Page 576 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 764765265665725735745755765775785795805866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think one of the things that AEW did best concerning Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) was how they demonstrated Moxley is a wild card type character etc. The WWE would proclaim "Dean Ambrose is lunatic fringe" repeatedly and never really give us anything to sell it beyond him doing things in ring that any of their stars would do. Like how they would claim how crazy someone is repeatedly yet we never see any type of that to make you see that.

So AEW his 1st night in did the SHOW...not TELL act. Which the WWE really never could do.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Ricochet has been spinning his wheels creatively since he came up, and since he split from Aleister Black he's lost multiple matches clean for no real reason after having a win streak and seems to have no sense of direction creatively.

The same is true of Ali since he came back from injury as well. Heck they just made him look like a doofus just to do the stupid Brock "twist" at MITB.

I mean WWE is still pushing Brock and Charlotte, despite people being sick of them in the top spots, and tons of talented men and women are still getting nothing to do because of it. "Building new stars" yeah not really.

Also spoilers:
    Moxley is headed to NJPW for the last night of the BOSJ tournament. Turns out he's the mystery man who's been tormenting Juice Robinson this whole time.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-27-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Moxley coming to New Japan to challenge Juice
    https://twitter.com/JonMoxley/status...132741120?s=19

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Original Specials
    WWE PC Combine 2019
    May 26, 2019
    NXT Superstars put their strength, speed and athleticism to the test in a battery of competitive events.
    TV-PG
    http://network.wwe.com/video/v252521...Context=series
    bainca can jump
    nice to see xia li stick around play cheerleader
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-27-2019 at 05:57 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its a damn shame Bret Hart had those strokes and never could wrestle anymore. The man would likely be in AEW and likely be putting over Page or someone for that title.

I don't think that WWE isn't building up new talent. Its just that the overall product has became stale and AEW is a difference maker situation where people want to see something different so bad . I'd say that the worst taste was seeing the WWE run a PPV and decide to repeat Brock Lesnar's push again like they seemingly do every year on year.

The bolded part is key.

WWE actually has a lot of new talent and has pushed them.

Just that they seem to go in a certain direction and immediately pivot back to safety: case in point, Brock winning MITB.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Moxley coming to New Japan to challenge Juice
    https://twitter.com/JonMoxley/status...132741120?s=19
    This confused me thoroughly.

I thought he signed a multi year deal with AEW?

I guess their contracts are not exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This confused me thoroughly.

I thought he signed a multi year deal with AEW?

I guess their contracts are not exclusive.
    Yeah, AEW wants as much big talent as they can get, so they'll pretty much agree to anything. If getting Jericho, Moxley and Omega means the contracts are non-exclusive then they'll offer non exclusve contracts. They NEED the talent

[/B]

The bolded part is key.

WWE actually has a lot of new talent and has pushed them.

Just that they seem to go in a certain direction and immediately pivot back to safety: case in point, Brock winning MITB.
    Looking at the current champions... Seth, Kofi, Becky, Bayley, Balor, etc I actually like a lot of them. Even Rey, despite not being new is a cool champ.

I think the problme is that you have so much talent, it's hard to really push them without coming at the expense of the current crop of top people. Guys like Seth and Balor aren't established to the point where they can put over anyone without hurting them like say a Cena could. They're not quite that bullet proof yet. The only way to get to that level is to have them almost never lose, but that in turn makes it tough to put over new talent. It's a tricky tricky balancing act.

Best case scenario might be that the new talent can deliver good enough matches even in losing efforts agianst people like Becky or Seth where they can still be elevated.

And of course there's also guys like Rey, who can be beaten at anytime.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-27-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Looking at the current champions... Seth, Kofi, Becky, Bayley, Balor, etc I actually like a lot of the current champions.

I think the problme is that you have so much talent, it's hard to really push them without coming at the expense of the current crop of top people. Guys like Seth and Balor aren't established to the point where they can put over anyone without hurting them like say a Cena could. They're not quite that bullet proof yet. The only way to get to that level is to have them almost never lose, but that in turn makes it tough to put over new talent. It's a tricky tricky balancing act.

Best case scenario might be that the new talent can deliver good enough matches even in losing efforts agianst people like Becky or Seth where they can still be elevated.

And of course there's also guys like Rey, who can be beaten at anytime.
    Very true.

I think at the moment, between NXT and the main roster, WWE might actually have a little too much talent at the moment.

It's difficult to get everyone to shine. That being said, it'll help if certain people are kept out of the limelight- like Brock.

Although, I guess it's because Brock is a draw and WWE needs the ratings right now.

Very true.

I think at the moment, between NXT and the main roster, WWE might actually have a little too much talent at the moment.

It's difficult to get everyone to shine. That being said, it'll help if certain people are kept out of the limelight- like Brock.

Although, I guess it's because Brock is a draw and WWE needs the ratings right now.
    I'm okay with Brock being involved as long as he inevitably puts someone over. I think he held the Universal title for too long, but I think him dropping it to Rollins was still a big enough deal to justify him going into Wrestlemania with the belt.

As far as MitB goes... I'm okay with him cashing it in and beating someone, provided that person or someone else beat Brock for it. If he beats Kofi fine... just have Kofi get the win back. They can do it with Rollins too, but it means a bit less because Rollins already beat him at WM.

I think in my head, Brock cashes in on the Smackdown champion so that when Smackdown moves over to FOX they have a big name credible star as their. And again, I'm okay with that as long as he puts over Kofi when the rematch happens. Or maybe someone else... whoever they build up as the next Beast Slayer. Black might be kinda cool, but it's probably way to early for him to be competing at that level.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm okay with Brock being involved as long as he inevitably puts someone over. I think he held the Universal title for too long, but I think him dropping it to Rollins was still a big enough deal to justify him going into Wrestlemania with the belt.

As far as MitB goes... I'm okay with him cashing it in and beating someone, provided that person or someone else beat Brock for it. If he beats Kofi fine... just have Kofi get the win back. They can do it with Rollins too, but it means a bit less because Rollins already beat him at WM.

I think in my head, Brock cashes in on the Smackdown champion so that when Smackdown moves over to FOX they have a big name credible star as their. And again, I'm okay with that as long as he puts over Kofi when the rematch happens. Or maybe someone else... whoever they build up as the next Beast Slayer. Black might be kinda cool, but it's probably way to early for him to be competing at that level.
    I agree with all of this.

I think Black might be too early but he's someone that could be in the frame somewhere down the line.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Im happy for more variety in wrestling but some of AEW's more "hardcore fans" keep trying to overstate the situation. and also its annoying to see the line repeated that WWE isn't building up any new talent....um have these people been ignoring ricochet and ali? WWE has been building them up since they got to the main roster!
    every fandom has shitty fans. i just really ignore them and enjoy the product.

while ricc hasn't suffered as much as other NXT call-ups, he's still not where he should be.

I agree with all of this.

I think Black might be too early but he's someone that could be in the frame somewhere down the line.
    Yeah, there are a lot of NXT guys who honestly I'm unfortunately not super confidence Vince will push beyond mid-card. But I genuinely think Vince will do something with Black. Almost certainly too soon for him to get the world title now... but I don't think its at all inconcevable that he could be winning the world title at the next Wrestlemania on Smackdown at least. Smackdown usually is a bit more forgiving as far as new guys getting to the top quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    every fandom has shitty fans. i just really ignore them and enjoy the product.

while ricc hasn't suffered as much as other NXT call-ups, he's still not where he should be.
    But where should he be?

Ric OShea came in beating everybody. He was just in MITB, which tells the fans he is a top guy. The brass ring is losing to Seth or getting in the way of the Joe/Rey storyline.

The only thing left is to have good matches where he wins more than he loses until they have a championship run in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    But where should he be?

Ric OShea came in beating everybody. He was just in MITB, which tells the fans he is a top guy. The brass ring is losing to Seth or getting in the way of the Joe/Rey storyline.

The only thing left is to have good matches where he wins more than he loses until they have a championship run in mind.
    IC level would be perfect for him at this point, but like you said Joe and Rey already have a thing going. Having as much talent as the WWE has can have it's downsides. Hopefully if Joe beats Rey, Ricochet can be one of the logical contenders next in line.