Page 640 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1405405906306366376386396406416426436446506907401140 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike2207 View Post
    Hi guys Like everyone here is busy with the WWE did any saw AEW it is a real threat to WWE like sell to ALL OUT was completely over in 15 mins as tickets were released and for AEW Fight For The Fallen it was over in 30 mins of release.
    thank you mike
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She might not have wanted to go home prior to taking the belts off of her (or maybe she did, who knows) ... but she was clearly not happy prior to that. That's the point you're not getting. To go back to the camel alalogy, it wasn't the first straw... it was the last. So allowing her to keep the belt doesn't necessarily fix the problem as she's still one straw away from her back breaking. If she's not happy with the belt before Wrestlemania she might not be happy after Wrestlemania even if she still has the belt. Retaining that title that one night might not make her issues go away.

And sure, maybe they could have done more to prevent this situation from happening in the first place. Either way, point being the belt still needed to get off of her. Regardless of whose fault it was that the camel got to that state, you don't want to ride that camel. And that's my point. Maybe they can resolve things to make her happy and maybe they can't... we'll see. Either way, again it's probably better that she not have the belt.
    i've understood that from the beginning, that's why i never said otherwise. you still have your shit backwards though. how does this makes sense.
    1)she's unhappy
    2)they tell her they're going to give her & bayley a lengthy title reign with tag titles
    3)they give her & bayley tag titles
    4)they take titles away because she was unhappy before they gave her & bayley the titles
    5)WTF are you talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm talking about the tweet to the left that he since deleted.

The tweet you quoted is his backpedal. Kenny is a coward.
    i knew the tweets. entitled to your opinion of course but i think kenny did what you're supposed to do when say something you didn't think through before saying.

Didn't get triggered. He made a simple response to Seth's question and Seth unloading on him for no real reason. When he tried to steer things to being about money I knew Seth had no legs to stand on.
    that's how i see it.

Not something a person at Seths level loses sleep over.

Again, 99.99% of the wrestling in history would rather be in Seths shoes wearing Seths belt than Wills, Will included. Being on the best of 2019 list doesn't swing that one bit.
    if that were true he would't need to go on twitter and proclaim his greatness. he's looking to get people talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Neither did how many matches either of them worked this year.

Like I said before, they can both say they're the best, current opponents/feuds be damned. The shit's all subjective and it's dumb getting bent out of shape about it.
    doesn't the number of matches worked factor in because seth claimed "nobody was as good as often"

It's simple common sense. It really is.

Seth could be in Will's shoes any day of the week. He could leave WWE, go to New Japan and win a major title there like Ambrose did in his very first match. He's a top star and he's that good. He could be a BIGGER star than WIll in New Japan by the end of the month.

But Will can't necessarily be in the position that Seth is in. He can't necessarily be the champion of the top wrestling company in the world. He's only in the mid-card of the organization he's in at the moment... when he wins the IWGP title (which will probably never happen), THEN he can at least entertain the notion that MAYBE he could be what Seth Rollins is.
    he's also 7yrs older and been wrestling 7yrs longer. will could also go to WWE for some years and return to japan and get a big push.

It's not that match quality doesn't matter... it's just that it's not the only thing that matters.

When comparing the two, WIll can arguably match Seth in one regard... wrestling ability. And Seth matches Will in that category and blows Will out of the water in pretty much every other conceivable barameter you want to measure them with.
    seth doesn't blow anybody out of the water with mic work.

also earlier this month will main evented a packed sumo hall AND had a great match. seth main evented a match nobody cared about at a ppv nobody cared about at a venue they were literally giving away tickets for. are their levels really so far apart??

Moxley walking into New Japan and becoming a main eventer after a single match basically tells the story there. That's how relatively easy it is for a top WWE guy to shot past a mid-carder like Will.
    you keep calling will a midcarder but he main events NJPW shows, and could main event shows any given time. when did mox main event a NJPW show??

and i believe you said will would probably never win the IWGP title. idk the guys been in the company 3 years, he just challenged for that belt a couple of months ago and has had competitive matches against pretty much all the top guys. i think he has a pretty solid chance. he's as good as jay white imo.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-28-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Regarding Kenny's Tweet and imo it's hypocrisy, does anyone else find it strange/annoying how the likes of Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez completely ignore the Khan family's dealings with Saudi Arabia? Not to mention the other shady and corrupt things Shad has done.

Seth Rollins bragging about his bank account sure was worthy of comment to them, but when it's time to open their mouths and point out to their buddy Omega that his boss' family accepts blood money they can be as quiet as mice. But Dave wants us to think he isn't biased against WWE for AEW. Suuuuree.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Regarding Kenny's Tweet and imo it's hypocrisy, does anyone else find it strange/annoying how the likes of Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez completely ignore the Khan family's dealings with Saudi Arabia? Not to mention the other shady and corrupt things Shad has done.

Seth Rollins bragging about his bank account sure was worthy of comment to them, but when it's time to open their mouths and point out to their buddy Omega that his boss' family accepts blood money they can be as quiet as mice. But Dave wants us to think he isn't biased against WWE for AEW. Suuuuree.
    it is in a way but not the same thing either. when AEW do shows in saudi arabia then they'll have no room to talk.

like i think it's very shitty of WWE to do the saudi arabia shows considering recent events, but to be honest idk where my bosses family get all of their money.

have the khans been doing business with the saudis since that journalist was murdered?? and i ask because i really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i've understood that from the beginning, that's why i never said otherwise. you still have your shit backwards though. how does this makes sense.
    1)she's unhappy
    2)they tell her they're going to give her & bayley a lengthy title reign with tag titles
    3)they give her & bayley tag titles
    4)they take titles away because she was unhappy before they gave her & bayley the titles
    5)WTF are you talking about??

i knew the tweets. entitled to your opinion of course but i think kenny did what you're supposed to do when say something you didn't think through before saying.

that's how i see it.

if that were true he would't need to go on twitter and proclaim his greatness. he's looking to get people talking about him.

doesn't the number of matches worked factor in because seth claimed "nobody was as good as often"

he's also 7yrs older and been wrestling 7yrs longer. will could also go to WWE for some years and return to japan and get a big push.

seth doesn't blow anybody out of the water with mic work.

also earlier this month will main evented a packed sumo hall AND had a great match. seth main evented a match nobody cared about at a ppv nobody cared about at a venue they were literally giving away tickets for. are their levels really so far apart??

you keep calling will a midcarder but he main events NJPW shows, and could main event shows any given time. when did mox main event a NJPW show??

and i believe you said will would probably never win the IWGP title. idk the guys been in the company 3 years, he just challenged for that belt a couple of months ago and has had competitive matches against pretty much all the top guys. i think he has a pretty solid chance. he's as good as jay white imo.
    I don't disagree that Seth isn't doing this to get peoole talking. I just don't think that has anything to do with him in any way caring whether or not he wins best of 2019 polls.

And sure he can leave and go to the WWE. And if he can replicate Seths sucess doing do I'll happily concede I wss wrong. But until he actually does it, he's not on Seths level.

And main eventers don't just challenge for the world title, they win them. When the world title is around his waist, we can put him in the conversation.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-28-2019 at 04:48 AM.

I don't disagree that Seth isn't doing this to get peoole talking. I just don't think that has anything to do with him in any way caring whether or not he wins best of 2019 polls.
    maybe not 2019 polls xactly but he obviously cares what the dorks online think about how good he is.

And sure he can leave and go to the WWE. And if he can replicate Seths sucess doing do I'll happily concede I wss wrong. But until he actually does it, he's not on Seths level.

And main eventers don't just challenge for the world title, they win them. When the world title is around his waist, we can put him in the conversation.
    this is the problem with your "WWE is the end all be all" mindset. you see in other promotions the world title isn't the only one that matters. in other promotions other titles can and do main event.

payscale is the only level they don't match up on, and will never claimed he made as much money as seth.

maybe not 2019 polls xactly but he obviously cares what the dorks online think about how good he is.

this is the problem with your "WWE is the end all be all" mindset. you see in other promotions the world title isn't the only one that matters. in other promotions other titles can and do main event.

payscale is the only level they don't match up on, and will never claimed he made as much money as seth.
    There are things that go along with pay scale... yes, Seth earns more but there's a reason that's the case. Seth can go into WIlls backyard, or ANY fed in the planet for that matter and odds ar pretty good Will will work beneath Rollins day one. Seth can be a top guy pretty much any fed on the planet the minute he steps through the door. He's at that level. Will, with all due respect is not. I'm not sure Will has proven himself to be the top guy ANYWHERE, let alone everywhere. And that's not a diss against the guy. It's sort of a given that any wrestler is going to be on the same level as the top guy in the biggest wrestling organization.

ANd I'm not saying that the world title is the only one that matters... that's not even true in the WWE. But it's often a statement of saying this is THE guy. This is the guy that you're going to build your company around. I think you can even make the arguement that's moreso the case in New Japan than in the WWE. When you say the 2-3 guys in the WWE, outside special attractions I think Rollins is pretty much universally in that conversation. Will in New Japan... I'm not so sure.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

it is in a way but not the same thing either. when AEW do shows in saudi arabia then they'll have no room to talk.

like i think it's very shitty of WWE to do the saudi arabia shows considering recent events, but to be honest idk where my bosses family get all of their money.

have the khans been doing business with the saudis since that journalist was murdered?? and i ask because i really don't know.
    It's still ridiculous of Kenny to try to take the moral high ground with this issue. Considering that he didn't know about the Khans own deals with the Saudis there's other things he can be called out on.

Chris Jericho the biggest name star in their company worked the first WWE Saudi show. There's Kenny's own blunders like working with and booking a known child molester for the CEO show last year. His hands ain't clean.

There are things that go along with pay scale... yes, Seth earns more but there's a reason that's the case. Seth can go into WIlls backyard, or ANY fed in the planet for that matter and odds ar pretty good Will will work beneath Rollins day one. Seth can be a top guy pretty much any fed on the planet the minute he steps through the door. He's at that level. Will, with all due respect is not. I'm not sure Will has proven himself to be the top guy ANYWHERE, let alone everywhere. And that's not a diss against the guy. It's sort of a given that any wrestler is going to be on the same level as the top guy in the biggest wrestling organization.

ANd I'm not saying that the world title is the only one that matters... that's not even true in the WWE. But it's often a statement of saying this is THE guy. This is the guy that you're going to build your company around. I think you can even make the arguement that's moreso the case in New Japan than in the WWE. When you say the 2-3 guys in the WWE, outside special attractions I think Rollins is pretty much universally in that conversation. Will in New Japan... I'm not so sure.
    we know whoever reaches the top in WWE will get a spot near the top wherever he goes.

with that said you kept referring to will as a midcarder, but he main events shows in the 2nd biggest promotion in the world and he does it against the promotions top guys as well as other jrs. that makes him more than a midcarder.

and with that said he doesn't have to be the main guy in NJPW for his claim to be true. he wrestles as often as seth and does it just as well, actually has better matches on average.

It's still ridiculous of Kenny to try to take the moral high ground with this issue. Considering that he didn't know about the Khans own deals with the Saudis there's other things he can be called out on.

Chris Jericho the biggest name star in their company worked the first WWE Saudi show. There's Kenny's own blunders like working with and booking a known child molester for the CEO show last year. His hands ain't clean.
    so doesn't it look like he realized that with his later post??

we know whoever reaches the top in WWE will get a spot near the top wherever he goes.

with that said you kept referring to will as a midcarder, but he main events shows in the 2nd biggest promotion in the world and he does it against the promotions top guys as well as other jrs. that makes him more than a midcarder.

and with that said he doesn't have to be the main guy in NJPW for his claim to be true. he wrestles as often as seth and does it just as well, actually has better matches on average.
    Hey, I don't dispute he's not a very very good wrestler. Never claimed otherwise. My stance is that he's simply not on Seth's level. Seth is a much bigger star. If we all agree with that, we're good.

How well have you followed Ospreay career? He's been a top guy in other promotions like Progress and he's the top guy of his division in New Japan. You realize how unprecedented having a junior in the G1 is? That's the value of Ospreay. The man is a workhorse monster to be able to do Battle of the Super Juniors and G1.

Your making the mistake of taking Seth's name value as being the same as his in-ring talent. Jinder is a bigger name and higher on the payscale but he wouldn't hold a candle to Will in the ring.

How well have you followed Ospreay career? He's been a top guy in other promotions like Progress and he's the top guy of his division in New Japan. You realize how unprecedented having a junior in the G1 is? That's the value of Ospreay. The man is a workhorse monster to be able to do Battle of the Super Juniors and G1.

Your making the mistake of taking Seth's name value as being the same as his in-ring talent. Jinder is a bigger name and higher on the payscale but he wouldn't hold a candle to Will in the ring.
    In Seths case, I think his name value and in-ring talent line up pretty well. Won't say that's always the case for EVERY wrestler... but it does for him. Though again, there are reasons why certain wrestlers have more name value than others. It's not completely accidental.

And yes, Will's the top guy in his division of New Japan... but he's not one of their actual top guys. There's a difference. You can be a top guy in NXT or 205 Live, but that doesn't necessarily get you the main event at Wrestlemania. Peter Dunne is the top guy in his division in the WWE, and he's absolutely amazing. But with all due respect, I wouldn't say he's on Seth's level either. Seth is at least arguably THE guy in his company outside of special attractions ... with all due respect I'm not sure Will is that high up in that conversation.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-28-2019 at 06:59 AM.

In Seths case, I think his name value and in-ring talent line up pretty well. Won't say that's always the case for EVERY wrestler... but it does for him. Though again, there are reasons why certain wrestlers have more name value than others. It's not completely accidental.

And yes, Will's the top guy in his division of New Japan... but he's not one of their actual top guys. There's a difference. You can be a top guy in NXT or 205 Live, but that doesn't necessarily get you the main event at Wrestlemania. Peter Dunne is the top guy in his division in the WWE, and he's absolutely amazing. But with all due respect, I wouldn't say he's on Seth's level either. Seth is at least arguably THE guy in his company outside of special attractions ... with all due respect I'm not sure Will is that high up in that conversation.
    Seth has more name value simply because he works for a bigger company. It's that simple. Will mostly wrestles in Japan and the UK. Unless you follow those scenes he will be an unknown to most WWE fans.

He doesn't need to main-event WrestleMania. You might not believe this but it possible for guys to be big names without being an ace of a company. Guys like Scott Hall, Curt Henning and Jake the Snake were big name stars of their time and they were never main-event guys. Hey, since they were never on the top of the card I guess their careers didn't amount to anything.