Page 408 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    When you are going to do the predictable, it's always best to throw in as many swerves as possible. Just to let the hardcore audience feel suspense for awhile.

You know the hero is going to win at the end of the story, but the suspense is in the how.

Let's just all hope they don't Booker T it.
    If it were anyone other than Kofi I'd actually want Bryan to retain, because he is a GREAT champion.

But at this point Kofi really does need to win.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If it were anyone other than Kofi I'd actually want Bryan to retain, because he is a GREAT champion.

But at this point Kofi really does need to win.
    This is my favorite champ run for Daniel. Every promo is crisp and effective. He has been missed.

With Joe and Bryan, the WWE has some great heels holding down the fort.

It's amazing how many great talkers are on the Smackdown side with Miz,Joe, Bryan,Owens, the Usoa,and Becky. Hey shout out to Iconic for always being hilarious.

This is my favorite champ run for Daniel. Every promo is crisp and effective. He has been missed.

With Joe and Bryan, the WWE has some great heels holding down the fort.

It's amazing how many great talkers are on the Smackdown side with Miz,Joe, Bryan,Owens, the Usoa,and Becky. Hey shout out to Iconic for always being hilarious.
    And the really cool thing is that in addition to having mic skills most of the guys you mention can go in the ring. Even Miz, though not a GREAT in-ring performer, I think is a little underrated.

Right now Smackdown is pretty darn stacked with guys who are all around great sports entertainers.

Ultimate Member

It's not just a WWE thing. Flair would almost always lose to build up his opponents for big PPV title matches. Basically that's the only reason non title matches exist.
    I remember when they used to do #1 contender's matches to earn title shots. It was a refreshing time.

Astonishing Member

Let's just all hope they don't Booker T it.
    Because it's not closing the show (There's definitely an argument for it), in the back of your head, there's the chance they could Booker T this...

Astonishing Member

And the really cool thing is that in addition to having mic skills most of the guys you mention can go in the ring. Even Miz, though not a GREAT in-ring performer, I think is a little underrated.
    Like they said with Miz, he rarely has the A++ match of he night, but he almost always has a B+ one. Super consistent, he's never there and you think "Boy, that match was a dud"

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I remember when they used to do #1 contender's matches to earn title shots. It was a refreshing time.
    Sure, but what I'm saying is that it's not entirely uncommon for a number one contender to beat the champ in some sort of non title situation or tag match or whatever to help establish that the contender is a legit threat to the champ. A Roman Reigns or a John Cena wouldn't have to because they're already established. But a guy that's not established as a top singles star might get put over to establish that they could be in the champs league.

It's more common if the up and coming contender is going to fail to beat the champ though. When Ricky Morton challenged Ric Flair or rVD challenged Triple H, they both beat the champs on non title situations buidling up to their PPV title match but ended up failing to win the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Like they said with Miz, he rarely has the A++ match of he night, but he almost always has a B+ one. Super consistent, he's never there and you think "Boy, that match was a dud"
    Next to Cena, I think you can argue Mix is the employee of the decade. I really do.

He's a good company man that will always work hard and do just about anything. He seemingly is never injured, seemingly never injures anyone else, and always seems to do whatever with a smile on his face. He genuinely just seems happy to be there, whether he's in the main event or being made to look like a fool in the mid-card.

Because he came from a reality TV show rather than being a legit amateur athlete or spending a decade in japan before entering the WWE, I think people have a tendency to under rate him a bit at times, but he really is one of the better all around sports entertainers in the company. Factoring in mic skills and his ability to generate heat, I think you can say top 10.

Miz can tell a story in the ring. Miz can tell a story on the mic.

He's not a Bret Hart or a Rock. But he can tell a story well and that's better than most.

Just get rid of that janky Figure Four, please.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Xavier Woods thinking about quitting and forming a game studio
    https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/s...41945490116608

The build for this angle getting crazy.
    It's pretty fun how Xavier and Big E are playing this angle for real on social media. Between this and some of Ronda's stuff, it's pretty neat now wrestlers can use social media to push their angles outside of the shows. Frankly more wrestlers should do that (though I suppose the downside being no one will take their social media interaction seriously anyone once you start using it to advance storylines).

Should be neat seeing what sort of occupy Smackdown angle we get on Smackdown to finally convince Vince to give Kofi a chance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Because it's not closing the show (There's definitely an argument for it), in the back of your head, there's the chance they could Booker T this...
    Yeah, there is always the fear that they will have too many feel good moments. On a show that's 8 hours long, I think you need as many feel good moments as possible. Crowd could go south real fast, if they don't get Benoit and Eddie moments.

Extraordinary Member

imo miz is below average in the ring and very good on the mic. so as a prowrestler overall he's average. while he doesn't deserve to be shot on for his inring ability the way some people do or have, he also doesn't really deserve praise for NOT sucking. for as long as he's been around, the opportunities he's had, the people he's been around to learn from NOT being awful is NOT an accomplishment.

also imo the becky/charlotte/ronda has lost a lot of momentum and WWE have only themselves to blame. it seems like as far as booking goes they rarely get **** right purposely.

Astonishing Member

I feel like Balor vs Lashley should be a triple threat. Add Strowman

That match needs some personality. I am guessing Strowman is being set up for the comedy act at the Battle Royale. Probably going to be eliminated by one of the SNL guys. I see Owens winning it. He needs something at Mania.

I feel like Balor vs Lashley should be a triple threat. Add Strowman

That match needs some personality. I am guessing Strowman is being set up for the comedy act at the Battle Royale. Probably going to be eliminated by one of the SNL guys. I see Owens winning it. He needs something at Mania.
    I think if Balor uses the Demon at Wrestlemania, that's all the personality it needs

I think KO is frankly too big for the battle royal but you're right... he needs something for Wrestlemania.