Page 511 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 114114615015075085095105115125135145155215616111011 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

-There's a reason why many other legends name Flair as either the GOAT, or their personal favorite.

-There's a reason why Flair was NWA Champion for most of the 1980's essentially, and held all those titles.

-There's a reason why Flair won the top belt in pretty much every promotion that he ever worked for, including NWA, WCW, and WWF.

-There's a reason why even during his final WWE run, when he was obviously well past his prime ME years, they still booked him in fairly prominent positions in the show (Evolution/his alliance with Triple H being the obvious one of course), and he was used to put over younger up and comers (because his status spoke for itself, so there was still some rub to be had by beating him).

-Etc.

Flair was the total package in terms of what a "pro wrestler" needs to be, plus he was a big draw for many years as well.

I prefer Undertaker but Flair is the better of the two.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO00000ooooooo!!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm a fan of both but in terms of just from an objective standpoint, ric stands out more, due to being a bit more active at a higher level and having worked for a lot more companies than taker. but the difference is only just paper-thin.

Flair is to wrestling as what Undertaker is to the WWE.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

in sadder news, ricochet's mother's house burned down and now he started a gofundme.

and some people are calling it a scam because they think he and all other wrestlers are "millionaires".

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    in sadder news, ricochet's mother's house burned down and now he started a gofundme.

and some people are calling it a scam because they think he and all other wrestlers are "millionaires".
    Ricochet is the first donator with $2000. Those people are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ricochet is the first donator with $2000. Those people are assholes.
    and those same peeps are like "why should i have to pay? he should've saved his money."

smdh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -There's a reason why many other legends name Flair as either the GOAT, or their personal favorite.

-There's a reason why Flair was NWA Champion for most of the 1980's essentially, and held all those titles.

-There's a reason why Flair won the top belt in pretty much every promotion that he ever worked for, including NWA, WCW, and WWF.
    And that reason was that Nick Bockwinkel preferred AWA's lighter schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Charlotte doesn't have to be pinned if Ronda loses. Thats how triple threat matches work. You don't need to beat both people to beat both people.

i thank god you're around to tell me how wrestling works.
    that said you do know charlotte was also in the match yes?? so when you say "I don't see how you can argue Becky didn't beat anyone for the belts." i mention charlotte because she is one of the 2 people who held a belt going into the match that becky did not pin or submit

And Becky was cocky before she even won the match, so it's not like we should assume she's going to stop being after afterwards. It's her character. If Ronda were around for a rematch I"m sure Becky would be happy to give her one, but she's still going to rub it in Ronda and everyone elses face that she won because that's just what new Becky does.
    nothing wrong with being cocky before the match, but gloating over a cheap win due to a bad call isn't badass babyface, it's cowardly heel 101. if anything she should be pissed the ref blew the call because she KNOWS she could've won legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And that reason was that Nick Bockwinkel preferred AWA's lighter schedule.

i always say that to me bockwinkle was a believable version of flair. i could never buy flair as a jet-setting playboy(even if he was living the gimmick). he just looked and acted too stupid. bockwinkle was believable to me as an older dude that used his money and influence to pick up younger women.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

i thank god you're around to tell me how wrestling works.
    that said you do know charlotte was also in the match yes?? so when you say "I don't see how you can argue Becky didn't beat anyone for the belts." i mention charlotte because she is one of the 2 people who held a belt going into the match that becky did not pin or submit

nothing wrong with being cocky before the match, but gloating over a cheap win due to a bad call isn't badass babyface, it's cowardly heel 101. if anything she should be pissed the ref blew the call because she KNOWS she could've won legitimately.

i always say that to me bockwinkle was a believable version of flair. i could never buy flair as a jet-setting playboy(even if he was living the gimmick). he just looked and acted too stupid. bockwinkle was believable to me as an older dude that used his money and influence to pick up younger women.
    Doesn't matter if Charlotte didn't get pinned or submitted... again, Becky beat both of them when she pinned Ronda. That's how a triple threat match works. You saying over and over again that Becky didn't beat them doesn't actually make it true. That's why Becky is walking around with 2 belt, while Charlotte and Ronda aren't.

Doesn't matter if Charlotte didn't get pinned or submitted... again, Becky beat both of them when she pinned Ronda. That's how a triple threat match works. You saying over and over again that Becky didn't beat them doesn't actually make it true. That's why Becky is walking around with 2 belt, while Charlotte and Ronda aren't.
    it actually does matter because if becky had pinned or submitted charlotte she would have a right to brag.

did you really miss the part where rondas' shoulders weren't down or just ignoring it because WWE told you to??

oh and if you don't mind could you also tell me how a tag team match works, how many people have to be pinned to win 1 of those??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-18-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it actually does matter because if becky had pinned or submitted charlotte she would have a right to brag.

did you really miss the part where rondas' shoulders weren't down or just ignoring it because WWE told you to??

oh and if you don't mind could you also tell me how a tag team match works, how many people have to be pinned to win 1 of those??
    It still counts as a pin and a loss, because by the rules of wrestling (and a lot of sports in general) the referees makes the ruling, not instant replay. So what we saw counts as a pin. Again, that's why Becky is walking around with 2 belts while Charlote and Ronda aren't.

If you disagree that Becky should be cocky about it that's one thing... but to argue she didn't beat anyone is flat out untrue. She did in fact beat Ronda AND Charlotte in the match due to the rules of a triple threat match, because a person can lose that match without having to be pinned or submitted. They talk about that all the time with multiple person matches... this is nothing new.

Ultimate Member

She also beat Charlotte twice beforehand, and eliminated her to win the RR as well.

It still counts as a pin and a loss, because by the rules of wrestling (and a lot of sports in general) the referees makes the ruling, not instant replay. So what we saw counts as a pin. Again, that's why Becky is walking around with 2 belts while Charlote and Ronda aren't.
    no **** sherlock, i never said it didn't go down in the record books. i'm saying it's a bad look for a badass babyface. wins still count when people cheat but babyfaces don't cheat to win(xcept eddy of course) either. that's how babyfaces & heels work.

If you disagree that Becky should be cocky about it that's one thing... but to argue she didn't beat anyone is flat out untrue. She did in fact beat Ronda AND Charlotte in the match due to the rules of a triple threat match,
    if you notice i said she didn't REALLY beat anybody because ronda wasn't REALLY pinned, it was a bad call.

because a person can lose that match without having to be pinned or submitted. They talk about that all the time with multiple person matches... this is nothing new.
    you have the keenest eye for the obvious i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She also beat Charlotte twice beforehand, and eliminated her to win the RR as well.
    we already know that charlotte didn't need to be in the match, but becky needed to legit pin or submit somebody to win those titles. the way they're having her ignore what went down is just further proof they don't know how to book her type of character,
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-19-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Never liked Flair, Go 'Taker.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua