Page 552 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 524525025425485495505515525535545555565626026521052 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    SDL Spoiler: spoilers:
    Apparently Asuka & Kairi's team name is, wait for it, The Kabuki Warriors. No, I'm not kidding about that.
    end of spoilers
    Vince must have come up with that name. It's awful.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

SDL Spoiler: spoilers:
    Apparently Asuka & Kairi's team name is, wait for it, The Kabuki Warriors. No, I'm not kidding about that.
    end of spoilers

yeah. this is gonna go over REALLY well with the rest of the riffdown crew.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, I think it's an okay name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/tr..._senhRt9mAEab4

i feel for trips.

and if even half of this stuff is true, i can no longer blame the writers for all the crap we've seen lately.
    You really never could. Everything good or bad has VKM all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/tr..._senhRt9mAEab4

i feel for trips.

and if even half of this stuff is true, i can no longer blame the writers for all the crap we've seen lately.
    Definitely feel for Haitch, It really seems like VKM would rather destroy his company than let someone else be responsible for making it prosper.

Astonishing Member

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kabuki
    theres the usos the bloodline......i like it #TeamBloodline
    i wouldnt mind seeing these 4 in a #Fatal4Way for the #ICTitle
    kabuki warriors suck it up whiners
    i'm a sonya deville guy

your leader
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-14-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

-OMG, that team name for Asuka & Kairi is awful. Really WWE, really? Like that gives "The Viking Experience" a run for it's money in terms of stupid team names.

-So Charlotte and Lacey are on the show, but not Becky. Disappointing. Also it's cool that they let Kofi and Xavier stand tall again this week, but it makes Becky getting beaten down yet again last night feel even more underwhelming.

-I never thought that I'd get tired of seeing Shane on TV, but he's overexposed now imo.

-Andrade pinning Finn, cool. He's probably not winning MITB (although I hope that he does), but an IC title feud could be a nice consolation prize.

Overall, a very "meh" show.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

"Destroy?" The old man got a billion-dollar TV deal with a major network for SDL. Trips can't even get NXT to not be a black hole of money. Don't get it twisted, Vince has made some bad missteps over the last few years, but Hunter's not even in the same universe as him when it comes to drawing money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    "Destroy?" The old man got a billion-dollar TV deal with a major network for SDL. Trips can't even get NXT to not be a black hole of money. Don't get it twisted, Vince has made some bad missteps over the last few years, but Hunter's not even in the same universe as him when it comes to drawing money.

Speaking of Black Holes for money.... XFL. Tell me I'm wrong.

Ultimate Member

Actually I think that there was a recent report that NXT does make money. Also WWE is losing fans left and right, and their ratings are dropping like a stone. So lets not pretend like the show is GOOD right now.

Hunter's job in NXT isn't to make money, that's not what it's there for anyway.

Astonishing Member

Hunter's job in NXT isn't to make money, that's not what it's there for anyway.
    this is true
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    WWE have caved in to mounting pressure form the Lars Sullivan controversy. They are fining him $100,000 for his bigoted comments and he's been instructed to undergo sensitivity training

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk.../#1d183857604e
    Lars is an idiot but it seems WWE plans for him are cast in stone.

Which is very funny because a guy like Titus O Neil pretty much got nuked after he playfully grabbed and held Mr McMahon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kabuki
    theres the usos the bloodline......i like it #TeamBloodline
    i wouldnt mind seeing these 4 in a #Fatal4Way for the #ICTitle
    kabuki warriors suck it up whiners
    i'm a sonya deville guy

your leader
    the bloodline......i like it #TeamBloodline pretty sure its referring to the samoan bloodline
    time for njpw from September 23 2016
    satoshi kojima and tenzan vs gallows and anderson
    Kenny omega vs KUSHIDA (who will have a match on NXT later) for the iwgp jr championship
    ibushi vs makabe for the open neverwight championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-15-2019 at 02:58 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Examples of when the wresting promotions needed networks more than the networks needed the wrestling promotion? WCW and ECW. They flat out folded without it. A small indy promotion can theoretically exist without any sort of national platform but if you're talking about an organization that's paying their talent millions of dollars TV is necessary. Which means they don't necessarily have a whole lot of leverage when negotiating with networks. When wrestling is hot or the promotion has a proven track record, it can go a long way towards getting them better TV deals, but neither of those scenarios are true at the moment.

That's the precarious position AEW potentially is in right now. They're paying millions for talent in addition to paying for benefits and medical while at the same time running less shows. In order to be a viable business model they NEED to get a very very good TV deal to make up for that. Which they might be able to do. We'll see.
    i don't believe ECW nor WCW paid a network to put them on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I rather go with nothing than pay to air. AEW hype is largely internet buzz. With that they would be better off airing their content on twitch and YouTube than paying a major network for a spot.
    agreed. i mean if i have to either give my **** away for free or pay somebody to take it i'd rather give it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You really never could. Everything good or bad has VKM all over it.
    they're back?? ****.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't believe ECW nor WCW paid a network to put them on TV.

agreed. i mean if i have to either give my **** away for free or pay somebody to take it i'd rather give it for free.

they're back?? ****.
    WCW and ECW are examples of what happens to a wrestling promotion if you don't get on a network at all. TnA paid to get on a network, and it at least allowed them to survive long enough to eventually get a better deal with a better network.

Point being sure it's better to get paid than to pay a network. But AEW needs to take the best deal it can, and they're not necessarily negotiating with a whole lot of leverage here since wrestling isn't hot and they're not a proven commodity yet. So a network might be able to get AEW to pay them simply because they can. Course, hopefully for AEW that's not the case. Again, they need the best deal they can given their risky business model of paying the workers more with benefits while running less shows plus having an off season.