Page 598 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 984985485885945955965975985996006016026086486981098 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, I think the point was to go up against AEW.

If the genuinely can't fill the arena then sure that's a problem. But as far as viewership, since it's a UK PPV I don't think they were necessarily expectng a lot of people to watch it live anyways. It's on the Network for free, so people watching it later isn't a huge deal to them.
    Actually the point was to go up against New Japan's UK show. WWE is not in the business of losing money just to fuck their rivals. Network views ain't gonna make up for this show bombing locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Actually the point was to go up against New Japan's UK show. WWE is not in the business of losing money just to fuck their rivals. Network views ain't gonna make up for this show bombing locally.
    In the UK they watch it on the network too, if I'm not mistaken. So whether or not people actually watch it LIVE isn't that huge a deal honestly, as long as they're paying for the network.

Though I'll admit if no one shows up to the actual event that's a problem.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

yeah. mox was right. that's too dark. and it would've been all on him if he said it.
    I guess I am just too old school. A heel can't be to dark for me. That's a PG line.

People bemoan the loss of TV-14, but don't want bad guys to be offensive

In the UK they watch it on the network too, if I'm not mistaken. So whether or not people actually watch it LIVE isn't that huge a deal honestly, as long as they're paying for the network.

Though I'll admit if no one shows up to the actual event that's a problem.
    Or they can watch the rugby game. This is a colossal screw up on whoever booked the date and start time. This wasn't worth screwing over New Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Or they can watch the rugby game. This is a colossal screw up on whoever booked the date and start time. This wasn't worth screwing over New Japan.
    Again, because the WWE is on the network they can watch both. Watch the Rugby game, and watch NXT later. As long as you're paying the monthly fee of the network, it doens't matter that much whether or not you watch the even life. The only area it potentially effects the WWE monetarily is if at the gate, if no one shows up to the actual live event.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I guess I am just too old school. A heel can't be to dark for me. That's a PG line.

Nah, it's long past time to cut the carny crap like that out of wrestling. Screw old school.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

Personally I'm not bothered by it, provided Roman himself was okay with the line. It's fiction,and I know Roman and Ambrose are best friends, so if he were to say the line I wouldn't be that huge a deal to me personally (though I get why Ambrose would refuse).

That said, taking advertisors into consideration is always smart from a business perspective. You can't walk on eggs shells over it, but you can't completely ignore it either. Hard to say exactly what qualifies as crossing the line... Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal ruffled feathers, but they got away with the Saudi Arabia shows without any sponsors making a fuss. What gets through and what doesn't is tough to guage.

Ultimate Member

I was trying to figure out what was bugging me about Charlotte's promo last night. Becky cut a really good promo, Lacey cut basically the same promo that she always does, but she at least delivered it well, but Charlotte was "off." And then I realized, she's acting way tuo smug and happy and laughing here. She got embarrassed by Bayley, she should feel more angry and frustrated, but she's pretty much the same.

And that's a problem that I have with Charlotte's booking, they refuse to let her character evolve. They sort of teased it awhile back where it felt like she was going more "psycho," becoming more violent, unstable, and crazy after all her failures, and it was kind of interesting. But then they just, stopped and reverted her back to the "arrogant entitled" heel that she's been all along. It felt like a waste of potential.

Astonishing Member

819 829 kofi woods vs kevin zayn (so far better than raw)
    851 852 electric elias vs r-truth
    913 922 carmella vs alexa vs charotte
    949 956
    20 minutes of wrestling (1200 seconds/7200 seconds)
    now 20freaking5live
    tozowa vs gulak 13 minutes 42 seconds i would not want to be on the recieving end of an oney lorcan chop 14 minutes 42 seconds (1704 total seconds of wrestling)
    Interesting position about NXT UK though is that despite this being competition, it's the WWE's third string show. They can't really lose because they can't really win. So if they even hold their own, and get a few people who would otherwise pay 50 bucks for AEWs show, then odds are WWE will walk away from the night happy. It's on the Network, so I'm not sure they expect everyone to really watch it live anyways.
    nope on demand on my time
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6173904/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
    1 5 16
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshi-Hashi + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinsuke_Nakamura vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Omega + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.J._Styles
    1 30 16
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinsuke_Nakamura + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomohiro_Ishii
    vs
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsuyori_Shibata + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirooki_Goto + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Tanahashi
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-06-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Been reading a lot of stuff about Sasha Banks and I think it’s best for her to leave.

The whole feud between her and Charlotte really messed her up (that plus the quick tag team title reign).

She definitely needs a new start somewhere else because WWE doesn’t appear to have anything for her at all.

so imagine your roman and are approached about the idea of having dean say those lines and then asked "are you ok with it??" that's a real shitty position to be in.

to me it doesn't matter who's ok with what, that's just in xtremely bad taste and wouldn't have added shit to anything. and then remember they ended up having dean turn back babyface in pretty short order. fuk.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    Jon Moxley is the new IWGP US Champion.
    end of spoilers

As for SDL, An entire roster full of talented women on SDL, and they give Alexa, a Raw star, the title shot instead. And this is AFTER Bayley said she wanted to "build the SDL Women's Division." Yep sounds like Vince alright, gotta push his favorites. Hope you're watching Sasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Been reading a lot of stuff about Sasha Banks and I think it’s best for her to leave.

The whole feud between her and Charlotte really messed her up (that plus the quick tag team title reign).

She definitely needs a new start somewhere else because WWE doesn’t appear to have anything for her at all.
    I agree. A lot of the talent that left the WWE have went on to great success after being creatively stifled. Cody Rhodes, PAC, Jack Swagger, Rich Swann and obviously Moxley. It's definitely time for her to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    spoilers:
    Jon Moxley is the new IWGP US Champion.
    end of spoilers

As for SDL, An entire roster full of talented women on SDL, and they give Alexa, a Raw star, the title shot instead. And this is AFTER Bayley said she wanted to "build the SDL Women's Division." Yep sounds like Vince alright, gotta push his favorites. Hope you're watching Sasha.
    It's a good match up for Bayley if Bayley actually wins (and thats obviously an IF). Bayley came up short against Alexa last time they feuded, so actually winning would help Bayley a lot. Conversely, if Bayley comes up short it hurts her.

That said, if Alexa's condition is questionable I'm not sure they are going to give her the belt. But we'll see. Hopefully she's fine either way.

It's a good match up for Bayley if Bayley actually wins (and thats obviously an IF). Bayley came up short against Alexa last time they feuded, so actually winning would help Bayley a lot. Conversely, if Bayley comes up short it hurts her.

That said, if Alexa's condition is questionable I'm not sure they are going to give her the belt. But we'll see. Hopefully she's fine either way.
    I doubt Alexa being in questionable condition will stop them from putting the belt on her if that's what they want. The length of a reign doesn't matter to them. Alexa went 5 months without defending her title during one of her reigns.