Page 448 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548948 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No Kairi needs to dethrone Shayna. It'd make up for how weak and short they booked her first reign (seriously they sacrificed all of her momentum on the alter of Shayna), so she needs "redemption," it'd pay off the long story between her and Shayna, and the best babyface should vanquish the top heel.

And again I'm on the verge of giving up on the Women's Division now, it's become that dull and boring.
    Kairi doesn't really need redemption. She already beat Shayna before. Been there, done that. Her and Io can easily become the top Women's tag team by beating Sasha and Bayley and that would keep them on NXT while having them go on the main rosters as well. Then, if they need talent for the NXT Women's Chanpionship, have Kairi and Io go head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No Kairi needs to dethrone Shayna. It'd make up for how weak and short they booked her first reign (seriously they sacrificed all of her momentum on the alter of Shayna), so she needs "redemption," it'd pay off the long story between her and Shayna, and the best babyface should vanquish the top heel.

And again I'm on the verge of giving up on the Women's Division now, it's become that dull and boring.
    Eh... I like Kairi, but she and Shayna have already wrestled a bunch of times. I think it's time to move on.

Honestly I'd sooner have Io win the belt (even though I like Kairi better). It would at least be something different. But not in a 4 way. In NXT 4 ways are usualy just filler.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

tranquilo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Kairi doesn't really need redemption. She already beat Shayna before. Been there, done that. Her and Io can easily become the top Women's tag team by beating Sasha and Bayley and that would keep them on NXT while having them go on the main rosters as well. Then, if they need talent for the NXT Women's Chanpionship, have Kairi and Io go head to head.
    She had the shortest title reign in NXT women's history, got to do nothing with the belt, and was fed to Shayna at Evolution, and then on the next Takeover. Yes, she does need redemption, after how pathetic they made her look last time. Until Kairi beats Shayna decisively, it feels anti-climatic when Shayan beat her twice in a row in title matches. You don't treat your top babyface like that.

And I'm not interested in her and Io being stuck in the meaningless Tag division honestly, it's a demotion. They're too good to get stuck with that.

And dear lord do I NOT want to see them on the MR, not after seeing how Vince and co have treated Asuka and Nakamura, it'd be a disaster.

I think Shayna winning was the lesser of two evils. Yes, it means the most boring in-ring performer with the least charisma across WWE's entire women's division is still NXT champion.

But at least it (hopefully) delays her call up to the main roster, where you can guarantee she'll get much better treatment than any of the recent NXT call-ups and probably be shoved straight into the title picture there too.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It was the perfect time for Shanya to drop the belt. I would call her up and went Lacey Evans back to NXT.

so supposedly in an interview for mania, Angle let it slip that Cena has a match at Mania. Does he end up in the Angle match for Mania, or does he replace Rey, if he can't go, against Joe? Coming out in the John Cena rapper persona against Angle would be a cool sendoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It was the perfect time for Shanya to drop the belt. I would call her up and went Lacey Evans back to NXT.
    Honestly I was half expecting her to drop the belt so she and the other MMA Horsewomen could go up to the main roster now that Ronda is a heel.

But it's probably better to wait. I don't think the MMA horsewomen are ready for the main roster yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so supposedly in an interview for mania, Angle let it slip that Cena has a match at Mania. Does he end up in the Angle match for Mania, or does he replace Rey, if he can't go, against Joe? Coming out in the John Cena rapper persona against Angle would be a cool sendoff?
    A US Open Challenge with Joe vs Cena would be cool.

Still feel a little bad that Angle doesn't get the opponent he wants though.... unless WWE pulls some sort of swerve here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I think Shayna winning was the lesser of two evils. Yes, it means the most boring in-ring performer with the least charisma across WWE's entire women's division is still NXT champion.

But at least it (hopefully) delays her call up to the main roster, where you can guarantee she'll get much better treatment than any of the recent NXT call-ups and probably be shoved straight into the title picture there too.
    I think Shaya has the same sort of Charisma that Brock Lesnar has. They aren't wizards on the mic or anything, but they have this beastly aura which really sells them as a threat. They come off as believable because they are believable. I think she makes for a good monster heel that you can just throw faces at.

Now that they've used Ronda, Shayna could be next years WM for Becky or Charlotte.

Astonishing Member

ealier I watched
    osaka jo hall 7 5 15 part 1
    match 1 rocky romero and trent berretta vs reDRagon vs the young bucks for the igpg jr tag titles
    match 2 taven and bennett accompanied by maria challenge defend the iwgp tag titles anderson and gallows accompanied by amber gallows
    match 3 toru yano vs hiroshi tanahashi
    part 2
    match 1 yujiro takahashi and bad luck fale vs tomomaki honma and tetsuya naito
    match 2 tomohiro ishii challenges togi makabe for the NEVER openweight title
    match 3 kazushi sakurba vs katsuyori shibata
    part 3
    match 1 KUSHIDA (winner of the 2015 super juniors tournament) vs kenny omega (defending the iwgp jr heavyweight title)
    match 2 can shinsuke nakamura win the iwgp intercontinental title from hirooki goto

13 of my favorite hours of wrestling (10 of those being NJPW on AXS TV)
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-06-2019 at 07:07 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I was half expecting her to drop the belt so she and the other MMA Horsewomen could go up to the main roster now that Ronda is a heel.

But it's probably better to wait. I don't think the MMA horsewomen are ready for the main roster yet.
    The MMA horsewomen are a bunch of geeks. They are completely ready for the main roster. More so than anyone on NXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The MMA horsewomen are a bunch of geeks. They are completely ready for the main roster. More so than anyone on NXT.
    I'd say Shayna might ready for the main roster.

But the other 2 IMO seem kinda boring. But maybe that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Shaya has the same sort of Charisma that Brock Lesnar has. They aren't wizards on the mic or anything, but they have this beastly aura which really sells them as a threat. They come off as believable because they are believable. I think she makes for a good monster heel that you can just throw faces at.
    Shayna's entire threat is born out of how she's been booked. Because she's been the first female heel in WWE in a very long time that's actually been booked as a heel. Aside from the occasional 'crazy' gimmick, WWE's near constant go-to for heels in the women's division has been the arrogant/"I'm underappreciated" trope repeated over and over and over and over again.

But Shayna didn't get that. No, Shayna got to be the sort of heel normally only reserved for the guys, she got to be the genuinely brutal heel, the action-speaks-louder-than-words heel. But that's all that there is. She's all booking and no Shayna. As a result, there's nothing entertaining about her. Nothing exciting about her. To all intents and purposes, Shayna is a plot device in the women's division. There's nothing to her as a character, so she's simply an obstruction to whoever is chasing the title.

Which is why the NXT women's division has felt so flat over the last year. Her feuds can barely even be considered feuds. There's no back and forth, no character dynamic, nothing. At a time when the men's title scene has played out like a prestige drama series (probably airing on HBO), the women's title has faded so far away into the background as to be almost irrelevant. And for that to happen on the WWE show that arguably launched the "revolution", that's hugely disappointing.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 04-06-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"