Page 599 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 994995495895955965975985996006016026036096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,985 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt Alexa being in questionable condition will stop them from putting the belt on her if that's what they want. The length of a reign doesn't matter to them. Alexa went 5 months without defending her title during one of her reigns.
    Sure, they could do it if they want. It's fictional afterall, so they can do whatever they want.

I just think they threw Alexa in there as good filler to give Bayley a high profile opponent (and possibly a high profile win), because Alexa seems to have some sort of angle going with Nikki on RAW, so I don't think they're having her switch brands.

But ya never know. Maybe it's sort of a swap for Smackdown losing Becky. Seeing Charlotte and Alexa on the same brand could be interesting.

Ultimate Member

Meanwhile that stacked SDL Women's Roster is stuck doing nothing. Hey remember that Asuka & Kairi were supposed to be a tag team? WWE doesn't seem to. Hey what's Ember doing, nothing. Sonya's basically just Mandy's cheerleader right now.

It ain't helping the perception that Vince is still playing favorites when these three are the top contenders. Poor Kairi came up to the MR at the worst possible time it would seem, and we missed out on potentially seeing her vs. Io at a Takeover, for THIS. And the idea of Asuka's last years in the ring being wasted as an afterthought in WWE makes me sad,

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Meanwhile that stacked SDL Women's Roster is stuck doing nothing. Hey remember that Asuka & Kairi were supposed to be a tag team? WWE doesn't seem to. Hey what's Ember doing, nothing. Sonya's basically just Mandy's cheerleader right now.

It ain't helping the perception that Vince is still playing favorites when these three are the top contenders. Poor Kairi came up to the MR at the worst possible time it would seem, and we missed out on potentially seeing her vs. Io at a Takeover, for THIS. And the idea of Asuka's last years in the ring being wasted as an afterthought in WWE makes me sad,
    I think Asuka and airi will win the tag belts at Summerslam, or at least compete for it at that event. Could be wrong of course... but that would be my guess. It's not like there are a whole lot of face tag teams out there right now. In hindsight a womens tag divsion might not have been necessary since there doesn't really seem to be the depth for one.

I suppose Smackdown could have a more competitive division if they're willing to do more face vs face matches. Bayley beating Asuka, Kairi, and Ember would definately help establish her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Asuka and airi will win the tag belts at Summerslam, or at least compete for it at that event. Could be wrong of course... but that would be my guess. It's not like there are a whole lot of face tag teams out there right now. In hindsight a womens tag divsion might not have been necessary since there doesn't really seem to be the depth for one.

I suppose Smackdown could have a more competitive division if they're willing to do more face vs face matches. Bayley beating Asuka, Kairi, and Ember would definately help establish her.
    The lack of depth is a problem of the company's making. If they bothered to built the division it would not be a problem. Off the top of my head they have Sonya/Mandy, Alexa/Mickie, Riott Squad (Sarah & Liv). Hell, Charlotte and Lacey could have been a team but they killed it before it could take root.

Ultimate Member

And if they wouldn't have had Sasha & Bayley and The Riott Squad face each other in those meaningless tag matches on Raw for months, only to inexplicably break them both up out of nowhere once the tag division started to get build, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

There's also NXT Women as well (Candice LeRae and Kacy Catanzaro talked about going after the tag belts, yet that hasn't been mentioned since), and they were teasing something with Becky and Nikki Cross for a couple of weeks, only to drop it, etc.

But given how those belts have been booked since Mania, winning them won't mean much anyway. WWE clearly doesn't care about them. And it still doesn't fix the problem of Vince shoving Charlotte and Alexa back into the title picture AGAIN despite people being sick of them being there.

And if they wouldn't have had Sasha & Bayley and The Riott Squad face each other in those meaningless tag matches on Raw for months, only to inexplicably break them both up out of nowhere once the tag division started to get build, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

There's also NXT Women as well (Candice LeRae and Kacy Catanzaro talked about going after the tag belts, yet that hasn't been mentioned since), and they were teasing something with Becky and Nikki Cross for a couple of weeks, only to drop it, etc.

But given how those belts have been booked since Mania, winning them won't mean much anyway. WWE clearly doesn't care about them. And it still doesn't fix the problem of Vince shoving Charlotte and Alexa back into the title picture AGAIN despite people being sick of them being there.
    Alexa hasn't been a champion since last August... that's almost a year. If you're genuinely sick of her in the title scene after that much time, I think the issue is more that you simply don't like her.

Fantastic Member

..no love for Mox as New Japan US Champ??

Alexa hasn't been a champion since last August... that's almost a year. If you're genuinely sick of her in the title scene after that much time, I think the issue is more that you simply don't like her.
    Alexa got concussed shortly after losing the title. Even when she was cleared they kept her out of the ring. If they weren't pushing Ronda so hard at the time Alexa would have been on top again. Booking is usually one sided in her favor when she is on top and I'm not interested in seeing her bury her opponents to make her look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Hopefully Moxley winning the belt will do the title some good. Juice hasn't been looked strong in his two reigns as champion.

Astonishing Member

Yep. The elephant in the room is that Vince can't or is unwilling to push multiple women's champs. The Asuka thing was the nail in the coffin.

Just give have the women's title on Raw and the tag on SD.

The only women that the network cares about is Charlotte and Becky.

Wild card foolishness takes care of that.

Raw Women
    Becky
    Charlotte
    Bliss
    Bayley
    Mickie
    Nattie
    Nia
    Naomi
    Lacey

Smackdown women
    Kabuki Warriors- Kairi and Asuka
    Riott Squad- Ruby and Nikki
    Fire and Desire: Sonja and Mandy
    Iconics
    The Valkries : Ember and Sarah Logan
    Showtime: Mella and Morgan.

So Alexa Bliss and Nattie is going to Jeddah. What will have them do at Super Showdown and is it a good idea considering how women are treated there.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...83272227565569

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So Alexa Bliss and Nattie is going to Jeddah. What will have them do at Super Showdown and is it a good idea considering how women are treated there.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/sta...83272227565569
    I doubt it will be a problem. They wouldn't be going unless they got permission from the government.

They will be treated as guests.

Live better than 99% of their citizens.

Do some commercial or vignette pushing how great MBS is

Then off to the next country.

Extraordinary Member

Probably the weirdest thing with as stacked of a roster as WWE has is that you think the problem would just be that possible upper-card guys and gals would just be overshadowed by other upper card guys and gals, leading to an insanely crowded mid-card. But that’s not the problem; if anything stuff like the “wild card” rule has reduced the amount of active roster members who see TV in half, since Vince is convinced that they need to bulk up the people he thinks are the top guys by featuring them every week and for the life of him can’t see anybody he has as viable and great midcarders.

I mean, reports say he had HHH bring up the NXT talent early because he didn’t think he had enough midcarders for Wrestlemania.

It’s an obsession with scripted promos and lack of faith in his roster that’s smothering Raw and Smackdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Oh, I loved Mox in NJPW! He leaves WWE and less than two months later his first match is an intense brawl that gets him a belt, a metal nickname of “DEATH RIDER”, and an opportunity to try and bite a guy’s face off!

It’s fantastic!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Jon Moxley is the new IWGP US Champion.
    end of spoilers
    on axs tv friday

49 minutes 27 seconds 2940 total seconds nxt
    nxt uk 6 5 19 49 m 2 seconds 2942 total seconds 1152 (1704 total seconds of wrestling)
    the hunt (wild boar and primate) vs tyson-tbone and saxon huxley 448 830 3m 42 seconds 222 seconds
    kay lee ray vs kasey owens 1433 1816 3 m 43 seconds 223 seconds
    joe coffey (beast) vs dave mastiff (beast) vs jordan devlin vs travis banks 3544 4731 11 m 47 seconds 707 seconds

2 11 16 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6197430/?ref_=tt_ep_nx (2654 total seconds of wrestling) 3600 total seconds of episode
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomohiro_Ishii v https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsuyori_Shibata (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEVER_...t_Championship) 18 minutes 47 1127 seconds
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirooki_Goto v https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuchika_Okada (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_H...t_Championship) 25 minutes 27 seconds 1527 seconds
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-06-2019 at 04:43 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yep. The elephant in the room is that Vince can't or is unwilling to push multiple women's champs. The Asuka thing was the nail in the coffin.

Just give have the women's title on Raw and the tag on SD.

The only women that the network cares about is Charlotte and Becky.

Wild card foolishness takes care of that.

Raw Women
    Becky
    Charlotte
    Bliss
    Bayley
    Mickie
    Nattie
    Nia
    Naomi
    Lacey

Smackdown women
    Kabuki Warriors- Kairi and Asuka
    Riott Squad- Ruby and Nikki
    Fire and Desire: Sonja and Mandy
    Iconics
    The Valkries : Ember and Sarah Logan
    Showtime: Mella and Morgan.
    The bolded part is a big problem. The female championships have had the same people hovering around them for the last few weeks.

There's lots of talented women on the roster, throw some of them into the mix and not constantly have Charlotte chasing the titles.