Page 589 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 894895395795855865875885895905915925935996396891089 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    given how the E is, it's entirely possible that this happened.
    Sure, I agree it's entirely possible they decided not to push a guy they're not pushing anyways.

But to me there's no news there. WWE deciding NOT to push someone there's not pushing. That just doens't mean anything.

If it were someone they were pushing, and that push suddenly stopped I'd feel differently. But I'm not sure EC3 even wrestled a match on the main roster prior to Ambrose.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure, I agree it's entirely possible they decided not to push a guy they're not pushing anyways.

But to me there's no news there. WWE deciding NOT to push someone there's not pushing. That just doens't mean anything.

If it were someone they were pushing, and that push suddenly stopped I'd feel differently. But I'm not sure EC3 even wrestled a match on the main roster prior to Ambrose.

But the thing with EC3 is his being taken off TV after totally losing almost all his matches.

It's not about his being pushed as much as it is that he's been totally blacked out.

That's a pretty terrible position to be in after being called up from NXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But the thing with EC3 is his being taken off TV after totally losing almost all his matches.

It's not about his being pushed as much as it is that he's been totally blacked out.

That's a pretty terrible position to be in after being called up from NXT.
    Honestly they're probably doing him a favor by taking him off TV. Prior to punishing him, he was being used pretty poorly. He probably needs to be taken off TV for a bit, then brought back when they actually have something for him.

I'd say put him back in NXT but truthfully they barely did anything with him in NXT.

Ultimate Member

Honestly they're probably doing him a favor by taking him off TV. Prior to punishing him, he was being used pretty poorly. He probably needs to be taken off TV for a bit, then brought back when they actually have something for him.

I'd say put him back in NXT but truthfully they barely did anything with him in NXT.
    I would agree that he should be used better. If he's being taken off TV to be re-tooled, then that's fine I guess (i'm honestly not the biggest EC3 fan and i really feel he does need some re-tooling).

But this still speaks to mishandling of talent. Like, what's the point of calling him up without any plan for him at all?

It's stuff like this that strikes me as being utterly bizarre. Why not just leave him develop something better in NXT?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I would agree that he should be used better. If he's being taken off TV to be re-tooled, then that's fine I guess (i'm honestly not the biggest EC3 fan and i really feel he does need some re-tooling).

But this still speaks to mishandling of talent. Like, what's the point of calling him up without any plan for him at all?

It's stuff like this that strikes me as being utterly bizarre. Why not just leave him develop something better in NXT?
    Honestly I'm not a big fan of his either. He was a good heel in Impact, and he's got a good look. He can talk okay too. But his in-ring never impressed me. He's not terrible, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over him not being pushed to the top either. Of all the NXT call ups, he's close to the bottom on my personal list of guys I want to see pushed.

Why they called him up is a good question. Really none of the people from that particular batch of NXT call ups did a whole lot at first. They were just kind of there. They at least did have a long term plan with Lacey... that was just a slow build. And Lars push getting derailed was due to issues outside of his booking. But as far as I can tell they didn't have jack for EC3 to do even prior to the Ambrose stuff. Maybe they figured he's not doing anything in NXT (as in all fairness he wasn't used all that well there either), they might as well call him up but ultimately it was pointless.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's confirmed Chris Jericho vs Hangman Page for the AEW World title at All Out in August 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's confirmed Chris Jericho vs Hangman Page for the AEW World title at All Out in August 31st.
    You can make the arguement that it's still a BIT too soon for Page, but I sure like this better than him wrestling PAC for the title in their very first PPV. Not sure Page should win though. I think inevitably Jericho should put someone else over as he obviously doesn't need the belt, but they might wanna have him carry the belt for awhile just because he's a big name.

You can make the arguement that it's still a BIT too soon for Page, but I sure like this better than him wrestling PAC for the title in their very first PPV. Not sure Page should win though. I think inevitably Jericho should put someone else over as he obviously doesn't need the belt, but they might wanna have him carry the belt for awhile just because he's a big name.
    Jericho appears to be a lock to be carrying both the IWGP Heavy and AEW World at the same time for cross promotion.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's two shows before All Out so AEW can build Page in those shows.

PAC has apparently created problems backstage at AEW already.

Hard to say if it's kayfabe or not yet ... AEW is so new ... it's exciting!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    PAC has apparently created problems backstage at AEW already.

Hard to say if it's kayfabe or not yet ... AEW is so new ... it's exciting!
    I imagine that booking a wrestler who is a champion in another organization can logistically difficult sometimes, since they obviously have a vested interest in protecting their title and brand even when working in another organization. He'll probably be easier to book once he drops the belt, whenever that will be.

I imagine that booking a wrestler who is a champion in another organization can logistically difficult sometimes, since they obviously have a vested interest in protecting their title and brand even when working in another organization. He'll probably be easier to book once he drops the belt, whenever that will be.
    You know what? I forgot he was a current champ. Maybe he or the other promotion didn't want him to job or look weak? I could see that actually ...

I dunno ... Page was pretty over during the match. He could work if he's involved in a chase for the title against a really good heel (like Jericho).

Luchasaurus, Kassidy, Kiss, Nakazawa, MJF, and Havoc were pretty over, too, but not people I'd hang your first major on.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I dunno ... Page was pretty over during the match. He could work if he's involved in a chase for the title against a really good heel (like Jericho).

Luchasaurus, Kassidy, Kiss, Nakazawa, MJF, and Havoc were pretty over, too, but not people I'd hang your first major on.
    Page looked good and was over, so I can totally see why he won that (nepotism aside).

That said, I honestly thought MJF should have won. For the record I don't watch a whole lot of wrestling outside of the WWE so I didn't even really know who MJF was outside of reading about him on the net here and there, but he really knew how to play to the crowd and draw heat. He got over with me instantly and I barely knew who he even was.

But I suppose if Jericho was going to win, you needed a face to chase. I'll wager if Omega had beat Jericho, MJF would have been the more likely person to chase the belt.