'm pretty sure you or me wold have a better MMA career then punks.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    That **** is a Botchamania intro or outro worthy of awfulness of that segment considering I watch Impact Wrestling on weekly basis.

If have the Shield's reunion be that special instead of using Rollins and Ambrose's popularity to get cheap and lukewarm pop to Roman, I put Undisputed Era dominating Main Roster organically (even I don't want Cole, O'Reilly, Strong or Fish near the main roster).

I don't want Ronda vs. Nikki Bella at Evolution (a woman whose being in the company for months vs. A semi retired Reality show celebrity that she and her sister were the symbol of why the Divas were the bathroom break. IMO the whole Women's revolution started at NXT no question).
    Nikki Bella had actually developed into a pretty decent wrestler before her neck issues got really bad, but sure, let's be a disrespectful ******* toward all the hard work she put into trying not to be an embarrassment in the ring.

Jack Swagger signed with Bellator. Hopefully his MMA career ends up being better than Punk's.
    So does that mean no more Jake Strong on Lucha Underground?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm pretty sure you or me wold have a better MMA career then punks.
    Anyone can have a better MMA career then Punks, I know in he never wants to but he needs to return to a Wrestling Ring (definitely not WWE)
    I AM GOOT

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can equally argue from a storytelling standpoint as a monster Braun should just go out there and challenge Roman clean, without having to wait until Roman is vulnerale. But like I said, if Braun is choosing to be opportunistic about it and pick his spot (which is smart), then Roman should be perfectly fine having the SHIELD watch his back (which is also smart).
    bad argument because by that logic faces wouldn't even compete in MitB, they just earn a title shot and challenge the old fashioned way. by having both faces and heels cash in on vulnerable opponents they've established it as just the nature of the mitB.

but like i said, my point was that there are reasons not to do the shield reunion.

Do I see a problem with Dean and Seth being fodder for Braun? Firstly Braun has used pretty much everyone has fodder except Brock and Roman, so it's not like being part of SHIELD changes anything other than Seth and Dean being actually able to get him back for it. Secondly, I'm pretty sure in the short term Braun will fail to cash in so the SHIELD will likely get the better of him for now. They're probably MORE protected now than they normally would be. As a unit, the SHIELD tends to be booked strong.
    this makes me question your understanding of the term "fodder" as in short for "cannon fodder" and you left out the very important details of ambrose just having returned and rollins holding the IC title he just regained.

I can't stop laughing. They could have at least edited in a thud when the car drove by.
    also did you notice how they made sure to get konehead out of the way but left the kid?? and then why is a kid hanging out in the street late night with a bunch of thugs drinking anyways??

lucha's pretaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Nikki Bella had actually developed into a pretty decent wrestler before her neck issues got really bad, but sure, let's be a disrespectful ******* toward all the hard work she put into trying not to be an embarrassment in the ring.
    i don't see it. he said he doesn't want to see it and xplained why, where's the disrespect and ******* behavior??

Astonishing Member

time for the may 4th episode of NJPW on axstv
    tanahashi tries to take the IWGP heavyweight championship from okada damn fine match it was
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-25-2018 at 02:47 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    bad argument because by that logic faces wouldn't even compete in MitB, they just earn a title shot and challenge the old fashioned way. by having both faces and heels cash in on vulnerable opponents they've established it as just the nature of the mitB.

but like i said, my point was that there are reasons not to do the shield reunion.

this makes me question your understanding of the term "fodder" as in short for "cannon fodder" and you left out the very important details of ambrose just having returned and rollins holding the IC title he just regained.

also did you notice how they made sure to get konehead out of the way but left the kid?? and then why is a kid hanging out in the street late night with a bunch of thugs drinking anyways??

lucha's pretaped.

i don't see it. he said he doesn't want to see it and xplained why, where's the disrespect and ******* behavior??
    I don't disagree that it's not established that cashing in when a champ is vulnerable isn't a part of MITB. But at the same time people blocking a cash in had been established too. So they to be on a relatively even footing in this regard. Neither is handling it in the most bad @$$ way, but they are both handling it smart.

And yes ... Ambrose is returning to be a part if what is likely the main event top angle rather than any sort if midcard feud.

When the shield are all faces, they watch each other's back. That's fairly normal.

Again though, I think as a unit the shield is usually booked strong. They are far less likely to be booked as fodder if they are a unit, because right now they are probably considered the strongest force in wrestling.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-25-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Ultimate Member

Neville in NJPW, or even Impact, could be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    another loss for wwe
    He really was a great cruiser weight champ. Honestly between his record title run in nxt and his record title run on 205 live, I think you can argue wwe used him reasonably well.

It's not a huge loSS for wwe as they have tons of cruiser weight talent in nxt waiting to be called up. But it is a shame things didn't work out.

Astonishing Member

JDfromatlanticity206
    he sure hates the shield
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-25-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

He really was a great cruiser weight champ. Honestly between his record title run in nxt and his record title run on 205 live, I think you can argue wwe used him reasonably well.

It's not a huge loSS for wwe as they have tons of cruiser weight talent in nxt waiting to be called up. But it is a shame things didn't work out.
    Personally, I think he held the Cruiserweight Title longer than he should've. And he really shouldn't have gotten it back so soon after Tozawa beat him for it.

Astonishing Member

time for ring of honor wrestling on komo 4 seattle
    christopher daniels vs jay briscoe starts us off
    silas young takes on flip gordon
    and the main event for the world six-man championship the young bucks and cody vs the kingdom
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-26-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

I don't disagree that it's not established that cashing in when a champ is vulnerable isn't a part of MITB. But at the same time people blocking a cash in had been established too. So they to be on a relatively even footing in this regard. Neither is handling it in the most bad @$$ way, but they are both handling it smart.
    i don't recall anytime a face had his friends protect him from getting cashed in on and then a 3 on 1 beatdown of the guy cashing in to establish this.

but again, my point is that there are reasons not to do the shield reunion, from a storytelling standpoint.

And yes ... Ambrose is returning to be a part if what is likely the main event top angle rather than any sort if midcard feud.

When the shield are all faces, they watch each other's back. That's fairly normal.
    after a 9 month layoff ambrose should have his own program and as a former champion even teasing title contention. a hot upper midcard feud is much better than being the road dogg to roman's hhh.

having each other's back and 3 on 1 beatdown's are very different things.

Again though, I think as a unit the shield is usually booked strong. They are far less likely to be booked as fodder if they are a unit, because right now they are probably considered the strongest force in wrestling.
    well that's a whole different topic, but i know it won't be ambrose or rollins feuding with strowman.

i'm still just praying dean turns on rollins & roman and begins his own program.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't recall anytime a face had his friends protect him from getting cashed in on and then a 3 on 1 beatdown of the guy cashing in to establish this.

but again, my point is that there are reasons not to do the shield reunion, from a storytelling standpoint.

after a 9 month layoff ambrose should have his own program and as a former champion even teasing title contention. a hot upper midcard feud is much better than being the road dogg to roman's hhh.

having each other's back and 3 on 1 beatdown's are very different things.

well that's a whole different topic, but i know it won't be ambrose or rollins feuding with strowman.

i'm still just praying dean turns on rollins & roman and begins his own program.
    There are reasons to do and NOT to do anything. But I think the bottom line is that if it works then it works. And I think if reuniting the shield reunion generates fan interest, makes sense storyline wise, and sells some merch then the WWE is fine doing it. It works if the shield are reunited and it works if they're not. We got the shield not reunited for almost a year, so now they're doing the other thing.