Page 56 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    How does the NWA work these days?

I honestly didn't know there was still an NWA world heavyweight championship anymore?
    The NWA basically allows the champion to do what we saw at ALL In. It lets the champion travel to other promotions and defend the belt on shows. Back before the NWA shot itself in the ass in the early 2010's and led to them selling to Corgan , the champion would travel and defend the belt. It was defended on Ring of Honor and other promotions cards.

The NWA had some bad bumps along the way as we saw from the WCW and TNA situations. But really as I posted what led to the sale was the Adam Pearce/Colt Cobana situation. Pearce was considered a strong champion who had carried the belt 5 times from 2007 to 2012 and had defended it pretty solid. Anyhow the blow up came when Cobana/Pearce had a best of 7 series (the 7 levels of Hate series) where both men exchanged the belt in that span and with Pearce as champion the final match was to take place in Australia.

The NWA refused to sanction the match which angered both guys who pretty much had Cobana win the final match and refuse the title. Pearce also refused to take the title and left it. This kinda ticked things down to where it was sold a few years later to Corgan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NWA basically allows the champion to do what we saw at ALL In. It lets the champion travel to other promotions and defend the belt on shows. Back before the NWA shot itself in the ass in the early 2010's and led to them selling to Corgan , the champion would travel and defend the belt. It was defended on Ring of Honor and other promotions cards.

The NWA had some bad bumps along the way as we saw from the WCW and TNA situations. But really as I posted what led to the sale was the Adam Pearce/Colt Cobana situation. Pearce was considered a strong champion who had carried the belt 5 times from 2007 to 2012 and had defended it pretty solid. Anyhow the blow up came when Cobana/Pearce had a best of 7 series (the 7 levels of Hate series) where both men exchanged the belt in that span and with Pearce as champion the final match was to take place in Australia.

The NWA refused to sanction the match which angered both guys who pretty much had Cobana win the final match and refuse the title. Pearce also refused to take the title and left it. This kinda ticked things down to where it was sold a few years later to Corgan.
    Also, the guy who owned NWA before Corgan changed the business model of the organization that pissed off their existing partners.

I won't be suprised if the NWA World Heavyweight title is defended at Wrestle Kingdom 13.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

some people have no soul.

kudos to charlotte for handling it like she did.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

This is why some folks can't have twitter or shouldn't be allowed on it. To send that to someone who lost a brother is just insanely crazy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Wrestling fans can be the absolute worst at times.

Its not Charlotte's fault she really is the best 2nd generation Flair. She has the mic skills and ability that works and its why she's a constant champion. Because she wanted to be in the business and filled it perfect. Now yes I have complained at one time when the WWE seemingly wanted her to be Ric Flair and it thankfully passed hopefully. But she deserves her success.

Reid Flair ...its sad. Reid had the amateur wrestling background and could have been a huge star himself. But sadly drugs took hold and Reid lost his life to that. Had he not fell into that Reid likely would be a World Champion right now. Blaming Charlotte because she has talent and using it , that is wrong.

An example of "Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things" trope, Sometimes wrestling fans take the sport seriously and not ithinking smartly by bringing Toxicity.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

it not only some wrestling fans that should not have twitter. It's a lot of person that should not be a allowed a facebook or twitter account.
    Most people hide behind a PC to insult and tell other meanful things that do not have the guts to tell in person.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

charlotte even said that she didn't really consider being a wrestler full time but it all changed when reid died. so she not only does what she does for herself but for her brother.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....Jeez, why are people just plain assholes?

and we open with the sword.

braun makes good sense.

seems to be a trend.