Page 642 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1425425926326386396406416426436446456466526927421142 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 19298

So apparently Heyman and Bischoff only agreed to take the roles if they were given editorial protection from Vince

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My understanding is that NXT UK works with Progress (I've even heard some people say Progress owners basically run it), so I would assume that the other international NXT's would follow the same model and work with an existing company. Assuming there's a japanesse wrestling organization willing to work with WWE that is.

I doubt a larger japanesse organization would work with the WWE, but a mid to small sized one might benefit from the global exposure working with the WWE and being on their network would bring. Plus I'm sure WWE would outsource a lot of their existing japanesse talent here and there.
    The problem with aligning with WWE is they won't be allowed to grow as a company. If you look at the history of a couple of Japanese promotions they grew out of another promotion. Noah wouldn't exist without Misawa Exodus of All Japan. Wrestle 1 exists because of Mutoh's All Japan Exodus. OWE became a thing when Cima left Dragon Gate and took his guys with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So apparently Heyman and Bischoff only agreed to take the roles if they were given editorial protection from Vince
    If that's true (and I wouldn't be shocked if it were as I suspect Heyman and Biscoff at this stage of their career wouldn't be interested be interested in the job otherwise), it'll be neat seeing how RAW and Smackdown evolve differently going foreward.

I actually imagine RAW won't necessariy be THAT different (though I'm sure the booking will be more consistant), but I can't help but think Biscoff might try pretty hard to differentiate Smackdown. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The problem with aligning with WWE is they won't be allowed to grow as a company. If you look at the history of a couple of Japanese promotions they grew out of another promotion. Noah wouldn't exist without Misawa Exodus of All Japan. Wrestle 1 exists because of Mutoh's All Japan Exodus. OWE became a thing when Cima left Dragon Gate and took his guys with him.
    Perhaps, though if the owners and talent end up getting steady paychecks that might be worth it. I guess we'll see if there are any takers.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I don't see NXT Japan happening. Unless they align themselves with an existing promotion I don't see it getting off the ground. I can't imagine any of the Japanese promotions want to be under HHH boot.
    the japanese do kind of appreciate the E's sports entertainment but i don't think they would want that stuff there like that. and i don't think they could or would try to transition into the strong style very well.

but never say never. we will see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the japanese do kind of appreciate the E's sports entertainment but i don't think they would want that stuff there like that. and i don't think they could or would try to transition into the strong style very well.

NXT UK arguably does a pretty good job transitioning british strong style as far as I can tell (not that I'm an expert in it or anything). That could give us an indicator of how they might handle japanesse strong style.

Ultimate Member

So I’ve heard too.

Heyman in particular is very opionated and I don’t he’ll come back just to be an outlet for Vince’s ideas.

Personally, I can only see this as a good thing. Something needs to change and quite clearly the people in charge have no idea on how to do it (that plus falling ratings and ticket sales is never, ever a good sign for the business or it’s investors/partners).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    So I’ve heard too.

Heyman in particular is very opionated and I don’t he’ll come back just to be an outlet for Vince’s ideas.

Personally, I can only see this as a good thing. Something needs to change and quite clearly the people in charge have no idea on how to do it (that plus falling ratings and ticket sales is never, ever a good sign for the business or it’s investors/partners).
    I'm sort of curious if this will be a slow gradual transition and we won't even know exactly when they take over and to what degree, or if there will be a descisive start announcing the Bischoff and Heyman era of their shows.

Even the last PPV and RAW IMO were a bit better than usual as far as booking wise... I wonder if that was Heyman having a greater influence or if that was simply a better than usual RAW and PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Japanese sports entertainment differs heavily from WWE brand. DDT is sports entertainment and it's one of Japan's top promotions.

Japanese sports entertainment differs heavily from WWE brand. DDT is sports entertainment and it's one of Japan's top promotions.
    I think that's potentially the fun thing about the international NXT's if they ever get off the ground. WWE fans can see different kinds of sports entertainment from around the world all on one network. Assuming NXT allows them to do their own thing rather than molding them into the WWE product... but I THINK NXT UK at least has done a descent job keeping british wrestling reasomably intact.

I'm sort of curious if this will be a slow gradual transition and we won't even know exactly when they take over and to what degree, or if there will be a descisive start announcing the Bischoff and Heyman era of their shows.

Even the last PPV and RAW IMO were a bit better than usual as far as booking wise... I wonder if that was Heyman having a greater influence or if that was simply a better than usual RAW and PPV.
    Apparently, the new regime starts this week.
    Whatculture described it as being like HHH level of control in NXT but on RAW and Smackdown

Apparently, the new regime starts this week.
    Whatculture described it as being like HHH level of control in NXT but on RAW and Smackdown
    This week? Wow, that's so fast.

I guess with Heyman it's not that surprising, since I think he was sort of working behind the scenes for months anyways. But Bishoff just got here.

I'm definately looking foreward to seeing what sort of difference, if any, we see.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

This week? Wow, that's so fast.

I guess with Heyman it's not that surprising, since I think he was sort of working behind the scenes for months anyways. But Bishoff just got here.

I'm definately looking foreward to seeing what sort of difference, if any, we see.
    The change is suppose to be gradual not immediate. They will be eased into the roles before taking over completely.