Page 449 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549949 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 19298
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

QND Takeover thoughts:

- First three matches were fantastic.

- Great send-off for Black and Riccochet. Hope Riccochet's injury isn't bad.

- Velveteen Dream is a goddamn STAR.

- Riddle was fantastic leaning into the heel role more and more as the match progressed and his chill demeanor wore away by how resilient Dream was.

- WALTER was as good as goddamn advertised.

- Dunne was not far behind by any means. Probably his second-best WWE match next to the Bate title win from Takeover: Chicago.

- The women got almost 16 minutes, but the match still felt kinda under-cooked aside from the Sky Pirates working together to breaking up each other's pin attempts.

- Shayna probably should've lost here, but then again, this probably should've been Io getting a 1-on-1 chance against her.

- Shayna's prediction about the other girls getting preoccupied with each other while she swooped in for the kill coming true was a nice touch, but she probably should've been in the match a bit more.

- Kinda had to force myself to make it through the main. 38+ minutes of Adam Cole is just... ugh.

- All of these big time Gargano matches have started bleeding together ever since the second Ciampa match.

- I don't want to hear anybody talk about Cena or Roman being Superman after a lot of that bullshit from the third fall.

- All that being said, happy that Johnny got his moment in the sun.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd say Shayna might ready for the main roster.

But the other 2 IMO seem kinda boring. But maybe that's just me.
    The 2 other only serve to be Shanya's goons. It's what makes them geeks. They are laughably ineffective when on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Shayna's entire threat is born out of how she's been booked. Because she's been the first female heel in WWE in a very long time that's actually been booked as a heel. Aside from the occasional 'crazy' gimmick, WWE's near constant go-to for heels in the women's division has been the arrogant/"I'm underappreciated" trope repeated over and over and over and over again.

But Shayna didn't get that. No, Shayna got to be the sort of heel normally only reserved for the guys, she got to be the genuinely brutal heel, the action-speaks-louder-than-words heel. But that's all that there is. She's all booking and no Shayna. As a result, there's nothing entertaining about her. Nothing exciting about her. To all intents and purposes, Shayna is a plot device in the women's division. There's nothing to her as a character, so she's simply an obstruction to whoever is chasing the title.

Which is why the NXT women's division has felt so flat over the last year. Her feuds can barely even be considered feuds. There's no back and forth, no character dynamic, nothing. At a time when the men's title scene has played out like a prestige drama series (probably airing on HBO), the women's title has faded so far away into the background as to be almost irrelevant. And for that to happen on the WWE show that arguably launched the "revolution", that's hugely disappointing.
    Obviously how she is booked is very imprortant to the overall package, but Shayna justifies being booked that way.

She's legitimately credible, and he looks it. She looks like a beast compared to 99% of the women she competes against. You literally looks like she could tear any woman in the lockerroom limb from limb if she really tried. Like Brock, there's that presence there even without needing to be super effective on the mic.

As far as her feuds having no back and forth... Kairi and Shayna did just that. They traded wins and they traded the title.

But I would certainly agree womens wrestled in NXT has faded. Honesty I don't attribute that to Shayna though. I think Asukas reign basially buried the division to the point where her departing essentially meant you had nothing but scraps. Kairi and Shayna were built up reasonably well afterwards, but because they mostly wrestled each other that was about it.

She looks like a beast compared to 99% of the women she competes against.
    Does she though? Physically, she doesn't come across as being significantly bigger or more athletic than most of the women on the current roster. And surely being 'a beast' means more than slicking your hair back, wearing a mouth-guard and not smiling much. Shayna's intimidating only because she's been booked in a way that promotes that thinking. Give the same booking to almost anyone else on the roster and I'm convinced it still would have worked. Probably more so, as we could have had a heel with an actual personality alongside the brutality. Again, you've only got to look at Ciampa to see how much better that is.

You are right to compare Shayna with Brock, though. But again, that just highlights what's missing. Because Brock has Heyman to make up for what he's lacking.

As far as her feuds having no back and forth... Kairi and Shayna did just that. They traded wins and they traded the title.
    I didn't mean in terms of 50/50 booking. I meant an actual back and forth interaction between the two wrestlers within the context of the feud. The best feuds are built on a relationship and/or a connection between the babyface and the heel. For me, that's something which has been absent from all of Shayna's feuds.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Does she though? Physically, she doesn't come across as being significantly bigger or more athletic than most of the women on the current roster. And surely being 'a beast' means more than slicking your hair back, wearing a mouth-guard and not smiling much. Shayna's intimidating only because she's been booked in a way that promotes that thinking. Give the same booking to almost anyone else on the roster and I'm convinced it still would have worked. Probably more so, as we could have had a heel with an actual personality alongside the brutality. Again, you've only got to look at Ciampa to see how much better that is.

You are right to compare Shayna with Brock, though. But again, that just highlights what's missing. Because Brock has Heyman to make up for what he's lacking.

I didn't mean in terms of 50/50 booking. I meant an actual back and forth interaction between the two wrestlers within the context of the feud. The best feuds are built on a relationship and/or a connection between the babyface and the heel. For me, that's something which has been absent from all of Shayna's feuds.
    Thus far Bianca is the only female she's wrestled that has been her size. She's half a foot taller than Kairi, Io, and Candace (last couple women she feuded with apart from Bianca) and probably has a good 20-30 pounds on them. And she's probably one of the stronger women on ANY brand. Combine that with being one of the more credible strikers and submission wrestlers, and I think you have a women you can sell very very easily as one of the most dangerous in the lockerroom. Because she probaby is. Its not just about slicking your hair back and wearing a mouth guard... its about legitimately being what you're trying to sell yourself as. A bad @$$. And people know it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

fate is fucked up today.

torrie wilson's father, al wilson, passed away today.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I arrived at SuperCard during the pre-show battle royale. The crowd popped huge for Liger.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    fate is fucked up today.

torrie wilson's father, al wilson, passed away today.
    Timing for that is just so horrible... not that there's any good day to lose a loved one I suppose.

For what it's worth, I thought the Al angle back in the day was gold. I was actually surprised they used Torrie's real father rather than an actor.

Intermediary

Rumble match was fine

im sure Kenny King was jazzed to get misted by THE GREAT MUTA!!!!!!

Im back online and about to watch takeover.

Enzo and Cass appeared out of nowhere at the Garden and later being jumped by Bully Ray and Briscoes
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Extraordinary Member

So I hear Bret Hart got attacked at the HoF ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's sort of sad that their moment got ruined.

Poor Bret got screwed again.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yeah, by a drunk fan I think. Dude got his shit rocked by Wilder and Rousey's husband.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Just saw Dunne vs Walter..

God Damn!

That was brutal