Page 6 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 234567891016561065061006 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NWO didn't have a conclusion which killed things. Had they actually booked the end angle at Starrcade 1997 and started a new one then folks could have said the NWO would have went down as a great storyline. And well it for 2+ years made a **** ton of money. It spurred the WWF to compete again as we saw.

And as far as the entire roster goes , Vince literally booked The Shield as a strong heel faction with 3 guys who beat up various guys for a long while til they got massively over. Which really the WWE could do here. But given how he's failed with NWA , WCW/ECW , NWO 2K2 and Nexus invasions...I doubt he could do this.
    If they are booked like the Shield it's not a problem. Shield wasn't an invasion ... just 3 guys called up from developmental that were a dominant stable. It's not that different from say undisputed era.

If they are just a stable within the company rather than outsiders trying to invade it, it's not an issue of 3 guys vs 70.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they are booked like the Shield it's not a problem. Shield wasn't an invasion ... just 3 guys called up from developmental that were a dominant stable. It's not that different from say undisputed era.

If they are just a stable within the company rather than outsiders trying to invade it, it's not an issue of 3 guys vs 70.

They were a "quasi" invading stable of 3 guys. 2 were from developments like FCW right when it was renamed NXT by the company in 2012. Its not like the general audience knew on a big level who Roman Reigns , Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins were at this stage. But the WWE took that and used it to push them as the new thing and had them literally daring the roster to challenge them and leading beat downs for a long while.

They were seen as being "outside" the WWE as they'd come through the crowd etc. So its what clicked and the push worked. Its the same way here. You are gonna get some stars for the future but you make them a big deal. Of course as mentioned , Vince has failed booking invasions as he gets scared at how to run them. Or if his company doesn't win ASAP. Losing out on hooking viewers long term to see if these invaders are worth a **** and can hang around.

As much grief as Bischoff gets , he understood one thing he started. The NWO had to be a strong invading force. They had to hold off the roster and be made to hook viewers into watching. And it CLICKED massively then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

card subject to change
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

They were a "quasi" invading stable of 3 guys. 2 were from developments like FCW right when it was renamed NXT by the company in 2012. Its not like the general audience knew on a big level who Roman Reigns , Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins were at this stage. But the WWE took that and used it to push them as the new thing and had them literally daring the roster to challenge them and leading beat downs for a long while.

They were seen as being "outside" the WWE as they'd come through the crowd etc. So its what clicked and the push worked. Its the same way here. You are gonna get some stars for the future but you make them a big deal. Of course as mentioned , Vince has failed booking invasions as he gets scared at how to run them. Or if his company doesn't win ASAP. Losing out on hooking viewers long term to see if these invaders are worth a **** and can hang around.

As much grief as Bischoff gets , he understood one thing he started. The NWO had to be a strong invading force. They had to hold off the roster and be made to hook viewers into watching. And it CLICKED massively then.
    The announcers flat out said the Shield were from devrlopmemtal, so it was no secret. Heck, I think they ended up being revealed as Triples h's henchmen before their face turn.

Plus, unlike the Shield it's questionable whether the Elite are stars of the future. Because thru have already proven they can earn a good living in the indys, they might not even stick around in the wwe long. The gamble is Vince might throw the wwe locker room under the bus to make them look good, only for them to leave and go back to the indys.

Vince MIGHT pay Omega a truck load of money to stay if he REALLY gets over, but that probably won't happen for the bucks. Tag teams are rarely if ever top draws.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Again unless we ever see concrete numbers on what hardcore/casual audience is for the show we'll never know.
    This is getting idiotically pedantic, so I'm just going to drop it.

That to me would be too genius to do and have those fans follow to see their heroes take down the WWE guys .
    Most ROHbots aren't going to follow the Elite to a company they've openly reviled for years.

Its what made the NWO angle work really. Those new fans suddenly believed that these cool guys were invading from WWF. Its clicked as that audience really weren't WCW fans and it grew the audience. Here the guys are running a major show with no real company behind it. You keep bringing up ROH and New Japan. Yes they are working for those companies ...but they aren't behind ALL IN. Which is astounding to see where its no company behind it and just guys who got massively over working these companies.
    The card literally looks like an ROH show with a some extras thrown in. And then there's Honor Club airing the show and Sinclair-owned WGN airing the pre-show. I don't doubt Cody and the Bucks put in a lot of the work, but thinking ROH hasn't had any input is incredibly naive.

The WWE could use that heat. They could literally use that heat and fanbase.
    They wouldn't have either one. Maybe in NXT, but an invasion by the Elite on the main roster would just be laughable.

It would mean doing an invasion arc where the WWE isn't coming out on top for months and once they do , they will have a couple major new stars there if done right.
    Invasion angles are terrible 90% of the time.

Would WWE fans actually buy Omega and the Young Bucks invading and dominating the WWE though?

It's 3 small indy guys ... mist WWE fans would likely assume Braun would single handedly beat the crap out of all 3 if them at once.
    i think they would actually as long as they strike quick & hard then make their escape.

Nwo was one thing ... that was the biggest most dominant star in the industry along with 2 main event level WWE guys who were as big as anyone in the WCW. Most casual wwe fans won't even recognize the Elite.
    i think the casual WWE fan has changed and is a lot more aware of the ongoings outside the WWE.

They could invade nxt. But the main roster is another matter entirely.
    i'm not saying the whole thing is a good or bad idea, but if they were going to do something i'd make it a personal issue rather than an "invasion" so they're not attacking the WWE they're attacking certain people for a certain reason and not trying to take over or destroy the company.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I would buy into Omega leading an invasion (perhaps with Cody or some other people that aren't the Bucks) if it was to have a super feud with an old-timer mega heel stable ... like Cena/Orton/Jericho.

#SaveWWE
    #OmegaSaves

And the like. As long as it ends with retirement matches.
    who else would make sense though?? hangman page??

Hall and Nash after the fact said how stupid it was that 2-3 guys were able to dominate an entire roster. It helped WCW short term, but also hurt the brand long term because it cemented the notion that WWE was superior to WCW. Just 3 wwe invaders can dominate 30 WCW guys.

Vince won't book 3 new Japan guys to be better than his entire locke room. Not on the main roster at least. Nxt is a possibility.

And yes ... if the Elite triple team Braun there's a 50/50 shot they can beat him down. Problem being the Elite don't have the numbers here. If the wwe locke room empties they won't be beating them off the way Nwo did wcw.
    that's an easy fix, the elite have friends on the inside of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    This is getting idiotically pedantic, so I'm just going to drop it.

Most ROHbots aren't going to follow the Elite to a company they've openly reviled for years.

The card literally looks like an ROH show with a some extras thrown in. And then there's Honor Club airing the show and Sinclair-owned WGN airing the pre-show. I don't doubt Cody and the Bucks put in a lot of the work, but thinking ROH hasn't had any input is incredibly naive.

They wouldn't have either one. Maybe in NXT, but an invasion by the Elite on the main roster would just be laughable.

Invasion angles are terrible 90% of the time.
    that's still a thing??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think they would actually as long as they strike quick & hard then make their escape.

i think the casual WWE fan has changed and is a lot more aware of the ongoings outside the WWE.

i'm not saying the whole thing is a good or bad idea, but if they were going to do something i'd make it a personal issue rather than an "invasion" so they're not attacking the WWE they're attacking certain people for a certain reason and not trying to take over or destroy the company.

who else would make sense though?? hangman page??

that's an easy fix, the elite have friends on the inside of the company.

that's still a thing??
    Certainly if the Elite were to join up with the other Bullet Club guys, it doubles their numbers and gives them instant credibility as they have 2 legit wwe main eventers in the group right put of the gate.

It potentially hinders Omega potential push as he would likely be the number 3 guy rather than the number 1 guy behind AJ and Finn, but he can probably turn on them later I suppose.

But yeah, it overall helps the angle a lot. AJ and Balor are already considered wwe guys at this point, so there's no perception of outsiders being superior to the wwe.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

But yeah, it overall helps the angle a lot. AJ and Balor are already considered wwe guys at this point, so there's no perception of outsiders being superior to the wwe.
    I don't see AJ and Balor as WWE guys at all. Last year in Survivor Series the crowd chanted "New Japan" when Balor and Shinsuke were in the ring together. WWE continues to invoke Bullet Club to get Balor over with their audience.

Ultimate Member

Would WWE fans actually buy Omega and the Young Bucks invading and dominating the WWE though?

It's 3 small indy guys ... mist WWE fans would likely assume Braun would single handedly beat the crap out of all 3 if them at once.

Nwo was one thing ... that was the biggest most dominant star in the industry along with 2 main event level WWE guys who were as big as anyone in the WCW. Most casual wwe fans won't even recognize the Elite.

They could invade nxt. But the main roster is another matter entirely.
    Yeah, Omega and the Young Bucks don't look dominating at all.

Nash and Hall were very big guys but even at that, it was still ridiculous that a couple of guys could just dominate the entire roster.

Maybe for isolated feuds against some stables but those (Omega and Bucks) are too darn small to dominate the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see AJ and Balor as WWE guys at all. Last year in Survivor Series the crowd chanted "New Japan" when Balor and Shinsuke were in the ring together. WWE continues to invoke Bullet Club to get Balor over with their audience.
    Balor maybe, but AJ I don't think is thought of primarily as a new Japan guy. TNA guy maybe, he was only in New Japan for like 2 year. His WWE time is about that long and will likely surpass it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Omega and the Young Bucks don't look dominating at all.

Nash and Hall were very big guys but even at that, it was still ridiculous that a couple of guys could just dominate the entire roster.

Maybe for isolated feuds against some stables but those (Omega and Bucks) are too darn small to dominate the roster.
    I think the easiest feud would be either against New Day (due to his history with Xavier Woods) or the Club (AJ and the good brothers).

The Elite can't feud with the entire ri6ster, but there are several 3 man stables they could feud with on Smackdown with built in rivalries.

Balor maybe, but AJ I don't think is thought of primarily as a new Japan guy. TNA guy maybe, he was only in New Japan for like 2 year. His WWE time is about that long and will likely surpass it.
    If you ask me, the two years AJ spent in New Japan is better than the decade he was in TNA.

Next Monday Renee Young will be replacing the coach on commentary. I hope she does a good enough job it becomes permanent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Next Monday Renee Young will be replacing the coach on commentary. I hope she does a good enough job it becomes permanent.
    I would love to see a heel Renee Young, especially if Dean turns as well.

Cena is hyping a new finish for his return.

I bet it's a shitty shoot kick.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-09-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium