Page 522 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 224224725125185195205215225235245255265325726221022 ... LastLast
Results 7,816 to 7,830 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

News is going around that a fan in the front row died tonight on Smackdown during the opening segment.

Astonishing Member

balor vs andrade almas 823 831
    baley aint taking charlottes **** i like it maybe she's been watching JD
    baley vs charlotte 914 925
    nakamura vs kofi 941 954 saw that coming owens joining the #2019WweLeagueOfNations

ONEY RULES raw drooles
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-23-2019 at 11:02 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Pretty decent SDL overall, but surprisingly Raw was better this week. It wasn't perfect, but it had more fun/cool stuff than not (AJ vs. Seth being a thing, Cesaro in single's action, several other matches, etc).

SDL wasn't BAD mind you, but it was "uber-predictable week." KO betrays his friends and turns heel, everyone saw that coming.

The IIconics lose another match, well that happened on both shows, so that's a wash.

WWE contriving another reason to get Charlotte into the title hunt (seriously it only took three weeks), everyone saw that coming when they announced her and Becky's confrontation last week. Seriously if ANY other woman had failed as much as her recently, they'd have to go to the back of the line. But WWE bends over backwards to keep Charlotte in the title picture no matter what, they're shameless about it at this point.

-Bayley losing another big match, saw it coming, etc.

That being said, there's is some potential for some interesting stuff maybed:

-KO vs. Kofi could be a fun match/feud.

-I'm hoping (and perhaps giving WWE too much credit here) that they won't just end this Charlotte vs. Becky stuff with Charlotte winning the blowoff match. Maybe Bayley interferes and sets up a heel turn, or wins MITB and cashes in on Becky when she (hopefully) retains, or something like that. Finger's crossed.

-Andrade vs. Finn could be a cool feud perhaps.

-Etc.

So decent, but definitely not as good as Raw this week.

As I've said before, WWE wants to eventually promote Charlotte closing in on her father's record number of championships. But they're afraid that if they take their time with it, they may have to wait through a lengthy injury at some point. So they're fast-tracking Charlotte to win a few more championships now rather then later.

Ultimate Member

It's really pathetic. So much talent on that brand, and they do this again. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Pretty decent SDL overall, but surprisingly Raw was better this week. It wasn't perfect, but it had more fun/cool stuff than not (AJ vs. Seth being a thing, Cesaro in single's action, several other matches, etc).

SDL wasn't BAD mind you, but it was "uber-predictable week." KO betrays his friends and turns heel, everyone saw that coming.

The IIconics lose another match, well that happened on both shows, so that's a wash.

WWE contriving another reason to get Charlotte into the title hunt (seriously it only took three weeks), everyone saw that coming when they announced her and Becky's confrontation last week. Seriously if ANY other woman had failed as much as her recently, they'd have to go to the back of the line. But WWE bends over backwards to keep Charlotte in the title picture no matter what, they're shameless about it at this point.

-Bayley losing another big match, saw it coming, etc.

That being said, there's is some potential for some interesting stuff maybed:

-KO vs. Kofi could be a fun match/feud.

-I'm hoping (and perhaps giving WWE too much credit here) that they won't just end this Charlotte vs. Becky stuff with Charlotte winning the blowoff match. Maybe Bayley interferes and sets up a heel turn, or wins MITB and cashes in on Becky when she (hopefully) retains, or something like that. Finger's crossed.

-Andrade vs. Finn could be a cool feud perhaps.

-Etc.

So decent, but definitely not as good as Raw this week.
    It's not unreasonable for Charlotte to get a title match since she was the previous champion. Up until recent months, that frankly would have been automatic and she wouldn't even have had to earn the title shot.

Plus it gives them a little bit of time to build up some other heel on Smackdown to be the next contender. After Becky is done with Charlotte I'm not sure where they are even going to go to be honest... Mandy maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not unreasonable for Charlotte to get a title match since she was the previous champion. Up until recent months, that frankly would have been automatic and she wouldn't even have had to earn the title shot.

Plus it gives them a little bit of time to build up some other heel on Smackdown to be the next contender. After Becky is done with Charlotte I'm not sure where they are even going to go to be honest... Mandy maybe.
    It is unreasonable considering how often she has wrestled Becky since SummerSlam and how often she has lost against her. More importantly she needs to move the **** on. If anyone needs a
    can't challenge for the title while X is champion stipulation it's Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It is unreasonable considering how often she has wrestled Becky since SummerSlam and how often she has lost against her. More importantly she needs to move the **** on. If anyone needs a
    can't challenge for the title while X is champion stipulation it's Charlotte.
    Sure she lost to Becky previously, but the point still stands that despite her previous loses she still was the previous champion. Especially considering Charlotte didn't get pinned or submitted to lose her title, I think giving Charlotte a rematch before moving on makes sense.

Astonishing Member

If they want Becky on RAW long term, then she could very well lose to Charlotte or going to be cashed in at on Money In the Bank.

Sure she lost to Becky previously, but the point still stands that despite her previous loses she still was the previous champion. Especially considering Charlotte didn't get pinned or submitted to lose her title, I think giving Charlotte a rematch before moving on makes sense.
    She isn't owed a damn thing for being the previous champion. She would be sent to the back of the line if this was any other company.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    As I've said before, WWE wants to eventually promote Charlotte closing in on her father's record number of championships. But they're afraid that if they take their time with it, they may have to wait through a lengthy injury at some point. So they're fast-tracking Charlotte to win a few more championships now rather then later.
    My problem with that is that it'll oversaturate her, and make it so that it either A) devalues the championships (which is kinda ridiculous to talk about) or B) makes it so that anyone who isn't Charlotte that's holding a championship is going to be hounded by the inevitable "When will Charlotte win the belt?" talks.

This isn't a knock on Charlotte, but more on how WWE books things.

My bigger gripes about (regarding SmackDown) the show last night are Owens suddenly turning heel, even though it was a necessary evil due to them lacking a top villain on the show with Bryan being out indefinitely due to injury, and the fact that I just do not like the idea of them pushing Lars Sullivan. Period.

What has me more worried is the idea of WWE pushing towards Kofi vs. Lars as a program later this summer and being dumb enough to have it so Lars becomes the guy that dethrones Kofi so Roman can slay Lars and win the WWE Championship. Bear in mind that this would be the one time I would support Roman destroying an opponent; I just don't want Lars as a champion in any capacity.

Ultimate Member

WWE will never let her be out of the title hunt for more than five minutes. It doesn't matter how many times she loses/fails, WWE will keep contriving ways to put her in title matches until she finally wins.

If ANY other woman had failed as much as she has in the last 9 months or so, they'd be at the back of the line. Yet Charlotte gets ANOTHER title shot already, WWE is completely shameless about it at this point. Heck Asuka lost one match, ONE FREAKING MATCH, and she's been demoted to tag team action (BTW it makes no sense for her character to just be cool with that and not demanding a match against Becky to since she's the only one to decisively defeat Becky recently). Yet Charlotte is yet again getting another title match.

Becky vs. Bayley in even a nice little feud up until MITB could have been new and fun and people might have been into it. And there's multiple other women who could have good matches with Becky and people were excited to maybe see:

-Becky vs. Bayley.

-Becky vs. Ember.

-Becky vs. Mickie.

-Becky vs. Asuka rematch.

-Becky vs. Kairi.

-Etc.

But nah just throw Charlotte in there yet again. People are sick of this feud, and sick of Charlotte constantly being in the title hunt no matter what and the fatigue is beginning to settle in. They see it for what it is, WWE blatantly favoring their golden girl.

And yeah, it's not really Charlotte's fault even. Much like Roman, she's a victim of WWE's poor booking and lack of creativity and sheer stubbornness.

Ultimate Member

[QUOTE=titanfan;4321329]If they want Becky on RAW long term, then she could very well lose to Charlotte or going to be cashed in at on Money In the Bank.[/QUOTE]

That would be a crap ending to almost a year of this, and just validate everything that people have complained about with WWE's booking and favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She isn't owed a damn thing for being the previous champion. She would be sent to the back of the line if this was any other company.
    Again, in wrestling previous champions getting a rematch is fairly normal. It's more abnormal for them NOT to get a rematch quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    My problem with that is that it'll oversaturate her, and make it so that it either A) devalues the championships (which is kinda ridiculous to talk about) or B) makes it so that anyone who isn't Charlotte that's holding a championship is going to be hounded by the inevitable "When will Charlotte win the belt?" talks.

This isn't a knock on Charlotte, but more on how WWE books things.

My bigger gripes about (regarding SmackDown) the show last night are Owens suddenly turning heel, even though it was a necessary evil due to them lacking a top villain on the show with Bryan being out indefinitely due to injury, and the fact that I just do not like the idea of them pushing Lars Sullivan. Period.

What has me more worried is the idea of WWE pushing towards Kofi vs. Lars as a program later this summer and being dumb enough to have it so Lars becomes the guy that dethrones Kofi so Roman can slay Lars and win the WWE Championship. Bear in mind that this would be the one time I would support Roman destroying an opponent; I just don't want Lars as a champion in any capacity.
    The weird thing was less that KO turned heel, but more that KO was evena face to begin with. THe whole honorary New Day thing was an obvious set up for him to turn. The only reason it lasted as long as it did was because the previous week was in Canada.

I do think at some point KO will legitimately have a good face run because he's funny and people like him. But it doesn't make sense to do it now.