Page 526 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 264264765165225235245255265275285295305365766261026 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    in this case i'd define it as fresh, interesting, and a new chapter which would mean there's a **** ton of other people that would be better than charlotte for 1000th fukn time in 9 months.

nah, been there done it enough times and you're also just assuming becky wins which is far from a sure thing.

and add chris hero.

rowan is deadweight and they've been repackaged together enough times already.
    But the point is you can do both. Since Becky has 2 belts and apparently needs to juggle 2 feuds and matches at a time while carrying both, she can feud with someone new in Lacey and still get that pin over the previous champion. And after MitB, she'll probably be feuding with an additional new person, if not 2 additional new persons (depending on whether Lacey is a one off or not), so there's no issue of her not getting fresh feuds given her dual champion nature.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But the point is you can do both. Since Becky has 2 belts and apparently needs to juggle 2 feuds and matches at a time while carrying both, she can feud with someone new in Lacey and still get that pin over the previous champion. And after MitB, she'll probably be feuding with an additional new person, if not 2 additional new persons (depending on whether Lacey is a one off or not), so there's no issue of her not getting fresh feuds given her dual champion nature.

just because you can do both doesn't mean you should. they had so much time to build lacey up and didn't. this is just 1 of many reasons they shouldn't have killed asuka in order to force charlotte into the mania match.

fresh feuds is a big issue for her on SD, they had any easy out with bayley and chose not to do it. charlotte & becky need to be kept away from each other already.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    just because you can do both doesn't mean you should. they had so much time to build lacey up and didn't. this is just 1 of many reasons they shouldn't have killed asuka in order to force charlotte into the mania match.

fresh feuds is a big issue for her on SD, they had any easy out with bayley and chose not to do it. charlotte & becky need to be kept away from each other already.
    If endgame was to have Becky with both belts, then Asuka needed to drop hers to Charlotte. Sucks for Asuka, but Becky got to do something somewhat unique out of it. We've had floating and unified champions, but we haven't had too many champs of two different brands needing to defend the titles independently in the WWE. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is RVD when he was the WWE and ECW champion, but that lasted like 5 seconds.

And they can still feud Becky with Bayley afterwards. Honesty I think you're arguably doing Bayley and Asuka a favor by saving them for later. Odds are pretty good Becky won't be dropping the belt in her first feud (though it's possible), so you probably want her first defenses to be against people who won't be too hurt by the loss. Lacey is new, so she's got nothing to lose. And Charlotte has already put over Becky, so she's not hurt by doing it again. But Asuka and Bayley probably should get built up a bit before going against Becky.

Arguably it SHOULD be Asuka from a realistm standpoint since she never got a rematch, but again because she's pretty much guranteed to lose in some ways putting Asuka in the tag team division is sort of doing her a favor.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-26-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

An NXT ref broke his leg during a match and still found the strength to continue and do the 3 count
    https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/...74851390414848

BANNED

Astonishing Member

this should be fun
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-26-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Don't tease something new and fun (Becky vs. "New attitude" Bayley), and give a plausible reason for it (Becky has never beaten Bayley on the MR), only to them just go LOLCharlottewinsagainLOL!! Basically the outcome of that match has been met with a decided "meh" by most people and there seems to be very little excitement for the match at MITB either.

It's almost like sacrificing the entire division for the sake of three women (one of whom was leaving) and one match was a stupid idea, fancy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Don't tease something new and fun (Becky vs. "New attitude" Bayley), and give a plausible reason for it (Becky has never beaten Bayley on the MR), only to them just go LOLCharlottewinsagainLOL!! Basically the outcome of that match has been met with a decided "meh" by most people and there seems to be very little excitement for the match at MITB either.

It's almost like sacrificing the entire division for the sake of three women (one of whom was leaving) and one match was a stupid idea, fancy that.
    You can certainly make the arguement that deciding to put BOTH belts on Becky essentially was sacrificing the rest of the women to put her over as much as possible. If Asuka had kept the belt and feuded with Mandy or whatever for the belt, then at least something else other than Becky and her opponents would be on the radar. They went all in with Becky by making her champion of both brands.

Given that was the first and perhaps only time women will be in that position (as honestly I'm not sure we'll get another WM main event level match given aside from maybe a rematch with Ronda), I can buy them going all in with it that one time. But it does leave the rest of the women as an afterthought.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Put him on the funhouse with Bray
    That would involve putting him on TV.

WWE would not do want to do that. I mean, the writers were asking him around Axxess if he was still injured, and when he asked for his release, it was likely he wouldn't even be factored into the Superstar Shake-Up.

I feel especially bad for Harper. WWE has firmly established him as nothing more than a flunkie to wrestlers that they do want to push, and when he wants to leave, they punish him by locking him down on his contract, and if he does want to honor said contract, they aren't going to put him on television. For people who want to argue that Harper has gotten a fair shake, I like to remind them about how he was the third wheel in the Orton/Wyatt feud where he was the designated fall guy in their tandem (as he always was), and was rewarded by being bullshitted out of a title shot opportunity (not a match, an opportunity) against AJ Styles twice in less than 10 minutes, with his reward for hanging with the three guys I mentioned being in the Andre at WrestleMania (and an early elimination, at that). Guy pretty much did that Michinoku Driver against Dominick Dijak in an attempt to get noticed by anyone in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    That would involve putting him on TV.

WWE would not do want to do that. I mean, the writers were asking him around Axxess if he was still injured, and when he asked for his release, it was likely he wouldn't even be factored into the Superstar Shake-Up.

I feel especially bad for Harper. WWE has firmly established him as nothing more than a flunkie to wrestlers that they do want to push, and when he wants to leave, they punish him by locking him down on his contract, and if he does want to honor said contract, they aren't going to put him on television. For people who want to argue that Harper has gotten a fair shake, I like to remind them about how he was the third wheel in the Orton/Wyatt feud where he was the designated fall guy in their tandem (as he always was), and was rewarded by being bullshitted out of a title shot opportunity (not a match, an opportunity) against AJ Styles twice in less than 10 minutes, with his reward for hanging with the three guys I mentioned being in the Andre at WrestleMania (and an early elimination, at that). Guy pretty much did that Michinoku Driver against Dominick Dijak in an attempt to get noticed by anyone in the back.
    As a singles, I definately think he was wasted.

I do think he and Rowan did pretty well as the Blungeon Brothers though. Unfortunately, similar to their time with th Wyatts the injury bug just kept haunting that team.

I read about that today.

I want to know why.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I posted that a page ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I read about that today.

I want to know why.
    Just speculating here... but I remember when Arn Anderson parted ways with the company, the initial reports were that he quit. Later it was revealed he was fired because of the Foxy stuff. I wonder if this is a case where WWE let him go. Again, just speculating but with all the new people WWE recently got (largely from TnA back in the day), maybe they're phasing out some of the previous agents.

Just speculating though. It's possible he wanted to quit. He's getting up there in age and I'm sure working for a different company would be a lot less work and travel.

If endgame was to have Becky with both belts, then Asuka needed to drop hers to Charlotte
    Sucks for Asuka, but Becky got to do something somewhat unique out of it. We've had floating and unified champions, but we haven't had too many champs of two different brands needing to defend the titles independently in the WWE. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is RVD when he was the WWE and ECW champion, but that lasted like 5 seconds.
    simple solution, don't have becky drop the belt to aska before mania. make becky vs ronda title vs title singles match. build road to mania rematch of aska vs charlotte where aska wins this time.

And they can still feud Becky with Bayley afterwards. Honesty I think you're arguably doing Bayley and Asuka a favor by saving them for later. Odds are pretty good Becky won't be dropping the belt in her first feud (though it's possible), so you probably want her first defenses to be against people who won't be too hurt by the loss. Lacey is new, so she's got nothing to lose. And Charlotte has already put over Becky, so she's not hurt by doing it again. But Asuka and Bayley probably should get built up a bit before going against Becky.
    nice spin but no. bayley could've been built by winning that match against charlotte, and her and becky have enough history to make it interesting off the bat, and even if bayley loses it could lead to some character development. aska wouldn't even need building if they hadn't killed her to force charlotte into the mania match.

Arguably it SHOULD be Asuka from a realistm standpoint since she never got a rematch, but again because she's pretty much guranteed to lose in some ways putting Asuka in the tag team division is sort of doing her a favor.
    putting anybody in that division currently is doing them no favors(save the iconics since they were comedic jobbers anyways) just like putting ricochet and black in a tag team did them no favors and led to nothing.

on that note not sure you noticed but nobody cared any more or less when ricochet lost to roode despite him being FEATURED ON ALL 3 BRANDS!!

You can certainly make the arguement that deciding to put BOTH belts on Becky essentially was sacrificing the rest of the women to put her over as much as possible. If Asuka had kept the belt and feuded with Mandy or whatever for the belt, then at least something else other than Becky and her opponents would be on the radar. They went all in with Becky by making her champion of both brands.

Given that was the first and perhaps only time women will be in that position (as honestly I'm not sure we'll get another WM main event level match given aside from maybe a rematch with Ronda), I can buy them going all in with it that one time. But it does leave the rest of the women as an afterthought.
    still could've done that and built aska by not forcing charlotte into the mania match.

has the huge rating the bucks vs lucha bros AAA main event drew?? pretty crazy stuff.