Page 5 of 1287 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Bubba Ray specifically caters to hardcore wrestling fans, especially since he has that Busted Open radio show on Sirius. I doubt that, of the 7,300+ that voted in it, a majority were casuals. Hell, I'd be shocked if casuals accounted for more than 1% of that vote.
    We really don't know the figures for the full thing really at this stage to the amount of casuals and the amount of hardcore fans.

That's nice, but I didn't ask for a rundown of what lead up to the ALL IN show since I've already seen and read the stuff myself. Vince has no reason to give ROH/New Japan any visibility, which is what he'd be doing if he went along with this half-baked invasion storyline garbage. Vince makes plenty of money without giving those schmucks the attention they desperately crave.
    The fact he's already gave ROH , Evolve and other companies visibility kinda negates this when he raids talent. He signed Balor , Styles , Gallows and Anderson due to the Japan work and literally promoted them as The Club as a way to get that same heat from Japan they had a couple years ago. Here these "schmucks" are clearly more over than half the roster they currently have and sell tickets. Which makes more sense to get that. Even if you don't like them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Ruby's back! Ember might have to provide some assistance next week.
    battle of who has the better hair

JD seriously interviews house of glory wrestlers
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...GRkFLc1eIgTe5f

Last edited by steve2275; 08-07-2018 at 12:06 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In more Wrestling news...

- Dean Ambrose is due back later this month as he's healed up from a triceps injury he suffered last winter.

In how bad has the WWE gotten in recent years , Bubba Ray posted a twitter poll asking which event fans were more excited for this year. The 2 events were WWE Summerslam and the ALL IN event . The ALL IN event won the poll by 76% to 24%.
    Honestly, I don't care about ALL IN but that Summerslam is darn boring.

The only match i can honestly say I look forward to is AJ and Joe. The whole Reigns vs Lesnar thing has been made a little more interesting but how many damn times are we going to see Lesnar vs Reigns???

Why exactly does WWE feel that it HAS TO BE, MUST BE, CAN ONLY BE, Reigns vs Lesnar for what..the fourth time? This is just terrible booking.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

We really don't know the figures for the full thing really at this stage to the amount of casuals and the amount of hardcore fans.
    He caters to hardcore fans, so just by the simple logistics of that alone, more hardcore fans would vote in his meaningless Twitter poll than casuals. This is not that hard.

The fact he's already gave ROH , Evolve and other companies visibility kinda negates this when he raids talent. He signed Balor , Styles , Gallows and Anderson due to the Japan work and literally promoted them as The Club as a way to get that same heat from Japan they had a couple years ago. Here these "schmucks" are clearly more over than half the roster they currently have and sell tickets. Which makes more sense to get that. Even if you don't like them.
    Signing talent isn't the same as promoting an 'outside' group as still being with ROH/New Japan. This isn't 1996 with WCW slyly trying to get away with Hall and Nash still being WWF guys. Also, there's no way they'd even bring their fanbase in with them since all they've done is portray the WWE as "the enemy" and more than likely would get labeled as "sellouts" given how fanatical most of their fanbase is.

Astonishing Member

a better review for a better show
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    a better review for a better show
    Eh I disagree that Rousey disappointed. But as an all around wrestler right now can't think of too many better than Orton. The question tho is he hungry?Orton has seemed like he's been bored the last 5 years or so..

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    He caters to hardcore fans, so just by the simple logistics of that alone, more hardcore fans would vote in his meaningless Twitter poll than casuals. This is not that hard.
    Again unless we ever see concrete numbers on what hardcore/casual audience is for the show we'll never know.

Signing talent isn't the same as promoting an 'outside' group as still being with ROH/New Japan. This isn't 1996 with WCW slyly trying to get away with Hall and Nash still being WWF guys. Also, there's no way they'd even bring their fanbase in with them since all they've done is portray the WWE as "the enemy" and more than likely would get labeled as "sellouts" given how fanatical most of their fanbase is.
    That to me would be too genius to do and have those fans follow to see their heroes take down the WWE guys . Its what made the NWO angle work really. Those new fans suddenly believed that these cool guys were invading from WWF. Its clicked as that audience really weren't WCW fans and it grew the audience. Here the guys are running a major show with no real company behind it. You keep bringing up ROH and New Japan. Yes they are working for those companies ...but they aren't behind ALL IN. Which is astounding to see where its no company behind it and just guys who got massively over working these companies.

The WWE could use that heat. They could literally use that heat and fanbase. It would mean doing an invasion arc where the WWE isn't coming out on top for months and once they do , they will have a couple major new stars there if done right. But given how terrible WWE has booked invasion angles before...not much faith in it. I mean they had fuckin gold with Nexus and instead pissed it away months later for where John Cena loses a match and becomes a guys slave for a couple weeks comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Again unless we ever see concrete numbers on what hardcore/casual audience is for the show we'll never know.

That to me would be too genius to do and have those fans follow to see their heroes take down the WWE guys . Its what made the NWO angle work really. Those new fans suddenly believed that these cool guys were invading from WWF. Its clicked as that audience really weren't WCW fans and it grew the audience. Here the guys are running a major show with no real company behind it. You keep bringing up ROH and New Japan. Yes they are working for those companies ...but they aren't behind ALL IN. Which is astounding to see where its no company behind it and just guys who got massively over working these companies.

The WWE could use that heat. They could literally use that heat and fanbase. It would mean doing an invasion arc where the WWE isn't coming out on top for months and once they do , they will have a couple major new stars there if done right. But given how terrible WWE has booked invasion angles before...not much faith in it. I mean they had fuckin gold with Nexus and instead pissed it away months later for where John Cena loses a match and becomes a guys slave for a couple weeks comically.
    Would WWE fans actually buy Omega and the Young Bucks invading and dominating the WWE though?

It's 3 small indy guys ... mist WWE fans would likely assume Braun would single handedly beat the crap out of all 3 if them at once.

Nwo was one thing ... that was the biggest most dominant star in the industry along with 2 main event level WWE guys who were as big as anyone in the WCW. Most casual wwe fans won't even recognize the Elite.

They could invade nxt. But the main roster is another matter entirely.

Would WWE fans actually buy Omega and the Young Bucks invading and dominating the WWE though?

It's 3 small indy guys ... mist WWE fans would likely assume Braun would single handedly beat the crap out of all 3 if them at once.

Nwo was one thing ... that was the biggest most dominant star in the industry along with 2 main event level WWE guys who were as big as anyone in the WCW. Most casual wwe fans won't even recognize the Elite.

I would buy into Omega leading an invasion (perhaps with Cody or some other people that aren't the Bucks) if it was to have a super feud with an old-timer mega heel stable ... like Cena/Orton/Jericho.

#SaveWWE
    #OmegaSaves

And the like. As long as it ends with retirement matches.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

This has been brought up before about the NWO. The group starting out had these guys as members.

Kevin Nash - Lowest drawing WWF World Champion in company history. A fact the company literally lost money as he was champion. The company lost money with Shawn Michaels as well the next year too.

Scott Hall - WWF mid-carder who really by 1996 wasn't doing much at all.

Now once the group added Hogan it gave it a shot in the arm as a legit bad ass heel group. Here with Omega , Rhodes and Young Bucks ...they have an outsider group. Omega himself has won titles across the world and Cody as well is a former World Champion. They really can sell that on WWE TV. The Bucks have won tag team titles across the world.

You don't have to book Strowman against them and if ya do , you use NWO type tactics ...they all jump Strowman and use group numbers to do so. Til Vince figures out if he wants Strowman to be the guy to conquer this invading group in the end.

(Hell Vince had the SHIELD guys run a year or two on TV....and they literally ran through guys...same can work here)

This has been brought up before about the NWO. The group starting out had these guys as members.

Kevin Nash - Lowest drawing WWF World Champion in company history. A fact the company literally lost money as he was champion. The company lost money with Shawn Michaels as well the next year too.

Scott Hall - WWF mid-carder who really by 1996 wasn't doing much at all.

Now once the group added Hogan it gave it a shot in the arm as a legit bad ass heel group. Here with Omega , Rhodes and Young Bucks ...they have an outsider group. Omega himself has won titles across the world and Cody as well is a former World Champion. They really can sell that on WWE TV. The Bucks have won tag team titles across the world.

You don't have to book Strowman against them and if ya do , you use NWO type tactics ...they all jump Strowman and use group numbers to do so. Til Vince figures out if he wants Strowman to be the guy to conquer this invading group in the end.

(Hell Vince had the SHIELD guys run a year or two on TV....and they literally ran through guys...same can work here)
    Hall and Nash after the fact said how stupid it was that 2-3 guys were able to dominate an entire roster. It helped WCW short term, but also hurt the brand long term because it cemented the notion that WWE was superior to WCW. Just 3 wwe invaders can dominate 30 WCW guys.

Vince won't book 3 new Japan guys to be better than his entire locke room. Not on the main roster at least. Nxt is a possibility.

And yes ... if the Elite triple team Braun there's a 50/50 shot they can beat him down. Problem being the Elite don't have the numbers here. If the wwe locke room empties they won't be beating them off the way Nwo did wcw.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hall and Nash after the fact said how stupid it was that 2-3 guys were able to dominate an entire roster. It helped WCW short term, but also hurt the brand long term because it cemented the notion that WWE was superior to WCW. Just 3 wwe invaders can dominate 30 WCW guys.

Vince won't book 3 new Japan guys to be better than his entire locke room. Not on the main roster at least. Nxt is a possibility.

And yes ... if the Elite triple team Braun there's a 50/50 shot they can beat him down. Problem being the Elite don't have the numbers here. If the wwe locke room empties they won't be beating them off the way Nwo did wcw.
    The NWO didn't have a conclusion which killed things. Had they actually booked the end angle at Starrcade 1997 and started a new one then folks could have said the NWO would have went down as a great storyline. And well it for 2+ years made a **** ton of money. It spurred the WWF to compete again as we saw.

And as far as the entire roster goes , Vince literally booked The Shield as a strong heel faction with 3 guys who beat up various guys for a long while til they got massively over. Which really the WWE could do here. But given how he's failed with NWA , WCW/ECW , NWO 2K2 and Nexus invasions...I doubt he could do this.

The NWO didn't have a conclusion which killed things. Had they actually booked the end angle at Starrcade 1997 and started a new one then folks could have said the NWO would have went down as a great storyline. And well it for 2+ years made a **** ton of money. It spurred the WWF to compete again as we saw.

And as far as the entire roster goes , Vince literally booked The Shield as a strong heel faction with 3 guys who beat up various guys for a long while til they got massively over. Which really the WWE could do here. But given how he's failed with NWA , WCW/ECW , NWO 2K2 and Nexus invasions...I doubt he could do this.
    If they are booked like the Shield it's not a problem. Shield wasn't an invasion ... just 3 guys called up from developmental that were a dominant stable. It's not that different from say undisputed era.

If they are just a stable within the company rather than outsiders trying to invade it, it's not an issue of 3 guys vs 70.