Page 554 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 544545045445505515525535545555565575585646046541054 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lio Rush removed all mentions of WWE in his social media and is taking independent bookings.
    Good for him.

He doesn't seem to be cut out for the WWE way of doing things at all.

BANNED

WWE apparently leaving Sky Sports in the UK and heading over to BT

https://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-uk-r...ng-to-bt-sport

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    WWE apparently leaving Sky Sports in the UK and heading over to BT

https://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-uk-r...ng-to-bt-sport

Wooooow, WWE has had a contract with Sky for decades. WWE was absolutely massive on Sky in the 1990s.

I don't have any numbers but i think Sky has wider coverage than BT sport.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't think paying to be on a network would've helped WCW or ECW, they would've just lost more money before going out.

and TNA paying to be on tv helped them survive long enough to lose millions more so yeah i'm not sure i'd count that as a success either.

if AEW can't get paid for their content by a network than they should just stick to PPV for the time being, if that's not enough to survive so be it. id rather last a year and lose a million than "survive" 5 years and lose 10 million.

LOL. hhh has been such a stand up guy his whole career, i feel so sorry for him.

just wondering who you guys see more upside in if you were talent scouting

eli drake/shaun ricker

or

kevin "killer" kross
    From a business perspective, I can understand the arguement of saying it's better TnA shut down rather than continue to survive while being millions of dollars in the red. That said from the perspective of the talent, the fans and the industry as a whole I'd argue them continuing to exist is the better option. TnA/Imact is alive today, putting out a descent product, and is showcasing a lot of solid talent. They likely could not have done that had they not taken the steps the needed to in order to survive. And I personally hope that's true for AEW.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He got out? Miracles do happen.
    Looks like it but nothing official yet. He was kicked from the European tour so chances are high that he will be out the door.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lio Rush removed all mentions of WWE in his social media and is taking independent bookings.
    Rush is a true talent, he will definitely find work.WWE lost a good one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't think paying to be on a network would've helped WCW or ECW, they would've just lost more money before going out.

and TNA paying to be on tv helped them survive long enough to lose millions more so yeah i'm not sure i'd count that as a success either.

if AEW can't get paid for their content by a network than they should just stick to PPV for the time being, if that's not enough to survive so be it. id rather last a year and lose a million than "survive" 5 years and lose 10 million.

LOL. hhh has been such a stand up guy his whole career, i feel so sorry for him.

just wondering who you guys see more upside in if you were talent scouting

eli drake/shaun ricker

or

kevin "killer" kross
    Both are fine talents. I give Drake the bigger upside because you can push him as a heel or face. Kross is just a heel. Both of their in ring work is equal in my untrained eye

BANNED

Ric Flair is in hospital, said to be in a very serious condition

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/16/ric-f...cal-emergency/

BANNED

Alexa Bliss is not medically cleared for Money In The Bank

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/11290...ment-announced

BANNED

Nikki Cross replacing Alexa in MITB match

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/11291...ing%3Fpage%3D3

BANNED

Alexa Bliss is not medically cleared for Money In The Bank

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/11290...ment-announced
    Alexa Bliss has hardly wrestled in a long time. I said on here before Wrestlemania I was concerned for her long term health and ability to be in the ring. She seemed to come back a little but now this. Retired due to medical issues by Summerslam I'm guessing, which will be sad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Alexa Bliss has hardly wrestled in a long time. I said on here before Wrestlemania I was concerned for her long term health and ability to be in the ring. She seemed to come back a little but now this. Retired due to medical issues by Summerslam I'm guessing, which will be sad.
    Fortunately she's good enough on a mic that she can probably transition into a supporting role without much trouble

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    It's incredibly sad, because she's such a great sports entertainer.

That said because her mic skills and look are so good, I think she'll still have a very very long career in WWE if she wants it. I believe someone is going to benefit from her being their manager, because she's a great heat magnet.

Intermediary

agreed, im not a fan, but concussions forcing one into retirment is a crap way to have to go out (if that is what happens)

Im debating going to MITB - Hartford is like 20 min away but its a Sunday night and my work day starts early