Page 490 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i really gotta find this match. my friends have been raving about it for days.

meanwhile......

looks like there is a bit of truth to those rumors.
    So the Man might really be dating the Man. I guess we can call them the Men.

Astonishing Member

im team kanellis
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... in Bayleys case I don't think the size difference matters much. Yeah, she's taller and weights more than Alexa but I'm not actually sure that translates to Bayley necessarily being stronger or more athletic. If we're talking about someone like say Charlotte then yeah I would have a much harder time buying Alexa physically dominating here because Charlotte appears to be a physical specimen. But Bayley, not so much. Or at least not moreso than Alexa.
    Bayley is much taller than Alexa. And bigger.

Being taller and weighing more than someone is very significant. Even if wrestling is a work, it's supposed to be simulating real life fighting and Alexa doesn't look convincing at all.

Someone of her size needs to work a certain style that Alexa just isn't, thus making her squash of Bayley look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Bayley is much taller than Alexa. And bigger.

Being taller and weighing more than someone is very significant. Even if wrestling is a work, it's supposed to be simulating real life fighting and Alexa doesn't look convincing at all.

Someone of her size needs to work a certain style that Alexa just isn't, thus making her squash of Bayley look silly.
    I'll simply say again that Alexa has a background in gymastics, kickboxing, and competetive body building. Bayley as far as I know was captain of her high school basketball team. Even factoring in the height and weight difference, I think it's very believable that Alexa is as strong or even stronger than Bayley. If we were talking about a Charlotte or a Sarah Logan, I'd take the size difference more into account. They look like physical specimens. Bayley not so much.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'll simply say again that Alexa has a background in gymastics, kickboxing, and competetive body building. Bayley as far as I know was captain of her high school basketball team. Even factoring in the height and weight difference, I think it's very believable that Alexa is as strong or even stronger than Bayley. If we were talking about a Charlotte or a Sarah Logan, I'd take the size difference more into account. They look like physical specimens. Bayley not so much.
    She isn't using any of that background in her wrestling. Bring that up is moot. Baron Corbin is a golden glove champ and he doesn't have a strike based style.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She isn't using any of that background in her wrestling. Bring that up is moot. Baron Corbin is a golden glove champ and he doesn't have a strike based style.
    You can see some of her gymnastic background in her wrestling. But beyond that, I'm just saying I think Alexa might be the stronger more athletic of the two. And seeing her not stuggle against Bayley despite being shorter and weighing less is us seeing it in their wrestling.

And height and weight don't necessarily equate to greater strength, even in wrestling. JBL was taller and weighted more than Ron Simmons, but I'll bet money Ron was stronger.

Ultimate Member

The issues is that that NEVER comes across on TV. There's a reason why so many people, even people who like Alexa overall, mock how the "tiny cheerleader" is booked to be so physically dominant. It just looks ridiculous, and not in a good way, on-camera and it makes all of the other women who face her look pathetic.

Say what you will about Charlotte's super-booking, I sure as heck have, but she at least LOOKS physically imposing and has obvious natural athleticism. So Charlotte CAN make her opponents look good at times even if she beats them in the end, Alexa has NEVER been able to do that (not entirely her fault mind you, more of a combination of her style and how WWE books her matches).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The issues is that that NEVER comes across on TV. There's a reason why so many people, even people who like Alexa overall, mock how the "tiny cheerleader" is booked to be so physically dominant. It just looks ridiculous, and not in a good way, on-camera and it makes all of the other women who face her look pathetic.

Say what you will about Charlotte's super-booking, I sure as heck have, but she at least LOOKS physically imposing and has obvious natural athleticism. So Charlotte CAN make her opponents look good at times even if she beats them in the end, Alexa has NEVER been able to do that (not entirely her fault mind you, more of a combination of her style and how WWE books her matches).
    Alexa wasn't physically dominant against opponents significantly bigger than her who are supposed to be big men of the womens division. She was tossed around like a rag doll by Nia and Ronda. Charlotte for the most part physically had her way with Alexa too. She wrestlers like a smaller wrestler against the power wrestlers. But Bayley doesn't really fall into that category. Again, she's a bit bigger and taller but I don't think that necessarily equates to her actually being stronger or more athletic.

Astonishing Member

Nia Jax is reportedly injured and will need both ACLs repaired. Will be out of action for about 9 months. I imagine Tamina won't be used often within that time period either.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Nia Jax is reportedly injured and will need both ACLs repaired. Will be out of action for about 9 months. I imagine Tamina won't be used often within that time period either.
    so nia, big e, aj and DB are all out.

damn. mania weekend was not good for a lot of people.

Ultimate Member

Rhea Ripley and Ciampa are also out.

Ultimate Member

None of that factors into Alexa’s style so that’s pretty much a moot point. And the weightlifting thing is pretty meaningless too because Alexa isn’t a power wrestler.

Alexa is much smaller than Bayley (Bayley weighs at least 10kg more and has at least 5 inches of height on her) so there’s little sense in booking a girl that small squashing a much bigger opponent without limb targeting or some such.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-12-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so nia, big e, aj and DB are all out.

damn. mania weekend was not good for a lot of people.
    I hope Big E’s injury isn’t related to that ridiculous split he’s been doing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You can see some of her gymnastic background in her wrestling. But beyond that, I'm just saying I think Alexa might be the stronger more athletic of the two. And seeing her not stuggle against Bayley despite being shorter and weighing less is us seeing it in their wrestling.

And height and weight don't necessarily equate to greater strength, even in wrestling. JBL was taller and weighted more than Ron Simmons, but I'll bet money Ron was stronger.
    I certainly don't see it. The only wrinkle of athleticism I see out of Alexa is when she does her moonsault.

Charlotte is also has a gymnastics background and its profound in her wrestling. Be it her entrance or making use of her flexibility to give her submissions more leverage and extra torque.

Ultimate Member

Yeah most of Alexa's moves make little use of a gymnast" background. I mean the Twisted Bliss/Sparkle Plunge that she used in NXT kind of did, but they don't even have her use that much anymore on the MR.