Page 410 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510910 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    who was that??

man corny has made MLW considerably less enjoyable. he is literally corny as fuk.
    The Rock. A lot fans tend to forget that he's half black.

Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yeah his father is Rocky Johnson, who along with Teddy Atlas, were the first Black tag team to win the WWE tag titles. Heck he and Atlas's team name was "Soul Patrol" for goodness sake.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you count the World title, there was multiple black champions, but yeah... certainly there's a lack of diversity there. And Rock was half black.

The issue with an alternative is a fair criticism of the angle. In practice, no alterantive is needed since they're not setting up a triple threat like with Becky. To book someone else into the spot then remove them might be too similair to what they might be doing with Angle and Corbin, in that they're sort of advertising something even temporarity that likely won't happen. But nonetheless it's a valid plot hole.

I could buy it either way. They can have Vince have wrestler X as his pick, just to fill that plot hole and remove it later (as I'm sure they don't want another triple threat). But I honestly don't mind all that much simply leaving that plot hole alone. This was a rushed last minute storyline to get Kofi into the WWE title scene at WM since his whole rise came out of nowhere, so they're sort of doing a lot of booking on the fly.
    Yes Booker T and Mark Henry both won the WHC. This is true, I only didn't mention it because WWE counts the WHC as a separate title with it's own lineage, whereas Kofi is going after the WWE title.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Kurt deserves that. There is a certain poetry to that match.
    Cool that Angle will be facing AJ on his fairwell tour on Smackdown life.

Whoever his opponent will be at Wrestlemania is going to have a tough time following that up.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    and for a lot of people, "half black" isn't the same as "all black".

micheal nakazawa vs. alex jebailey at this year's CEO.

Ultimate Member

So it's official, Becky vs. Ronda vs. Charlotte will in fact main event Mania. Hopefully WWE lets these three go all out and just brutalize each other during the match (especially since Triple Threats are No-DQ).

Extraordinary Member

The Hart foundation is being inducted into the Hall of Fame

Didn't think the Hart Foundation was getting inducted after Harlem Heat was announced. This is the first time two tag teams are being inducted in the same class, no?
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Ultimate Member

Also DX is going in this year as well. It's the year of Tag Teams and Stables it would seem.

Extraordinary Member

And funnily enough all of the groups this year have members who are already in it solo

Also Angle will be on RAW tonight wrestling Samoa Joe

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Didn't think the Hart Foundation was getting inducted after Harlem Heat was announced. This is the first time two tag teams are being inducted in the same class, no?
    The Valiant Brothers (96) were the first Tag Team to go in and the first dual teams were the Von Erichs and the Funks (09).

This is the most group heavy it has been, even if they add more individuals.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And funnily enough all of the groups this year have members who are already in it solo

Also Angle will be on RAW tonight wrestling Samoa Joe

since you are pretty new to wrestling, JC, i'd hit this match up. this was the first legend dream match i can remember watching live. this was kurt at his peak and joe at his most uber. (at the time of this match, joe had been on a two year undefeated streak in TNA)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

since you are pretty new to wrestling, JC, i'd hit this match up. this was the first legend dream match i can remember watching live. this was kurt at his peak and joe at his most uber. (at the time of this match, joe had been on a two year undefeated streak in TNA)
    I'll give that a look