Page 547 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 474474975375435445455465475485495505515575976471047 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At this point, paying to air is better than nothing. I won't help them thrive, but it'll at least help AEW survive. If they can generate numbers, they can negotiate a better deal down the line. TnA/Impact to it's credit is still around.

But obviously best case scenario would be if they can get a network to pay for them. It's ultimately what they need given their costs for talent and benefits are likely going to be very high given their business model. I think they are banking on that at least down the line. They have talent and are generating a nice buzz, so hopefully people will take a chance on them.
    Right now no one knows if they are paying. But they a solid network behind them in TNT. It reaches 89+ million homes so its a great network deal regardless. And they have a big boss over that network that honestly backs things like this as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Intermediary

when it comes to network TV, having an ally or three in the boardroom always helps

I would have preferred they cut a deal with a streaming platform like Hulu or YouTube TV to distribute

thats where the future is IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    when it comes to network TV, having an ally or three in the boardroom always helps

I would have preferred they cut a deal with a streaming platform like Hulu or YouTube TV to distribute

I would imagine the idea down the line is to do both. Get on a network, develop a couple seasons of content, then have your library available for streaming. If whatever network signs them have designs on having some sort of streaming content, wrestling would certainly be a nice addition to that.

I would imagine the idea down the line is to do both. Get on a network, develop a couple seasons of content, then have your library available for streaming. If whatever network signs them have designs on having some sort of streaming content, wrestling would certainly be a nice addition to that.
    Anthem wouldn't have bought TNA had it not been for the library. Its one of the reasons Vince McMahon was interested back when TNA was on the sales block 1st. The TV library and all is really worth it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Anthem wouldn't have bought TNA had it not been for the library. Its one of the reasons Vince McMahon was interested back when TNA was on the sales block 1st. The TV library and all is really worth it.
    The one nice thing about wrestling now is that a wrestling library will always have value. So even if your attempt at wrestling fails and your show folds, in the least you can always sell your library to Vince and make a few extra bucks.

The one nice thing about wrestling now is that a wrestling library will always have value. So even if your attempt at wrestling fails and your show folds, in the least you can always sell your library to Vince and make a few extra bucks.
    True you can , or you have a streaming network where content like this is good. Its what Jeff Jarrett was trying for and sadly couldn't get launched with GFW. He was trying to get it to netflix.

BANNED

Shane McMahon shot hard on Miz's dad

https://wrestletalk.com/news/shane-m...-wrestlemania/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

At this point, paying to air is better than nothing. I won't help them thrive, but it'll at least help AEW survive. If they can generate numbers, they can negotiate a better deal down the line. TnA/Impact to it's credit is still around.

But obviously best case scenario would be if they can get a network to pay for them. It's ultimately what they need given their costs for talent and benefits are likely going to be very high given their business model. I think they are banking on that at least down the line. They have talent and are generating a nice buzz, so hopefully people will take a chance on them.
    I rather go with nothing than pay to air. AEW hype is largely internet buzz. With that they would be better off airing their content on twitch and YouTube than paying a major network for a spot.

Went to a Smackdown live show on Friday. Think the last time they were here was like a day or so later after Eddie Guerrero died so it's been awhile since last time. Haven't been watching the product at all recently but it was fun to see them live and I think Kofi's like a champion in a long while that actually looks good with the belt around his waist.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I rather go with nothing than pay to air. AEW hype is largely internet buzz. With that they would be better off airing their content on twitch and YouTube than paying a major network for a spot.
    That might be a more workable business model if they weren't paying talent millions of dollars, in addition to providing benefits. If they can't get on TV, then probably need to find ways to severely cut costs.

Ultimate Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBethPh...66244872822784

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/st...584637441?s=19

Becky and Beth Phoenix with an "interesting" exchange it would seem.

Sheamus apparently has to retire due to injury

https://lordsofpain.net/report-sheam...due-to-injury/

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post

I wont be able to watch then aka SCREW THAT

Last edited by steve2275; 05-12-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That buzz helped them sell out ALL IN and now Double Or Nothing

Youd be surprised what the internet can accomplish