Page 523 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 234234735135195205215225235245255265275335736231023 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 19298

[QUOTE=Punisher007;4321456]
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If they want Becky on RAW long term, then she could very well lose to Charlotte or going to be cashed in at on Money In the Bank.[/QUOTE]

That would be a crap ending to almost a year of this, and just validate everything that people have complained about with WWE's booking and favoritism.
    Though I do agree Charlotte shouldn't beat Becky, I think the Money in the Bank winner will. Really, that's what MitB is there for. Though it'll be weird to see how that works given Becky has 2 titles. I'll assume the person cashing in can only win the belt from their brand, but who knows.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, in wrestling previous champions getting a rematch is fairly normal. It's more abnormal for them NOT to get a rematch quite frankly.
    WWE abolished automatic rematches to prevent having to see the same tired match ups.

And no, it is not common for former champions to get rematches in wrestling. Tell me, did Tanahashi get a rematch after he lost the title to Jay White? Is White getting a rematch for losing to Okada? Where was Austin Aries rematch when he lost to Johnny Impact? This is a purely a WWE thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE abolished automatic rematches to prevent having to see the same tired match ups.

And no, it is not common for former champions to get rematches in wrestling. Tell me, did Tanahashi get a rematch after he lost the title to Jay White? Is White getting a rematch for losing to Okada? Where was Austin Aries rematch when he lost to Johnny Impact? This is a purely a WWE thing.
    Sure, which is why the rematch wasn't automatic. She won a match for it.

But the booking logic still stands. New champ beats old champ, then movies on. Its' done more of the new champ than anything else, to show it's not a fluke win or anything like that. Since Charlotte wasn't pinned or submitted when she lost the belt, it probably makes even more sense.

Sure, which is why the rematch wasn't automatic. She won a match for it.

But the booking logic still stands. New champ beats old champ, then movies on. Its' done more of the new champ than anything else, to show it's not a fluke win or anything like that. Since Charlotte wasn't pinned or submitted when she lost the belt, it probably makes even more sense.
    The booking logic is ****. Charlotte booked herself in a title match. Her logic isn't sound as she's bitching about the basic rules of a triple threat.

The booking logic is ****. Charlotte booked herself in a title match. Her logic isn't sound as she's bitching about the basic rules of a triple threat.
    Sure, any heel that loses a triple threat but wasn't pinned or submitted with bitch about that. It's just a part of being a heel.

But that doesn't mean you still don't book a rematch, whereup the new face champ does in fact pin or submit the previous heel champ to prove the heel champ is wrong. Again, it just helps cement Beckys title reign a little bit.

Sure, any heel that loses a triple threat but wasn't pinned or submitted with bitch about that. It's just a part of being a heel.

But that doesn't mean you still don't book a rematch, whereup the new face champ does in fact pin or submit the previous heel champ to prove the heel champ is wrong. Again, it just helps cement Beckys title reign a little bit.
    You don't book the rematch because when it comes to Charlotte, Becky has nothing to prove. She has bested for over six months. We don't need to see more. She should have lost to Bayley and gained herself a new nemesis.

Ultimate Member

And the problem is people are getting tired of it. They see it as WWE still being obsessed with Charlotte above all else. Again Asuka lost ONE match and she's now in a tag team and they've given her ZERO onscreen character growth out of it.

Charlotte loses repeatedly to Becky, and fails constantly for months, and WWE STILL keeps BS'ing her into title matches. NO OTHER WOMEN gets this luxury. "Well they booked her in a match," yeah that's the problem. People saw right through it, they saw it as WWE half-a**ing an excuse to get their golden girl another title match, and they're deading that it's setting up for her to win.

Basically people want 1. New/interesting match-ups for Becky, and 2. Charlotte to take a break from the title hunt, and instead WWE is forcing another match between them again. This feud is played out, from what I observed most people groaned when Charlotte won because it's like "oh come on WWE, enough of this."

-Becky beat her to win the title.
    -Becky beat her decisively at Evolution, you could have ended this feud there.
    -But they crowbar Charlotte into the TLC match, and give very little in-story justification for it.
    -She fails to win that either, and then she gets eliminated from the RR as well.
    -They STILL crowbar her into the WrestleMania ME anyway, whereas Becky, the woman who WON the RR, has to "earn" her spot with this convoluted feud. And Vince never shows up again after that one night, so no payoff there.
    -Charlotte gets a title match out of nowhere with zero build-up against Asuka, is booked to win, and Asuka is shoved completely off the main card and out of the title hunt (again that alone is very telling).
    -Charlotte fails again at Mania (this should have been the end of it), yet she's booked to get another title match not even three weeks later.
    -Etc.

Again people are sick of this, EVERY other woman has to take a break from the title hunt at some point. So it's Charlotte's turn in many people's minds.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 04-24-2019 at 01:34 PM.

You don't book the rematch because when it comes to Charlotte, Becky has nothing to prove. She has bested for over six months. We don't need to see more. She should have lost to Bayley and gained herself a new nemesis.
    Sure, but she didn't pin or get Charlotte to submit for the title at WM. Becky can do that at MitB, then move on. I won't disagree that Becky absolutely HAD to get a rematch with Charlotte... but it helps more than hurts her. THere are people who have called her a paper champion... I don't completely agree with that description, but Becky nonetheless getting a clean win over a previous champ does help.

Sure, but she didn't pin or get Charlotte to submit for the title at WM. Becky can do that at MitB, then move on. I won't disagree that Becky absolutely HAD to get a rematch with Charlotte... but it helps more than hurts her. THere are people who have called her a paper champion... I don't completely agree with that description, but Becky nonetheless getting a clean win over a previous champ does help.
    Charlotte being pinned doesn't matter. She still lost and Becky had nothing to prove. This doesn't help Becky because the fans are tiring of seeing these two wrestle.

I don't know how can you continue defending this shitty booking.

Charlotte being pinned doesn't matter. She still lost and Becky had nothing to prove. This doesn't help Becky because the fans are tiring of seeing these two wrestle.

I don't know how can you continue defending this shitty booking.
    I can defend previous champions getting rematches because again to me it makes sense booking wise, especially when the previous champ isn't pinned or submitted multi-person situation. Have the new champ pin them in a title match, THEN move on.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree because I think thats just sensible booking. I'd say the same for Ronda too if she were still around. Unlike Charlotte Ronda was pinned, but because of a botch there is some controversy around the win. Having Becky beat Ronda down the line will address that.

Ultimate Member

Speaking of which, they're REALLY not helping build the credibility of the Women's tag titles by what they're doing with The IIconics. I mean them winning the titles so quickly, and the subsequent Sasha controversy, was already an issue. But booking them to lose all of their matches, and get flat out squashed, since then really aren't helping the perception that WWE doesn't care about these belts and treats them as a joke.

Also with how poorly they treated Asuka at Mania time, and Kairi just coming up, they should not be losing much to the comedy jobbers. They need to win those belts pretty soon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Speaking of which, they're REALLY not helping build the credibility of the Women's tag titles by what they're doing with The IIconics. I mean them winning the titles so quickly, and the subsequent Sasha controversy, was already an issue. But booking them to lose all of their matches, and get flat out squashed, since then really aren't helping the perception that WWE doesn't care about these belts and treats them as a joke.

Also with how poorly they treated Asuka at Mania time, and Kairi just coming up, they should not be losing much to the comedy jobbers. They need to win those belts pretty soon imo.
    My guess is that the Iconics will essentially be similar to Flair in that they will only win the matches that matter. I think Flair was quoted as saying he's lost 3000 matches and won 16. Factually that's wrong, but in principal the idea was always to make the challengers look as strong as possible so he'll have as much heat as possible when he somehow someway narrowly avoids losing the belt.

Not that I disagree with your overall point, as I think the Iconics should win more than they do. But if they in the least win their tag matches I'm okay with them losing the singles matches during the build to their PPV title defenses. Iconics are arguably the only REAL tag team in the womans divison... the rest of the teams are largely singles wrestlers temporarily joining up to wrestle for the belts. So inherently I think they often should have the advantage in singles matches, while the iconics often should have the advantage in tag matches.

I think the Iconics will keep the belt until Summerslam. Have them lose it on a big stage.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Clearly looks like a distraction to keep Asuka away from the title. By logical sense she should be pissed she never got her rematch and she beat Becky for the title--she should absolutely be arguing that she's the rightful #1 contender.

Looks like Absolution is going to be a roadblock for Asuka/Kairi so that Iiconics can keep the belt for a little while.

Clearly looks like a distraction to keep Asuka away from the title. By logical sense she should be pissed she never got her rematch and she beat Becky for the title--she should absolutely be arguing that she's the rightful #1 contender.

Looks like Absolution is going to be a roadblock for Asuka/Kairi so that Iiconics can keep the belt for a little while.
    In a weird way I think this is protecting Asuka. I absolutely agree Asuka should be number one contender, or at least sharing the distinction with Charlotte. But I think we all know if Asuka were to challenge NOW she would most likely lose. No one is beating Becky THIS soon.

I think around Summerslam they probably will want to get at least one of the belts off of her, and Asuka on paper is the most likely person. But all of Beckys challengers in the immediate future will likely fail, so they probably want to save Asuka for later. Charlotte can take the loss better than Asuka can at this point.

Intermediary

the IIconics are keeping those titles for a while because (reportedly) Vince likes them, they are "good company women" and do pretty much whatever the WWE has asked of them