Page 590 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 904905405805865875885895905915925935946006406901090 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Pac isn't just Dragon Gate's champion, he's also got an unbeaten streak going on there. They've lost several of their top guys recently, so they're building up Pac as this unstoppable monster so that hopefully whomever beats him eventually we be established as a new top guy. And other promotions (RPW, OTT, etc) have been willing to play ball in this regard by having Pac's matches end in DQ's, time limit draws, etc. But AEW doesn't want to do stuff like that right now, and Dragon Gate doesn't want him losing in another promotion while they're doing this story with him. So it's a case of two ideas clashing.

Also Japanese promotions tend to be very protective of their top champions in general. They don't lose in other promotions as champions except for VERY rare/specific and pre-agreed upon situations. For example, Okada might wrestle in ROH, but he ain't losing there while he's champion, NJPW wouldn't allow it.

I think that it'd be different if Pac weren't the champion.

Also BeastieRunner, I doubt that Jericho is beating Okada. NJPW and AEW don't have a working relationship right now and while I'll never say never, they've surprised me in the past, I don't see what they gain by putting the title on Jericho when he's not even full-time with them?

Intermediary

I am familiar with MJF because I go to more independent shows than I should, and he is going to be a HUGE STAR

He is 24, started training at 19, and he gets it

I'd def position him as a top antagonist

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Also BeastieRunner, I doubt that Jericho is beating Okada. NJPW and AEW don't have a working relationship right now and while I'll never say never, they've surprised me in the past, I don't see what they gain by putting the title on Jericho when he's not even full-time with them?
    A lot, actually. Jericho puts butts in seats and pops sub rates. I really think AEW/NJPW have a sort of working agreement ... The AEW belt looks a lot like the IWGP & I think that is on purpose. Kayfabe is still king in Japan and I wouldn't be surprised if AEW tries to create a new version of that. Hence the backstage stuff with Jericho, Moxley, Page, and Omega that comes off more like a smark might expect a real backstage disagreement might go.

Either way it goes, it's fun to be a fan right now! So much is new and unexpected. Lots to speculate and dream about ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

NJPW has already said themselves that there's no working agreement with AEW, at least not yet. And Okada's their ace.

Well the WWE backstage issue appears to be legit because Forbes picked it up and verified sources. And a stock warning was issued, which I hope means board people will finally pressure Vince to step down.

WWE Morale Is 'The Worst It's Ever Been,' And Vince McMahon Is Taking The Blame.

WWE has 17-21 men & women ready to sitout. The biggest ones being all but Charlotte of the Four Horsewomen.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Intermediary

the board, if they so vote, can actually remove Vince from day to day operations and it can happen a couple different ways

- a vote of no confidence
    - a vote to elect a new CEO, COO, President - basically a new "management" slate

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-01-2019 at 02:42 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so apparently, brock is cashing in his MITB case on monday, after steph dropped a vid reading him the riot act.

Extraordinary Member

So who is watching Takeover?

first up, the king of bros, vs. the messiah of the backbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So who is watching Takeover?
    Can't watch it until later, but I can't help but think in Triple H's mind that will be HIS response to Double or Nothing.

Triple H obviously doesn't have control over the main roster... that's still Vince. But I think in Triple H's mind at least, he wants to show he can outdo them with Take Over.

goddamn, that was hellish!

matt riddle wins it.

**** me, what a match!

up next, fatal 4 way ladder match for the tag straps.