Page 409 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I feel like Balor vs Lashley should be a triple threat. Add Strowman

That match needs some personality. I am guessing Strowman is being set up for the comedy act at the Battle Royale. Probably going to be eliminated by one of the SNL guys. I see Owens winning it. He needs something at Mania.
    Strowman has no stake in the Lashley feud. If it becomes a triple threat Lio will be the third man and make it a glorified handicap match.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-22-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Strowman has no stake in the Lashley feud. If it becomes a triple threat Lio will be the third man and make it a glorified handicap match.
    Going for the title should be enough motivation. Braun has beef with Lashley since two times, Lashley,Drew, and Corbin put him on the shelf in the last few months.

I could have sworn the rivalry between Andrade and Mysterio was going to lead to a Mania match.Owens vs Joe was what I was assuming. Joe and Cena was also an assumption. I guess Cena is MIA for Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Going for the title should be enough motivation. Braun has beef with Lashley since two times, Lashley,Drew, and Corbin put him on the shelf in the last few months.

I could have sworn the rivalry between Andrade and Mysterio was going to lead to a Mania match.Owens vs Joe was what I was assuming. Joe and Cena was also an assumption. I guess Cena is MIA for Mania.
    There's still a chance they might swap out Corbin for Cena.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There's still a chance they might swap out Corbin for Cena.

Kurt deserves that. There is a certain poetry to that match.

Astonishing Member

screw racism which this isn't about
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    screw racism which this isn't about
    How else can can you explain Vince screwing Kofi over with no reason?

His arguement is that he doesn't perceive Kofi as a main eventer. That's not necessarily a racial issue, in that the same reasoning was used when the authority tried holding back Daniel Bryan.

Of course, you can also interpet VInces rationale as just a cover to conceal any racial motivation he might have.

I imagine WWE is leaving that issue vague, at least on air, so people can read into it what they want.

Astonishing Member

he's got neeewwwss
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

The history of the WWE shows that Vince screws with people simply because he can.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His arguement is that he doesn't perceive Kofi as a main eventer. That's not necessarily a racial issue, in that the same reasoning was used when the authority tried holding back Daniel Bryan.

Of course, you can also interpet VInces rationale as just a cover to conceal any racial motivation he might have.

I imagine WWE is leaving that issue vague, at least on air, so people can read into it what they want.
    Kofi alluded to the racism in his promo with Vince two weeks ago. Byron has been laying it thick with his commentary in the gauntlet

Ultimate Member

Also the fact that Vince seemingly has NO alternatives lined up. Like at least with Becky he did have an alternative prepared (Ronda vs. Charlotte). With Kofi, he's seemingly obsessed with Kofi NOT being there, but he hasn't laid out an alternative option. So is he so obsessed with Kofi that he'd rather just not have a WWE title match as Mania at all than Kofi being in it?

Also there's the fact that there's been exactly ONE black WWE champion so far, AND the whole Booker T WrestleMania 19 fiasco as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also the fact that Vince seemingly has NO alternatives lined up. Like at least with Becky he did have an alternative prepared (Ronda vs. Charlotte). With Kofi, he's seemingly obsessed with Kofi NOT being there, but he hasn't laid out an alternative option. So is he so obsessed with Kofi that he'd rather just not have a WWE title match as Mania at all than Kofi being in it?

Also there's the fact that there's been exactly ONE black WWE champion so far, AND the whole Booker T WrestleMania 19 fiasco as well.
    who was that??

man corny has made MLW considerably less enjoyable. he is literally corny as fuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

If you count the World title, there was multiple black champions, but yeah... certainly there's a lack of diversity there. And Rock was half black.

The issue with an alternative is a fair criticism of the angle. In practice, no alterantive is needed since they're not setting up a triple threat like with Becky. To book someone else into the spot then remove them might be too similair to what they might be doing with Angle and Corbin, in that they're sort of advertising something even temporarity that likely won't happen. But nonetheless it's a valid plot hole.

I could buy it either way. They can have Vince have wrestler X as his pick, just to fill that plot hole and remove it later (as I'm sure they don't want another triple threat). But I honestly don't mind all that much simply leaving that plot hole alone. This was a rushed last minute storyline to get Kofi into the WWE title scene at WM since his whole rise came out of nowhere, so they're sort of doing a lot of booking on the fly.