Page 632 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1325325826226286296306316326336346356366426827321132 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Heyman is kind of cool IF they actually let him do his thing. Bischoff is a "wait and see" situation for me however.
    I'll wager Bishoff is actually good as far as negotiating with the Fox executives and what not. Creatively he's not the "genius" that Heyman necessarily is, but I think he'll be good as far as dealing with the network on a business level. Or at least better at it than Heyman.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

first, that twitter beef with osprey. and now that interview? seth is coming off like a real douche this week

edit: https://cultaholic.com/news/seth-rol...gpA#r3z-addoor

for a guy who claims to love jon, seth really didn't do right by him in this.
    Last edited by master of read; 06-27-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    first, that twitter beef with osprey. and now that interview? seth is coming off like a real douche this week

edit: https://cultaholic.com/news/seth-rol...gpA#r3z-addoor

for a guy who claims to love jon, seth really didn't do right by him in this.
    I don't think Seth said anything that bad. He's merely sticking up for his company, something you can expect anyone in his position to do especially as champion. They can be friends without Seth necessarily agreeing with everything Jon said.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Seth said anything that bad. He's merely sticking up for his company, something you can expect anyone in his position to do especially as champion. They can be friends without Seth necessarily agreeing with everything Jon said.
    100% on board with what Seth said (while also thinking there's a lot of validity to Jon Ambrose's happiness), I think there's two sides to every story.

Ever had a coworker love his job while you hated it? That's how I take it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The problem is that Seth is sticking up for the company in a condescending way. He's patronizing Ospreay when his response to him didn't warrant it.

Ultimate Member

The problem with Seth's comments isn't that he's defending WWE. It's HOW he's doing it:

-His responses seem, disproportionally bitter, towards what was originally said. Like given what Ospreay originally said for example, Seth seemingly going so off on him feels, bizarre.

-He's saying things that are flat-out inaccurate (especially in regards top Moxley), and is using language that comes across as very arrogant and condescending.

-He felt the need to take shots at Moxley, who's supposed to be one of his best friends, personally, whereas Moxley had never criticized Seth or Roman or other WWE talent. He simply takes issue with how Vince is running things. It doesn't help that what Moxley said lines up with what a lot of ex-WWE people have said about Vince and how he operates over the years.

-Quite a bit of what he says sounds like the same stuff that WWE people have said in similar situations for decades. So for many it comes across like him reading the "company line.

-Etc.

I like Seth, but I don't get what he hopes to accomplish here? It's not going to make most people see him in a better light, it will do jack all to help the ratings/attendance numbers, and its even souring people who like him on him now. He comes across as weirdly petty, insecure, arrogant, and kind of jerkish with all of this.

You know that there's an issue when Will Ospreay comes across as the mature and reasonable one in a social media exchange.

The problem with Seth's comments isn't that he's defending WWE. It's HOW he's doing it:

-His responses seem, disproportionally bitter, towards what was originally said. Like given what Ospreay originally said for example, Seth seemingly going so off on him feels, bizarre.

-He's saying things that are flat-out inaccurate (especially in regards top Moxley), and is using language that comes across as very arrogant and condescending.

-He felt the need to take shots at Moxley, who's supposed to be one of his best friends, personally, whereas Moxley had never criticized Seth or Roman or other WWE talent. He simply takes issue with how Vince is running things. It doesn't help that what Moxley said lines up with what a lot of ex-WWE people have said about Vince and how he operates over the years.

-Quite a bit of what he says sounds like the same stuff that WWE people have said in similar situations for decades. So for many it comes across like him reading the "company line.

-Etc.

I like Seth, but I don't get what he hopes to accomplish here? It's not going to make most people see him in a better light, it will do jack all to help the ratings/attendance numbers, and its even souring people who like him on him now. He comes across as weirdly petty, insecure, arrogant, and kind of jerkish with all of this.

You know that there's an issue when Will Ospreay comes across as the mature and reasonable one in a social media exchange.
    my thing was he said that jon couldn't hack the schedule and the grind, even though he was working more matches than everyone on the roster at one point and is now about to work the friggin G1. and the fact he makes it sound like it was jon's fault that he was unhappy or it was his fault that the company gave him crap bookings and even worse crap to say.

i don't get how seth can say he loves jon but then come off and say some petty bullshit like that. there's being a good company man and then there's this.

Ultimate Member

Yeah that whole comment was nonsense. It's been well-established that Moxley worked more dates than pretty much anyone for years. He only missed some significant time, when he was out with a serious injury (something Seth should be able to relate to). Also he spent YEARS going to Vince to try and talk, working with writers, coming up with ideas, etc, and he felt like it wasn't getting him anywhere. And he still finished out his contract and put over a bunch of people on the way out regardless.

This isn't "taking his ball and going home" Seth, this is more like "finishing out the last game of the season, after playing more minutes than pretty much anyone else, then handing the ball back to the coach, and then just going somewhere else to play in the offseason because he saw a better opportunity." I don't get how ANYONE can reasonably criticize how Moxley handled his exit?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Will Ospreay getting slapped down by Seth was funny, though Corbin jumping in was even funnier. Though, the real knee-slapper was Kenny either forgetting or not knowing about the Khans taking in the same Saudi "blood money" that Vince was when he posted that stupid tweet about the EVOLVE 10th Anniversary show being broadcast on the Network.

I'm all for Wrestling Twitter being highly entertaining to distract from most of the other garbage going on right now.
    Last edited by Kal-El Summers; 06-27-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Ultimate Member

Ospreay didn't get slapped down by either of them. He schooled them if anything.

and mox even said he still has love and respect for vince. he just didn't agree with how shit is done in the E. that's more than a lot of people can say after leaving/getting fired from the company.

after this week, seth is starting to go sour on me.

Ospreay didn't get slapped down by either of them. He schooled them if anything.
    the fact that seth needed baron corbin of all to help him is pretty bad in and of itself. i mean, if you are trying to make a point that the E has the best wrestling on the planet, having baron come to bat for you isn't gonna help your case. not to say dude is bad. just you won't see his matches make anyone's "best of" list anytime soon.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Posting memes and making ugly shirts isn't schooling anybody, lol. Will comes off as such a stupid mark for getting so triggered by Seth's tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The problem is that Seth is sticking up for the company in a condescending way. He's patronizing Ospreay when his response to him didn't warrant it.
    And Ospreay shot right back. Like people on social media tend to do.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-27-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Posting memes and making ugly shirts isn't schooling anybody, lol. Will comes off as such a stupid mark for getting so triggered by Seth's tweet.
    Didn't get triggered. He made a simple response to Seth's question and Seth unloading on him for no real reason. When he tried to steer things to being about money I knew Seth had no legs to stand on.