Page 49 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359991495491049 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I like how Elias is actually a talented guitarist. I'd love to see him jam with Jericho.
    It's always lame when they put a musical gimmick on a non musician, like Double J or Van Hammer. Elias having actual talent definitely helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Last rumor on the women's tag was that it would float.

I wouldn't mind seeing the men's tag float, too.
    Having all the world titles float potentially makes sense, if they can juggle the belts according between brands. It's tougher to book, but it effectively doubled the size of all the divisions.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Awesome video by Jim Sterling where he argues that Kevin Owens is the biggest babyface in WWE

I 100% agree.

Astonishing Member

I actually was thinking the same thing. He's basically a plotting/strategic face. What's wrong with him wanting to plot and take down Braun Strowman? It's strategy. He actually hasn't been doing anything that underhanded. He also is willing to face him in a fair fight, etc. He really hasn't been doing a lot of cheating to win or anything that the top heels do.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I actually was thinking the same thing. He's basically a plotting/strategic face. What's wrong with him wanting to plot and take down Braun Strowman? It's strategy. He actually hasn't been doing anything that underhanded. He also is willing to face him in a fair fight, etc. He really hasn't been doing a lot of cheating to win or anything that the top heels do.
    Against Braun at least he was arguably the face. Braun sort of picked on KO for no real reason at all. I suppose that's part of the reason it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Against Braun at least he was arguably the face. Braun sort of picked on KO for no real reason at all. I suppose that's part of the reason it was funny.
    KO was also the face in the Shane feud. You can't honestly say that Shane didn't screw over KO in his US title feud with Styles. He reacted how any normal person would under the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    KO was also the face in the Shane feud. You can't honestly say that Shane didn't screw over KO in his US title feud with Styles. He reacted how any normal person would under the circumstances
    I think calling Owens a face in that feud would be overly charitable. There were some controversial calls during the AJ/KO feud but Shane gave KO rematch after rematch after rematch. KO insulted Shanes family, which incited a fight. And after Shane was suspected, he beat up Shanes dad.

Not that Shane is completely innocent here, but KO was clearly no face in this.

Astonishing Member

It is all dependent on perspective I guess, my favorites have always been heels to me it was the Horsemen that were being tormented by the evil heel Dusty Rhodes since after all he was the producer of the show every Saturday afternoon. This was way before I knew what a booker was and still was living that Kayfabe innocent life, lol. I sided with Randy against Hogan, but was with Ric when he screwed Randy over. Four Horsemen forever and loved heel Rock but dislike him as a face wrestler. So KO can be a hero in the world where you know he isn't Vince's type of guy so his success is a victory over the ultimate heel just like Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe's successes are.

Astonishing Member

That's why I will excuse the actions of heels that I like but some wrestler's can't do anything to win me over, EVER like Hulk Hogan or it would take a hell of a heel turn to get my interest like Cena.

I think calling Owens a face in that feud would be overly charitable. There were some controversial calls during the AJ/KO feud but Shane gave KO rematch after rematch after rematch. KO insulted Shanes family, which incited a fight. And after Shane was suspected, he beat up Shanes dad.

Not that Shane is completely innocent here, but KO was clearly no face in this.
    KO was a face the entire time. Shane is KO's employer. You don't assault your own employee for any reason. When Vince showed up, he told Owens he didn't care about his lawsuit because he'll lawyer up and destory him. Essentially doing to him what WWE did to CM Punk. I'm suppose to cheer on Vince for wanting to financially ruin Owens for wanting to seek justice for being assaulted by employer who happened to be Vince's son?

KO was a face the entire time. Shane is KO's employer. You don't assault your own employee for any reason. When Vince showed up, he told Owens he didn't care about his lawsuit because he'll lawyer up and destory him. Essentially doing to him what WWE did to CM Punk. I'm suppose to cheer on Vince for wanting to financially ruin Owens for wanting to seek justice for being assaulted by employer who happened to be Vince's son?
    I certainly don't think you should assault your employee for any reason... but you can equally argue you shouldn't assault your employer for any reason either.

You can cheer for anyone you want (and plenty did cheer for Shane), but the point being KO wasn't the face the entire time. Again, Shane isn't completely innocent either... but KO very much acted like the heel throughout the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    It is all dependent on perspective I guess, my favorites have always been heels to me it was the Horsemen that were being tormented by the evil heel Dusty Rhodes since after all he was the producer of the show every Saturday afternoon. This was way before I knew what a booker was and still was living that Kayfabe innocent life, lol. I sided with Randy against Hogan, but was with Ric when he screwed Randy over. Four Horsemen forever and loved heel Rock but dislike him as a face wrestler. So KO can be a hero in the world where you know he isn't Vince's type of guy so his success is a victory over the ultimate heel just like Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe's successes are.
    In wrestling I don't think who you like is necessarily going to be dependent on whether or not one side is acting wrongly or not, because in this day and age the faces often act just as bad as the heels. Taker has literally tried murdering people on multiple occasions in his career, but he's arguably the most respected and beloved WWE legend of all time.

I certainly don't think you should assault your employee for any reason... but you can equally argue you shouldn't assault your employer for any reason either.

You can cheer for anyone you want (and plenty did cheer for Shane), but the point being KO wasn't the face the entire time. Again, Shane isn't completely innocent either... but KO very much acted like the heel throughout the storyline.
    KO assaulted Vince when he gave him the okay to do so. It's not his fault Vince didn't carefully listen to his words.

I don't think KO was acting like a heel since he was reacting to Shane trying to screw him and later Sami at every turn. He didn't react any differently than a face would if a he was getting screwed by a heel authority figure.

KO assaulted Vince when he gave him the okay to do so. It's not his fault Vince didn't carefully listen to his words.

I don't think KO was acting like a heel since he was reacting to Shane trying to screw him and later Sami at every turn. He didn't react any differently than a face would if a he was getting screwed by a heel authority figure.
    Vince said he wouldn't fire KO for assaulting any McMahons... that's not the same thing as giving him the okay to assault him. Or at least in the storyline... obviously we know Vince did in fact okay the attack as this is all fiction.

Again, KO got some bad calls they weren't Shanes fault initially at least, and Shane kept on giving KO rematch after rematch despite that. And a face wouldn't whine and complain about it as much, or insult Shanes kids over it (unless his kids were a part of the product). KO was clearly acting in a heel like manner. He's a heel, he knows what he's doing.

Vince said he wouldn't fire KO for assaulting any McMahons... that's not the same thing as giving him the okay to assault him. Or at least in the storyline... obviously we know Vince did in fact okay the attack as this is all fiction.

Again, KO got some bad calls they weren't Shanes fault initially at least, and Shane kept on giving KO rematch after rematch despite that. And a face wouldn't whine and complain about it as much, or insult Shanes kids over it (unless his kids were a part of the product). KO was clearly acting in a heel like manner. He's a heel, he knows what he's doing.
    He kept giving KO rematches because he had a legitimate grievance. It wasn't until Shane involved himself things would have been better.