Page 55 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

time foe NJPW on axstv dominion 2018 night 3
    jushin "thunder" liger teams with hiroshi tanahashi and rey mysterio as they take on adam cody scurll
    and the 2 out of 3 falls match for the IWGP world heavyweight championship between omega and okada(blond hair)...at least the first fall showing how you are suppose to catch your flying opponent
    to be concluded in 23 hours
    and now the conclusion

Last edited by steve2275; 09-01-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

BANNED

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Amell has Promethus on his corner for his match. Arrow's kayfabe is dead.

#ALLIN was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    simply amazing!!!!!!! Kenny Omega vs Pentago JR WOW!!!!!!!!!!! cero miedo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just out of curiosity....does anyone know if Kenny Omega speaks spanish?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cody Rhodes won the NWA World title against Nick Aldis.

Its a nice achievement for Cody who has won his 2nd , World Championship since leaving the WWE and did it at the biggest event of summer on PPV. Hopefully they let Cody redesign the championship as the new champion.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

all in was fun, but 2 things i don't understand. 1)who gives a **** about the NWA title?? 2)why didn't omega vs pentagon main event(especially considering the post match surprise) over the awesome but random as fuk 6man tag??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    all in was fun, but 2 things i don't understand. 1)who gives a **** about the NWA title??
    It's steadily regaining relevance, it's got a long way to go but I've enjoyed Aldis' run and Cody at the height of his indie fame right now helps relegitimise the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Cody Rhodes won the NWA World title against Nick Aldis.

Its a nice achievement for Cody who has won his 2nd , World Championship since leaving the WWE and did it at the biggest event of summer on PPV. Hopefully they let Cody redesign the championship as the new champion.
    Under different circumstances I'd honestly say winning the nwa title frankly doesn't mean anything (really he's the first in awhile that the casual wrestling fan would even give a dam about). However, for him specifically it probably means a lot, given his dad was a previous nwa champ back when it meant something. And who knows... maybe Cody can actually generate some interest in the thing. Maybe.

But I don't know if you want to redesign the title. At this point the lineage and history of the belt is all they have left, so they might as well celebrate that rather than try and modernize.

all in was fun, but 2 things i don't understand. 1)who gives a **** about the NWA title?? 2)why didn't omega vs pentagon main event(especially considering the post match surprise) over the awesome but random as fuk 6man tag??
    I would guess the logic might be to main event with the 6 man because Rey probably the biggest star in the card.

But yeah... main eventing for a world title in a match which I think most assumed would probably be the match of the night going in was more conventional wisdom. That or Codys match since that was a world title and Cody was sort of the face of all of this (but Cody not putting the spotlight on his match was probably the right call since his match was good but likely not going to steal the sh0w).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Under different circumstances I'd honestly say winning the nwa title frankly doesn't mean anything (really he's the first in awhile that the casual wrestling fan would even give a dam about). However, for him specifically it probably means a lot, given his dad was a previous nwa champ back when it meant something. And who knows... maybe Cody can actually generate some interest in the thing. Maybe.

But I don't know if you want to redesign the title. At this point the lineage and history of the belt is all they have left, so they might as well celebrate that rather than try and modernize.
    Lineage and history has nothing to do with the design of the physical belt. There was a time when the big gold belt was the NWA title. I think the a redesign is long overdue.

1) Cody I guess. To be honest I didn't even know that the NWA title was still around. Even more I didn't know it was still defended and won. and I still don't know where does one defends that title? at TNA? ROH? CMLL?!

2) same thing here. I guess its because it was the young bucks in the match that they got the main event. It was great don't get me wrong. But didn't feel like a main event.
    Then again Roman Reings is never a main event match and despite that he always is the main event in wwe.

and still....anyone know if Omega speaks spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    1) Cody I guess. To be honest I didn't even know that the NWA title was still around. Even more I didn't know it was still defended and won. and I still don't know where does one defends that title? at TNA? ROH? CMLL?!

2) same thing here. I guess its because it was the young bucks in the match that they got the main event. It was great don't get me wrong. But didn't feel like a main event.
    Then again Roman Reings is never a main event match and despite that he always is the main event in wwe.

and still....anyone know if Omega speaks spanish?
    NWA title is defended in any fed that had a working relationship with the NWA. The events where it's normally defended is super small. With Cody as champ it has the chance to get exposure again being a big name in the indie scene.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lineage and history has nothing to do with the design of the physical belt. There was a time when the big gold belt was the NWA title. I think the a redesign is long overdue.

Yeah the title needs a redesign badly in today's era. To get it noticed again and with Cody giving attention to it ...time is right. I am surprised they made the change from Aldis but they wanted to create attention for the title after so long and Corgan made the decision.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah the title needs a redesign badly in today's era. To get it noticed again and with Cody giving attention to it ...time is right. I am surprised they made the change from Aldis but they wanted to create attention for the title after so long and Corgan made the decision.
    I don't think it's surprising at all that they put the belt on Cody. He'll give the new 10 timed the exposure Aldis ever could. The biggest thing in Indy wrestling is bullet club, so nwa can leech off of that a bit and maybe experience a bit of a bump.

Ultimate Member

How does the NWA work these days?

I honestly didn't know there was still an NWA world heavyweight championship anymore?