Page 491 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591991 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I certainly don't see it. The only wrinkle of athleticism I see out of Alexa is when she does her moonsault.

Charlotte is also has a gymnastics background and its profound in her wrestling. Be it her entrance or making use of her flexibility to give her submissions more leverage and extra torque.
    That's the thing, Alexa's skills outside haven't factored into her style at all (outside of the Twisted Bliss).

She's a "little wrestler" (she's even shorter than the average woman) and she should employ a different style. Asuka is quite small too but her style employs quick strikes and lots of submissions, so it makes for a better "story" on screen.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I hope Big E’s injury isn’t related to that ridiculous split he’s been doing.
    According to him, it was a crossbody.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

That's the thing, Alexa's skills outside haven't factored into her style at all (outside of the Twisted Bliss).

She's a "little wrestler" (she's even shorter than the average woman) and she should employ a different style. Asuka is quite small too but her style employs quick strikes and lots of submissions, so it makes for a better "story" on screen.
    And when she wrestlers against a Nia or a Ronda, she wrestles like a little wrestler. But Bayley isn't Nia or Ronda. Again, I'm okay with Alexa seemingly being potrayed as strong (or possibly even slightly stronger) than Bayley, because honestly she probably is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And when she wrestlers against a Nia or a Ronda, she wrestles like a little wrestler. But Bayley isn't Nia or Ronda. Again, I'm okay with Alexa seemingly being potrayed as strong (or possibly even slightly stronger) than Bayley, because honestly she probably is.
    That's not how wrestling works. Perception is reality. No one Alexa size should be squashing someone as big as Bayley the way she did.

Ultimate Member

It doesn't work like that. Again, the weightlifting thing is totally irrelevant because they didn't compete in the same competition. Besides, fighting isn't just about strength and has never been really. Real fighting is separated by size not by how much you can lift.

Wrestling needs to look reasonable and believable (at least to some extent).You can't have a Rey Mysterio squash a Seth Rollins because he's "won a weightlifting competition" when he's clearly smaller than him.

It looks ridiculous. I'm not saying Alexa can't beat Bayley but since there's a clear size difference between the two, it has to factor into their matches.

That's not how wrestling works. Perception is reality. No one Alexa size should be squashing someone as big as Bayley the way she did.
    Like I said, jbl is taller and heavier than Ron, but Ron is probably stronger. Evrn in wrestling height and weight don't necessarily equate to greater strength.

It doesn't work like that. Again, the weightlifting thing is totally irrelevant because they didn't compete in the same competition. Besides, fighting isn't just about strength and has never been really. Real fighting is separated by size not by how much you can lift.

Wrestling needs to look reasonable and believable (at least to some extent).You can't have a Rey Mysterio squash a Seth Rollins because he's "won a weightlifting competition" when he's clearly smaller than him.

It looks ridiculous. I'm not saying Alexa can't beat Bayley but since there's a clear size difference between the two, it has to factor into their matches.
    And in real fighting the competitive body builder with the kick boxing gymnastic background will probably beat the captain of the high school basketball team.

And there are plenty of times in wrestling a smaller wrestler squashed a bigger opponent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Like I said, jbl is taller and heavier than Ron, but Ron is probably stronger. Evrn in wrestling height and weight don't necessarily equate to greater strength.
    Joey Styles punched out JBL in IRL. Would you buy him squashing JBL if they wrestled a match?

Ultimate Member

And in real fighting the competitive body builder with the kick boxing gymnastic background will probably beat the captain of the high school basketball team.

And there are plenty of times in wrestling a smaller wrestler squashed a bigger opponent.
    Huh?

You're comparing a kick boxer to a basket baller. Both Alexa and Bayley are pro wrestlers.

And there aren't many examples of small wrestlers squashing much larger ones clean. And even that doesn't excuse it.

Ultimate Member

Joey Styles punched out JBL in IRL. Would you buy him squashing JBL if they wrestled a match?
    Exactly.

The point isn't the smaller person winning, it's about the smaller one SQUASHING.

Ultimate Member

Perception is reality. You can try and justify it all you want, but the simple fact is that "Alexa makes her opponents look bad when she's booked to dominate them" is a common complaint and has been for a long time, even from many fans of hers.

It's just not a good idea, WWE needs to knock it off already. For how bad her reign was overall, Carmella was at least portrayed more like how Alexa should be as a heel.

Rey Mysterio has beaten lots of bigger dudes in his career, but they don't have him physically dominate said bigger dudes because that'd be absurd.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

like others, i would only buy alexa's background if it translated over into her style of wrestling.

kurt angle is a Olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling, so his style focuses around techincal wrestling: shoots, holds, joint locks and submissions.

mark henry is a olympic class power lifter, so his style revolves around power wrestling.

alexa's background hasn't been translated at all into her in-ring style. in fact, i didn't even know about until someone here brought it up.

Nope. And I wouldn't buy Alexa squashing Bayley either. But if you rewatch the match, it wasn't a squash. Bayley dominated at the start, Alexa got the upperhand, Bayley made the face comeback, but Alexa managed to sneak her finisher in. Bayley LOST... but she got offense in and on occasion almost had Alexa beat. She had a couple close 2 counts. I'd be okay with JBL and Ron having that match.

Huh?

You're comparing a kick boxer to a basket baller. Both Alexa and Bayley are pro wrestlers.

And there aren't many examples of small wrestlers squashing much larger ones clean. And even that doesn't excuse it.
    Sure they are pro-wrestlers... I'm just saying pro-wrestlers who were competetive body builders are probably as strong or stronger than wrestlers who were only high school athletes.

My point being the height and weight advantage Bayley has probably doesn't make her stronger or more athletic.

Ultimate Member

Sure they are pro-wrestlers... I'm just saying pro-wrestlers who were competetive body builders are probably as strong or stronger than wrestlers who were only high school athletes.

My point being the height and weight advantage Bayley has probably doesn't make her stronger or more athletic.
    I’m not saying that either, I’m saying that her being significantly larger should factor into how the match is booked.

If Alexa is going to beat Bayley clean, she has to work hard for it and not just be a squash match. That’s the part we don’t agree with because it looks too unrealistic given Alexa’s size.