Page 439 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539939 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Women's tag and the battle royales are confirmed for the pre-show. I'm hoping for the cruisers make it to the main card this year. Raw tag title match can be pre-show especially if it's Ryder and Hawkins challenging.
    To be honest, if the Cruiser Weight match has freaking Tony Neese I'm okay with that being on the pre-show too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    To be honest, if the Cruiser Weight match has freaking Tony Neese I'm okay with that being on the pre-show too.
    Murphy can get a good match out of him. Good enough for it to be a good show opener.

Astonishing Member

I understand the desire to put everybody on the Wrestlemania card but it's becoming rather ridiculous on their placement.

The Hardy Boyz vs. The Usos had potential to be outstanding and the best of the tag team division going head-to-head.

It would have been a shame to relegate Nakamura, Rusev, The Bar, Black, and Richochet to the Andre Battle Royal but I don't see them winning the Smackdown Tag Team Championships anyways.

Astonishing Member

Women's tag and the battle royales are confirmed for the pre-show. I'm hoping for the cruisers make it to the main card this year. Raw tag title match can be pre-show especially if it's Ryder and Hawkins challenging.
    Where did you read the Women's Tag Team Championships being on the pre-show?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    AEW is setting an expectation, and a significant focus, on their tag team division. If certain WWE tag teams believe they would be better utilized in AEW, it hardly matters where AEW tag teams would place in a company that is known for not utilizing their tag teams properly.
    I'd bet that the "significant focus" would be the Bucks being champions for a vast majority of the time. And I've heard that line of garbage spewed out before by other promotions when they claimed they would focus on divisions that the WWE had neglected, so sorry if I don't buy it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I'd bet that the "significant focus" would be the Bucks being champions for a vast majority of the time. And I've heard that line of garbage spewed out before by other promotions when they claimed they would focus on divisions that the WWE had neglected, so sorry if I don't buy it.
    No apology necessary. I understand the concerns. At this point, the only thing we can do is sit back and see how it all unfolds. Until then, there's not much else to do but hope for the best.

Where did you read the Women's Tag Team Championships being on the pre-show?
    I didn't read anything. It was advertised for the pre-show on Raw for weeks now.

Ultimate Member

"Women's Revolution" everyone, ugh.

Also the problem is that with the way that WWE pays people, you get paid more for being on the Mania card. So that's probably why they try and shove so many people in there, or at least part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Also the problem is that with the way that WWE pays people, you get paid more for being on the Mania card. So that's probably why they try and shove so many people in there, or at least part of it.
    The guys on the pre-show don't get a cut of the home video sales and streaming. It was a big reason why Austin Aries left.

Astonishing Member

If the current direction leads to the expected outcome, jobbers shouldn't be champions. The Raw Tag Team Division is already a joke. No reason to put the final nail in the coffin when you book a jobber who's been on a 200+ losing streak winning the championships.
    Meh. They had B team as Champions. Heath Slater and Rhyno, etc.

it's not common, but people do go from jobber to Champion almost overnight. (I'm looking at you JBL and Jinder Mahal)

Ultimate Member

The guys on the pre-show don't get a cut of the home video sales and streaming. It was a big reason why Austin Aries left.
    Oh I know, Neville complained about it as well. But as I understand they still get a Mania paycheck, it's just that they might not get royalties from the DVD/streaming sales (which is BS on WWE's part I agree).

Also WWE cares so much about the women that only three of them get any kind of real focus at Mania, sure WWE sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Meh. They had B team as Champions. Heath Slater and Rhyno, etc.

it's not common, but people do go from jobber to Champion almost overnight. (I'm looking at you JBL and Jinder Mahal)
    Heath Slater and Rhyno won a tournament to become Smackdown Tag Team Champions and B-Team also had a string of victories leading up to their win.

Curt Hawkins gimmick is that he's been on a 200+ losing streak. I'm not sure how you can get any worse than that.

JBL actually came out on top of that. While it wasn't really memorable and seemed mostly political, Mahal's reign got a lot of the Indian demographic excited. Local and overseas.

Astonishing Member

I didn't read anything. It was advertised for the pre-show on Raw for weeks now.
    They've advertised it as such? That's quite disappointing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

While I do believe Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte should be the main event, it seems forced and undermining the division as a whole by putting all other women's matches on the pre-show.

One match to portray how far women have come in WWE but then a month or two later you'll have an event in Saudi Arabia where the male talent will more than likely make a lot of money, arguably close or maybe even higher than Wrestlemania pay, and can build the card however Vince sees fit.

Has there been any news about the women's division being paid for that or was that only a rumor?

Heath Slater and Rhyno won a tournament to become Smackdown Tag Team Champions and B-Team also had a string of victories leading up to their win.

Curt Hawkins gimmick is that he's been on a 200+ losing streak. I'm not sure how you can get any worse than that.

JBL actually came out on top of that. While it wasn't really memorable and seemed mostly political, Mahal's reign got a lot of the Indian demographic excited. Local and overseas.
    Jinder Mahal didn't get anyone excited. His reign was an experiment to increase the company appeal in the Indian market. When their Indian tour rolled around they were forced to cancel on of the dates as it didn't sell enough tickets and Jinder ended up losing to HHH at the main-event which the Indian crowd cheered for. His reign didn't have the intended effect. It's why he's back to jobbing instead of staying a main-eventer.