Page 416 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 19298

Asuka got screwed, but at the same time I do like the idea of the Woman's belt being unified.

New Day winning felt fantastic. Best booked feud in the lead up to Mania imo.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 03-26-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Asuka got screwed, but at the same time I do like the idea of the Woman's belt being unified.

New Day winning felt fantastic. Best book feud in the lead up to Mania imo.
    I have mixed feelings about the idea of a unified womans belt that can float.

On the plus side, I think it means the womans title scene will never be stale if it can be defended on any brand. Seeing Becky (who would obviously win) show up on RAW, Smackdown, NXT, and even NXT UK to challenge the best talent on each brand would be cool.

But I'm skeptical of the WWE's ability to book the performers on a brand without a title to compete for. They can do it for the singles mens' division, but for woman and tag teams WWE often doesn't have anything for the people outside of the tag scene. So I think it's only an improvement if the booking were to step up. But if they can pull it off, it would be cool. If not, they're better off with seperate belts on different brands.

And YES this is the best booked feud leading into mania. It's generating great content. For all the complaints about WWE doing another Vince screws someone storyline, I think the content they gave Kofi was great. Way better than if they just handed Kofi the title match after Fastlane.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-26-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind Charlotte getting the championship, but she shouldn't have done it clean. There should have been some sort of outside interference

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

asuka deserved better. in fract, a lot of guys and gals on the main roster deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it's entirely fair to say the womans tag belts are stale... poor Bayley and Sasha only just won them.
    Bayley and Sasha are stale. Not the titles per se. I actually change the channel anytime Sasha Banks is on.

Ultimate Member

Asuka is being treated well at all. In fact, no one deserves to be treated the way she’s being treated (and I don’t say this lightly).
    On a personal level, it can be very disheartening when your employers don’t really believe in you despite you giving your best.

Asuka was brought onto the main roster only to be screwed up by bad booking. When she does the get the belt, she loses just before the biggest wrestling event in the world and might not even be on the show. That’s a bit too much IMO.

This doesn’t actually apply to Asuka alone but a lot of guys and girls on the roster. Look at the Riott squad, they don’t just lose, they are routinely humiliated, like why? Why that sort of horrible treatment? I really don’t get it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Asuka is being treated well at all. In fact, no one deserves to be treated the way she’s being treated (and I don’t say this lightly).
    On a personal level, it can be very disheartening when your employers don’t really believe in you despite you giving your best.

Asuka was brought onto the main roster only to be screwed up by bad booking. When she does the get the belt, she loses just before the biggest wrestling event in the world and might not even be on the show. That’s a bit too much IMO.

This doesn’t actually apply to Asuka alone but a lot of guys and girls on the roster. Look at the Riott squad, they don’t just lose, they are routinely humiliated, like why? Why that sort of horrible treatment? I really don’t get it.
    and the usos and the revival don't even have set opponents themselves.

the IC belt is just a rematch from the last PPV.

the US title match isn't much of anything.

we got two comedians in the andre battle royal.

seriously, this show just feels so underwhelming.

Astonishing Member

Apparently the Smackdown Women's Championship will not be on the line in the main event. Either Vince had no confidence in the Smackdown Women's Division or he wants Wrestlemania to end with the Four Horsewomen standing tall with all the gold.

Charlotte praised Asuka on Instagram stating that she's the most talented woman she's ever shared the ring with.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think so.
    Based solely on their tag team accomplishments though? I think Kane had better tag teams with RVD and Daniel Bryan more so than 'Taker.

Thinking about it more... I'll bet the womans match isnt' a unification.

I'll bet Wrestlemania will end with all 4 horsewomen holding up their titles together in the ring, even if Charlottes a heel. That will be the snapshot of the womans revolution. All 4 horsewomen in the ring at the end of Wrestlemania as champions.

Astonishing Member

I think the Usos will pay the price for what they did tonight and Vince will give them a really hard opponent(s) at Wrestlemania now.

They will tease a New Day breakup now but it won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    New Day winning felt fantastic. Best booked feud in the lead up to Mania imo.
    They wrestled a hell of a match tonight. Great build and a solid finish.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    They wrestled a hell of a match tonight. Great build and a solid finish.
    Yeah. The Hardys signature match was ladders and the Dudleys signature was table matches. I think New Day have become the Masters of the Gauntlet match.

Astonishing Member

similar thoughts
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

It's a slap in the face to Asuka, that's what it is. Last year when she tapped to Charlotte at Mania so many fans defended it by saying "oh it'll make her more interesting" or "they'll do cool stuff with her going forward." And none of that happened, and even as champion, they booked her as an afterthought. And now, TWO WEEKS before Mania, they had her lose the belt to Charlotte (who in-story did NOTHING to earn this title shot, and was an impromptu one). And not only that, they had Asuka lose CLEAN via tap out yet again (because apparently she's allowed to beat all of the HW except Charlotte), so they deny her even a claim to the ME via screwy finish And now she might not even get a Mania match.

When some fans wonder why other fans complain about "golden girl" Charlotte's booking, or how Asuka is being disrespected, this is the kind of crap that they're talking about.

Also I doubt that it's a title unification, especially since rumors are that Fox wants the brands to be MORE separate, not less. It's probably a way to ensure that Charlotte has a belt at the end of Mania, win or lose the triple threat.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and for a lot of people, "half black" isn't the same as "all black".
    to me it's less of what fraction of blackness he is and more of how he looks. idk how rock identifies but the fact is he isn't instantly recognizable as a black man. it's pretty crazy that there's never been a main champion that you could tell was black just on first look.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, but if the Riot squad were to beat Ronda, Becky, and Charlotte clean wouldn't we all be complaining about the wwe booking the challengers and the chsmpion in the main event badly? Its one thing if say Charlotte or Becky cost each other a match to get heat, but doing that for the Riot squad when they don't even have a match to build for wouldn't make sense.
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's a slap in the face to Asuka, that's what it is. Last year when she tapped to Charlotte at Mania so many fans defended it by saying "oh it'll make her more interesting" or "they'll do cool stuff with her going forward." And none of that happened, and even as champion, they booked her as an afterthought. And now, TWO WEEKS before Mania, they had her lose the belt to Charlotte (who in-story did NOTHING to earn this title shot, and was an impromptu one). And not only that, they had Asuka lose CLEAN via tap out yet again (because apparently she's allowed to beat all of the HW except Charlotte), so they deny her even a claim to the ME via screwy finish And now she might not even get a Mania match.

When some fans wonder why other fans complain about "golden girl" Charlotte's booking, or how Asuka is being disrespected, this is the kind of crap that they're talking about.

Also I doubt that it's a title unification, especially since rumors are that Fox wants the brands to be MORE separate, not less. It's probably a way to ensure that Charlotte has a belt at the end of Mania, win or lose the triple threat.
    i remember those people.