Page 418 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518918 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I rarely get pissed at a match. But that was just pure trash. Asuka deserves better than that. As others have pointed out. This doesn't add anything to the match. We all know that Charlotte is legit. She is amazing. She doesn't need to be in the triple threat and she doesn't need that title.

If you want to reset the Smackdown women's title just have the Battle royale be for that title. Asuka gets "screwed", but doesn't take a pin or submit. You get the belt on someone you do have ideas for, Asuka gets to hunt for the title, she never lost.

This win justs put " change the channel" heat on Charlotte.

Now, if we go with an Undisputed Women's title, we don't get new matches, we get the same matches on two separate shows.

If the idea is to give the women their own show, that is equally stupid. They are not niche. They get like 30% of Raw and Smackdown time right now.

If you are going to be this dumb. Why not go full dummy and have Becky beat Bazzler for the NXT title, then you can truly have this be the Greatest Mania Match Of All.

Oy vey.
    Did that get change the channel heat on Charlotte? Because I honestly thought she got a pretty strong face reaction for the win, despite being a heel.

Maybe that's partly on her for acting so emotional, rather than playing off as the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    To be fair, the entire women's division has been pretty much been **** on to promote the RAW main event. Only the tag teams have been protected.

Totally not surprised they did this to Asuka. It must be heartbreaking for her thinking she was going to have a Wrestlemania match and now she might not have one. (Women's Battle Royal hasn't been announced yet has it?) They really have yet to write a serious storyline/feud for Asuka since she's been on the main roster. Really her biggest rival has been James Ellsworth.

I do feel like they legitimately tried with Shinsuke. For whatever reason it didn't take and a lot of people were disappointed by his matches--which was supposed to be the selling point of his various feuds.
    I think they were sort of trying to build a storyline around Asuka feuding with Mandy and Sonya. A week ago I would have guessed the Smackdown womens wrestlemania match would be a triple threat with Asuka, Mandy, and Sonya. Off the top of my head at least, that's probably the best they could do short of bringing someone up from NXT to randomly challenge for the belt. But I guess they gave up on that.

Astonishing Member

It was a horrible booking decision but, if there was going to be one person to defeat Asuka, Charlotte was the right choice. She's pretty much guaranteed to stay on Smackdown after 'Mania and that will, hopefully, give the rightful outcome of Asuka going over. Possibly at SummerSlam.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I do feel like they legitimately tried with Shinsuke. For whatever reason it didn't take and a lot of people were disappointed by his matches--which was supposed to be the selling point of his various feuds.
    Here is the thing, they tried and succeeded. Nak was over. Especially, after going heel. He popped every time, he was on screen, then they just stopped. No one can be relevant when they just let you float out there with nothing. I don't care, if you are Cena or Curt Hawkins.

Booking the champ is easy. The title is the storyline. Whether it's fighting heroically to defend it or being dirty to keep it. It's an easy story.

There is a crap ton of mouthpieces out there, who could carry promos for him.The only thing that frustrates me about Vince is when you know he knows better because he has done better.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It would be completely real. These are 4 friends who have literally carried womens wrestling on their backs for the past 4 years and have now reached what is arguably the pinnacle of the sport. This would be a very real moment for them, just as it was at Take Over. The circumstances are manufactured, but the accomplisment and the emotions behind it would be 100% real. T
    There's no logic behind it. Becky and Charlotte have been killing each other since Summer Slam, Sasha and Bayley haven't mattered until they won the tag titles. Sasha and Bayley had no interaction with Becky and Charlotte since their respective turns. I'm sorry I don't care for this ass pull of a moment.

Astonishing Member

Did that get change the channel heat on Charlotte? Because I honestly thought she got a pretty strong face reaction for the win, despite being a heel.

Maybe that's partly on her for acting so emotional, rather than playing off as the heel.
    For me. I was done. Turned the TV off immediately. Her getting a face pop is pretty counterproductive. She has been doing great work as a heel, so to flip her seems pointless.

For me, this is just a sign to not even bother watching the Rousey match. Much like the Brock match, I will just listen for the results.

Astonishing Member

Here is the thing, they tried and succeeded. Nak was over. Especially, after going heel. He popped every time, he was on screen, then they just stopped. No one can be relevant when they just let you float out there with nothing. I don't care, if you are Cena or Curt Hawkins.

Booking the champ is easy. The title is the storyline. Whether it's fighting heroically to defend it or being dirty to keep it. It's an easy story.

There is a crap ton of mouthpieces out there, who could carry promos for him.The only thing that frustrates me about Vince is when you know he knows better because he has done better.
    It's typical booking by Vince. Build somebody up where they're over enough to win the main card championship, have them lose, and then give them a meaningless mid-card championship.

For me. I was done. Turned the TV off immediately. Her getting a face pop is pretty counterproductive. She has been doing great work as a heel, so to flip her seems pointless.

For me, this is just a sign to not even bother watching the Rousey match. Much like the Brock match, I will just listen for the results.
    Oh, I'm not saying they are flipping her into a face. Just saying the crowd cheered the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    It was a horrible booking decision but, if there was going to be one person to defeat Asuka, Charlotte was the right choice. She's pretty much guaranteed to stay on Smackdown after 'Mania and that will, hopefully, give the rightful outcome of Asuka going over. Possibly at SummerSlam.
    Yeah, Smackdown at least will keep Charlotte. They are likely losing Becky once she wins the RAW womans title. That points to the bulk of the horsewomen being on RAW. Sasha and Bayley can float... but they don't seem to spend a whole lot of time on Smackdown in comparison to RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's no logic behind it. Becky and Charlotte have been killing each other since Summer Slam, Sasha and Bayley haven't mattered until they won the tag titles. Sasha and Bayley had no interaction with Becky and Charlotte since their respective turns. I'm sorry I don't care for this ass pull of a moment.
    Again, it had about as much logic as this.

CNEDS_LWwAAOog7.0.0.jpg

And as far as Sasha and Bayley interacting with Becky and Charlotte... it's subtle but it's there. We've seen the 4 horsewomen hand sign several times between them when Becky visited the RAW brand and they were on camara briefly together.

They have been building up the 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen thing below the surface for the better part of a year. Not overtyly, but it's been in the subtext. Wrestlemania I think is where the pieces start to come together.

Ultimate Member

The problem is, it only adds to the narrative that many people have that Charlotte is the be all end all in WWE's minds. "Well at least it was Charlotte," no it being Charlotte is precisely the problem for many. I mean look at this, Asuka has beaten Becky clean at the RR (and WOW does that win feel pointless now), and beaten Sasha and Bayley clean as well. Yet they REFUSE to let her beat Charlotte, in fact she's tapped out clean three times in a row (if you count the MMC) when facing Charlotte. Not helping the "nepotism" arguments go away there. And the fact that this happened so close to Mania, the SDL title apparently isn't even on the line at Mania, and they had Asuka lose in such a humiliating way, everyone that people don't like with WWE in one single moment.

And from what I've observed, so far the vast bulk of the complaints/heat isn't on Charlotte the character, it's own WWE the company "disrespecting" Asuka to prop up their golden girl again.

The thing is, you cannot sacrifice everyone else for the sake of one match or three people. You need other credible challengers and WWE has been abysmal at doing that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is, it only adds to the narrative that many people have that Charlotte is the be all end all in WWE's minds. "Well at least it was Charlotte," no it being Charlotte is precisely the problem for many. I mean look at this, Asuka has beaten Becky clean at the RR (and WOW does that win feel pointless now), and beaten Sasha and Bayley clean as well. Yet they REFUSE to let her beat Charlotte, in fact she's tapped out clean three times in a row (if you count the MMC) when facing Charlotte. Not helping the "nepotism" arguments go away there. And the fact that this happened so close to Mania, the SDL title apparently isn't even on the line at Mania, and they had Asuka lose in such a humiliating way, everyone that people don't like with WWE in one single moment.

And from what I've observed, so far the vast bulk of the complaints/heat isn't on Charlotte the character, it's own WWE the company "disrespecting" Asuka to prop up their golden girl again.

The thing is, you cannot sacrifice everyone else for the sake of one match or three people. You need other credible challengers and WWE has been abysmal at doing that recently.
    In the case of Charlotte Flair, I don't think the nepotism arguement really holds water. She's good enough to be in the position she's in.

But certainly it's fair to argue WWE basically made Asuka an after though. They are prioritizing the 4 horsewomen as part of the build up for the Wrestlemania main event, and I do think that is basically putting the rest of the womans division in their shadow.

They could have put Asuka in a mid-card feud with a mid-card opponent... and I think that was the original plan. Probably Mandy and Sonya, based on how the storylines were going. But at the very last minute they seemed to scrap it for whatever reason. I can't say I'll miss the match as it honestly would have been just filler... but certainly I feel bad for Asuka.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Again, it had about as much logic as this.

CNEDS_LWwAAOog7.0.0.jpg

And as far as Sasha and Bayley interacting with Becky and Charlotte... it's subtle but it's there. We've seen the 4 horsewomen hand sign several times between them when Becky visited the RAW brand and they were on camara briefly together.

They have been building up the 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen thing below the surface for the better part of a year. Not overtyly, but it's been in the subtext. Wrestlemania I think is where the pieces start to come together.
    The moment at Takeover Brooklyn made sense. Three of those women were faces and Sasha new found respect for Bayley made her turn faces. For Becky, Charlotte and Sasha it was there last night on NXT. It was genuinely special. If this is their plan for mania it will reek of bullshit honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The moment at Takeover Brooklyn made sense. Three of those women were faces and Sasha new found respect for Bayley made her turn faces. For Becky, Charlotte and Sasha it was there last night on NXT. It was genuinely special. If this is their plan for mania it will reek of bullshit honestly.
    I don't deny that Taker Over wasn't genuinely special. It was. However, I'd equally argue that Wrestlemana will be genuinely special for them too. Probably even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    In the case of Charlotte Flair, I don't think the nepotism arguement really holds water. She's good enough to be in the position she's in.

But certainly it's fair to argue WWE basically made Asuka an afterthought. They are prioritizing the 4 horsewomen as part of the build up for the Wrestlemania main event, and I do think that is basically putting the rest of the womans division in their shadow.

They could have put Asuka in a mid-card feud with a mid-card opponent... and I think that was the original plan. Probably Mandy and Sonya, based on how the storylines were going. But at the very last minute they seemed to scrap it for whatever reason. I can't say I'll miss the match as it honestly would have been just filler... but certainly I feel bad for Asuka.
    Reportedly the issue is promo ability which I can believe.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68