Page 586 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 864865365765825835845855865875885895905966366861086 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it was designed to make the segment feel more edgy, like it was a shoot because he mentioned something he wasnt supposed to mention.
    I can't buy into that. A guy like Vince, mentioning a rival's name is a means of promotion. I can't see him approving a promo addressing them unless it's meant to be a jab at the competition. Being optimistic, maybe wanting to gauge interest from his own audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How is Meltzer not reliable?
    JBL said years ago that vince purposely leaks fake news to meltzer

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    But LordsofPain is totally reliable.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    But LordsofPain is totally reliable.
    no they aren't either

I try and get my news from fightful now

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I can't buy into that. A guy like Vince, mentioning a rival's name is a means of promotion. I can't see him approving a promo addressing them unless it's meant to be a jab at the competition. Being optimistic, maybe wanting to gauge interest from his own audience.
    sounds like it to me. because the context for why he said it just didn't make sense. he just..........mentioned AEW and that was it. no burn or underhanded comment. sami just mentioned them out of the blue.

remember when cena mentioned TNA during the summer of punk? now that's how you drop a rival's name and get the crowd interested.

I'll take Meltz over JBL.

Well then you get into the Vince Russo way of thinking, where he is convinced WWE and AEW are working together...to be fair he isn't the only one saying this

Well then you get into the Vince Russo way of thinking, where he is convinced WWE and AEW are working together...to be fair he isn't the only one saying this
    Really.....?

I saw that tweet from Russo and the guy is completely mental.

I saw that tweet from Russo and the guy is completely mental.
    not mental, bro. genius, bro. its all about the swerve, bro.

Though I believe Russo is 100% wrong about this, to play devil's advocate I can see why someone might thing there is a working relationship here.

The way Dean Ambrose exited the WWE was arguably too "nice" in that despite jobbing him quite a bit he still came off as a high profile star. And WWE released a lot of talent, like Gold Dust, Arn and Malenko, and JR right when AEW was starting up. Both shows have acknowledged each other in a 3 day span... which for the WWE at least is a bit unusual.

Again, I'm not saying Russo is right. Vince wouldn't work with AEW IMO. Just saying I can see why one might think it given how recent events have gone down. In some ways it feels like a work, even though I think it's fair to assume it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I believe Russo is 100% wrong about this, to play devil's advocate I can see why someone might thing there is a working relationship here.

The way Dean Ambrose exited the WWE was arguably too "nice" in that despite jobbing him quite a bit he still came off as a high profile star. And WWE released a lot of talent, like Gold Dust, Arn and Malenko, and JR right when AEW was starting up. Both shows have acknowledged each other in a 3 day span... which for the WWE at least is a bit unusual.

Again, I'm not saying Russo is right. Vince wouldn't work with AEW IMO. Just saying I can see why one might think it given how recent events have gone down. In some ways it feels like a work, even though I think it's fair to assume it's not.
    I don't see why WWE would do it, unless they want a controlled competition. But doesn't vince want a monopoly?

in a interview with ringside news, cody said that AEW will not do monthly PPVs.

i approve of this.

I don't see why WWE would do it, unless they want a controlled competition. But doesn't vince want a monopoly?
    Vince wouldn't do it. It wouldn't make sense. That's where the whole theory completely falls apart.

MAYBE he would consider it if AEW agreed to generate content for the WWE network, but I'm assuming at some point they'll have their own streaming platform once they get enough content.