Page 417 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467517917 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

No wonder Gail Kim wants nothing to do with this company. Vince and co still understand nothing at all about how to use Asian talent well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    to me it's less of what fraction of blackness he is and more of how he looks. idk how rock identifies but the fact is he isn't instantly recognizable as a black man. it's pretty crazy that there's never been a main champion that you could tell was black just on first look.

no.

i remember those people.
    You may not be able to instantly identify Rock as a black man, but in the least you can instantly identify him as NOT being a white guy. And from a diversity standpoint, I think that's the important thing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's a slap in the face to Asuka, that's what it is. Last year when she tapped to Charlotte at Mania so many fans defended it by saying "oh it'll make her more interesting" or "they'll do cool stuff with her going forward." And none of that happened, and even as champion, they booked her as an afterthought. And now, TWO WEEKS before Mania, they had her lose the belt to Charlotte (who in-story did NOTHING to earn this title shot, and was an impromptu one). And not only that, they had Asuka lose CLEAN via tap out yet again (because apparently she's allowed to beat all of the HW except Charlotte), so they deny her even a claim to the ME via screwy finish And now she might not even get a Mania match.

When some fans wonder why other fans complain about "golden girl" Charlotte's booking, or how Asuka is being disrespected, this is the kind of crap that they're talking about.

Also I doubt that it's a title unification, especially since rumors are that Fox wants the brands to be MORE separate, not less. It's probably a way to ensure that Charlotte has a belt at the end of Mania, win or lose the triple threat.
    This week Smackdown there was suppose to be a match to determine who will face Asuka at WrestleMania. I need to know the reasoning behind such a baffling decision. Charlotte being a champion adds nothing to the triple threat. All they managed to do with eliminate another women match for the mania card.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This week Smackdown there was suppose to be a match to determine who will face Asuka at WrestleMania. I need to know the reasoning behind such a baffling decision. Charlotte being a champion adds nothing to the triple threat. All they managed to do with eliminate another women match for the mania card.
    Like I said in an earlier post, I think the idea is to end Wrestlemania with all 4 horsewomen (even heel Charlotte) closing the show together in the ring celebrating and embracing as champions. I think it's sort of a Benoit/Guererro Wrestlemania ending which they can use to visually embody the womans evolution.

My initial though was that they might be trying to unify the womans belt so they have a float champ like the tag belts... but I'm going with the 4 horsewomen as champions to close WM visual instead.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-27-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Ultimate Member

Which makes no sense in Charlotte's case because her and Becky have been trying to kill each other for half a year AND she's the heel. It's a "big moment" without any logic behind it.

With Benoit and Guerrero they were both long-time friends who had traveled to world together, and were both babyfaces as well, so it made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post, I think the idea is to end Wrestlemania with all 4 horsewomen (even heel Charlotte) closing the show together in the ring celebrating and embracing as champions. I think it's sort of a Benoit/Guererro Wrestlemania ending which they can use to visually embody the womans evolution.
    That's not worth spitting on Asuka face and shitting on Smackdown women division.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Which makes no sense in Charlotte's case because her and Becky have been trying to kill each other for half a year AND she's the heel. It's a "big moment" without any logic behind it.

With Benoit and Guerrero they were both long-time friends who had traveled to world together, and were both babyfaces as well, so it made more sense.
    It makes about as much sense as this did storywise.

CNEDS_LWwAAOog7.0.0.jpg

Sometimes the REAL moments are the best ones.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-27-2019 at 07:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

-The timing of this is the worst part, TWO WEEKS before Mania.
    -The fact that this was apparently a last second/later afternoon change just once again shows how incompetent WWE is at storytelling and time management.
    -The fact that it happened basically because WWE gave up and decided that they couldn't find a good story for Asuka. YOU'VE HAD TWO MONTHS to do that, there's no excuse here. To just screw Asuka over and deny her a Mania match because of your own lack of storytelling ability, is truly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It makes about as much sense as this did storywise.

CNEDS_LWwAAOog7.0.0.jpg

Sometimes the REAL moments are the best ones.
    It wouldn't be a real moment but a manufactured one.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, the entire women's division has been pretty much been shit on to promote the RAW main event. Only the tag teams have been protected.

Totally not surprised they did this to Asuka. It must be heartbreaking for her thinking she was going to have a Wrestlemania match and now she might not have one. (Women's Battle Royal hasn't been announced yet has it?) They really have yet to write a serious storyline/feud for Asuka since she's been on the main roster. Really her biggest rival has been James Ellsworth.

No wonder Gail Kim wants nothing to do with this company. Vince and co still understand nothing at all about how to use Asian talent well.
    I do feel like they legitimately tried with Shinsuke. For whatever reason it didn't take and a lot of people were disappointed by his matches--which was supposed to be the selling point of his various feuds.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    To be fair, the entire women's division has been pretty much been shit on to promote the RAW main event. Only the tag teams have been protected.

Totally not surprised they did this to Asuka. It must be heartbreaking for her thinking she was going to have a Wrestlemania match and now she might not have one. (Women's Battle Royal hasn't been announced yet has it?) They really have yet to write a serious storyline/feud for Asuka since she's been on the main roster. Really her biggest rival has been James Ellsworth.

I do feel like they legitimately tried with Shinsuke. For whatever reason it didn't take and a lot of people were disappointed by his matches--which was supposed to be the selling point of his various feuds.
    They didn't try. They jobbed him out to Jinder freaking Mahal of all people in a WWE title feud, his first WWE title feud. Then he STILL had momentum after winning the RR, but then they just had him lose clean at Mania, then there was a feud centered around ball kicks, and despite his heel turn being reasonably well-received, they still had him lose a second WWE title feud in a row. They didn't even let him do much of anything with the US Title either for goodness sake. If that's "trying" than that's pathetic.

That's not worth spitting on Asuka face and shitting on Smackdown women division.
    That match hurt my heart, I like Charlotte, but Asuka deserves so much better.

Astonishing Member

Rumor going around that Vince scrapped the Smackdown Women's #1 Contender match because nobody would care about it. Regardless of who won the match.

All of this is manufactured, it's whether it makes sense or not. The Four Horsewomen holding up all the titles at the end doesn't make sense at all but when has that stopped Vince.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 03-27-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

I rarely get pissed at a match. But that was just pure trash. Asuka deserves better than that. As others have pointed out. This doesn't add anything to the match. We all know that Charlotte is legit. She is amazing. She doesn't need to be in the triple threat and she doesn't need that title.

If you want to reset the Smackdown women's title just have the Battle royale be for that title. Asuka gets "screwed", but doesn't take a pin or submit. You get the belt on someone you do have ideas for, Asuka gets to hunt for the title, she never lost.

This win justs put " change the channel" heat on Charlotte.

Now, if we go with an Undisputed Women's title, we don't get new matches, we get the same matches on two separate shows.

If the idea is to give the women their own show, that is equally stupid. They are not niche. They get like 30% of Raw and Smackdown time right now.

If you are going to be this dumb. Why not go full dummy and have Becky beat Bazzler for the NXT title, then you can truly have this be the Greatest Mania Match Of All.

Oy vey.

It would be completely real. These are 4 friends who have literally carried womens wrestling on their backs for the past 4 years and have now reached what is arguably the pinnacle of the sport. This would be a very real moment for them, just as it was at Take Over. The circumstances are manufactured, but the accomplisment and the emotions behind it would be 100% real. T