Page 603 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1035035535935996006016026036046056066076136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,045 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Moxley and KENTA will be in the G1 this year. Hype!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Moxley and KENTA will be in the G1 this year. Hype!
    ratings boost for axs tv
    https://twitter.com/stevo2275/status...45233045647360
    https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/st...34436244611073
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-09-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Moxley vs. Suzuki.

Moxley vs. Ishii.

Moxley vs. Okada.

Moxley vs. Ibushi.

Moxley vs. Naito.

Those are my top five "want" matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Moxley vs. Suzuki.

Moxley vs. Ishii.

Moxley vs. Okada.

Moxley vs. Ibushi.

Moxley vs. Naito.

Those are my top five "want" matches.
    I think Naito and Ibushi are in the same block this year. Might get to see 2 of them!

EDIT:
    Blocks will announced next week officially but it sounds like Mox will be with Ishii and Suzuki out of your dream list.

And isn't Jericho in this G-1, too!? Might be the most stacked G-1 since 20! HYPE!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-09-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

AEW giving Moxley the same contract flexibility that Jericho has to go to NJPW is whip smart right now. He’s in a high quality product right now while AEW’s TV show is getting set up, winning a belt and getting his reinvigorated persona fleshed out and exposed to an international audience against top notch competition. And drawing attention from WWE fans towards NJPW likely also plays a part in any future plans AEW might have to replace ROH as a partner should ROH become a less sexy partner.

It also makes sense considering the fact that AEW likely understands that it’s long term survivability might be located in convincing the hard-core, internet active smarks who already pay attention to NJPW to see AEW and it’s roster as something they have to pay attention to, once AEW actually premiers, even if Raw and Smackdown manage to pull out of its current deep dive and in spite of NXT probably being an equal or greater product thanks to HHH’s vision and WWE’s resources.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    AEW giving Moxley the same contract flexibility that Jericho has to go to NJPW is whip smart right now. He’s in a high quality product right now while AEW’s TV show is getting set up, winning a belt and getting his reinvigorated persona fleshed out and exposed to an international audience against top notch competition. And drawing attention from WWE fans towards NJPW likely also plays a part in any future plans AEW might have to replace ROH as a partner should ROH become a less sexy partner.

It also makes sense considering the fact that AEW likely understands that it’s long term survivability might be located in convincing the hard-core, internet active smarks who already pay attention to NJPW to see AEW and it’s roster as something they have to pay attention to, once AEW actually premiers, even if Raw and Smackdown manage to pull out of its current deep dive and in spite of NXT probably being an equal or greater product thanks to HHH’s vision and WWE’s resources.
    Yeah, I do think down the linke NJ will end up kicking ROH to the side for AEW. THey talk loyalty right now and I can respect that... but AEW seems like such the much cooler option.

I think AEW will end up hurting ROH and Impact more than it does WWE in the long run. It replaces their niche as the premier WWE alternative, and will likely draw away all the hot indy talent.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I do think down the linke NJ will end up kicking ROH to the side for AEW. THey talk loyalty right now and I can respect that... but AEW seems like such the much cooler option.

I think AEW will end up hurting ROH and Impact more than it does WWE in the long run. It replaces their niche as the premier WWE alternative, and will likely draw away all the hot indy talent.
    When has Impact ever been an alternative? It's been WWE lite for years.

Extraordinary Member

Woods, AJ, and Breeze had a cameo in Microsoft's E3 conference

When has Impact ever been an alternative? It's been WWE lite for years.
    There were a couple years there pre-Hogan era which it could sort of say it was a WWE alternative. And even right now you can say it to a degree. Or at least you can say it to the same degree AEW is an alternative. If anything you can argue they're relying less on WWE star power than AEW is.

There were a couple years there pre-Hogan era which it could sort of say it was a WWE alternative. And even right now you can say it to a degree. Or at least you can say it to the same degree AEW is an alternative. If anything you can argue they're relying less on WWE star power than AEW is.
    I watch current Impact here and there and they don't differentiate themselves enough to be a true alternative. The angle they are doing with Su Yung feels like a cheap attempt to replicate the success of Broken Matt. They still depend on talent that largely made their name in WWE. If not WWE then Lucha Underground who they are partnered with. Moose is the best homegrown guy they got but they screw the pooch with him when he didn't beat Aries for the belt.

I watch current Impact here and there and they don't differentiate themselves enough to be a true alternative. The angle they are doing with Su Yung feels like a cheap attempt to replicate the success of Broken Matt. They still depend on talent that largely made their name in WWE. If not WWE then Lucha Underground who they are partnered with. Moose is the best homegrown guy they got but they screw the pooch with him when he didn't beat Aries for the belt.
    Broken Matt was created in Impact though... so I'm not sure that counts as them copying the WWE. They technically did the Broken Matt stuff first.

Extraordinary Member

There *was* a time where TnA was different enough and quality enough to at least exist in a niche underneath WWE as something that could produce quality wrestling with a different feel than WWE. The different ring and the X-Division, plus an eventually emerging women’s division gave it some genuine strength, just nowhere near WWE’s league. It was a welterweight compared to WWE’s superheavyweight... but you can survive there.

It’s when they tried to challenge the ‘E at the ‘E’s own game and with WCW tactics that they fell to their nadir.

AEW may have ambitions of becoming the Pepsi to WWE’s Coke (and more)... but long term survivability and a unique but profitable identity should be their pre-eminent goal. The good news is that there’s a chance they can do that while still portraying themselves as the underdog against WWE, provided they keep themselves entertaining and maintain an appeal to skilled wrestlers as a creative alternative to WWE. They can’t beat WWE at the ruthless businessman game... but they can at least survive as long as they maintain, at minimum, a profitable cult status, and if they can become the more entertaining product to a modern day mainstream audience (I.e., more towards the specific wrestling-friendly demographic rather than the “everyone” audience that’s disappearing for almost all forms of entertainment)... then they can go places.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

INPACT has been better than WWE for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    INPACT has been better than WWE for a few years now.
    I'd say Impact consistantly is better than RAW. But this year at least, I'd still watch Smackdown over Impact.

I think people tend to just think of RAW when they say WWE. But WWE includes Smackdown, 205 Live, NXT, and NXT UK. Thats the cool thing about WWE, it's essentially it's own alternative.

I'd say Impact consistantly is better than RAW. But this year at least, I'd still watch Smackdown over Impact.

I think people tend to just think of RAW when they say WWE. But WWE includes Smackdown, 205 Live, NXT, and NXT UK. Thats the cool thing about WWE, it's essentially it's own alternative.
    There's good here and there but for me WWE really has been down all across the board.