Page 654 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1545546046446506516526536546556566576586647047541154 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I mean...here's hoping hope things definitely change lol
    I'd say the last 2 raws were better than average... so maybe that's a good sign that Heyman is improving things little by little. Maybe.

Astonishing Member

We actually got several new match ups so IÂ’ll take it!

Heyman worked with Maria in OVW I believe, so not surprising he would want to use them for a storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    We actually got several new match ups so IÂ’ll take it!

Heyman worked with Maria in OVW I believe, so not surprising he would want to use them for a storyline.
    I do think Maria is fairly entertaining when she's doing anything other than actually wrestling.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-02-2019 at 03:42 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

booooo sorry
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-02-2019 at 02:15 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I actually don't mind 2 out of 3 fall matches regularly because it's really that that different from a regular match. If it were a different gimmick match, like say a hardcore match I would feel differently. It would feel less special if you see table and chair spots every week. But you basically see the exact same stuff in a 2 out of 3 falls match as you do a regular match, so to me at least it's not really that big a deal.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually don't mind 2 out of 3 fall matches regularly because it's really that that different from a regular match. If it were a different gimmick match, like say a hardcore match I would feel differently. It would feel less special if you see table and chair spots every week. But you basically see the exact same stuff in a 2 out of 3 falls match as you do a regular match, so to me at least it's not really that big a deal.
    They're only doing it because Vince doesn't want any wrestling happening during the commerical break. There no nuance behind it. Just a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They're only doing it because Vince doesn't want any wrestling happening during the commerical break. There no nuance behind it. Just a means to an end.
    Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying it doesn't really bother me the way it would if it were a different sort of gimmick match. I wouldn't want to see a cage match or a hardcore match every week because you sort of get desensitived to them, and they lose their specialness. But I think you can get away with a 2 out of 3 falls match, because it's still a regular match in a practical sense. You still do basically the same stuff.

Ultimate Member

Heel AJ, love it! The Club back together, love it even more!

I'm conflicted, on the one hand I don't want Kofi's reign to end. On the other hand, Joe REALLY should get at least one world title run in WWE, hmm.

The Stuff with Mike and Maria is pretty cringey and I'm not sure that I like where they're taking the Seth/Becky stuff. Also they don't seem 100% into it either.

That Braun/Lashley ending was EPIC!!

If they're going to make the Mixed Tag match an extreme rules match, then go both ways on it. Let the guys get some shots in on the women (and vice versa).

All in all, good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

I'm conflicted, on the one hand I don't want Kofi's reign to end. On the other hand, Joe REALLY should get at least one world title run in WWE, hmm.

The Stuff with Mike and Maria is pretty cringey and I'm not sure that I like where they're taking the Seth/Becky stuff. Also they don't seem 100% into it either.

If they're going to make the Mixed Tag match an extreme rules match, then go both ways on it. Let the guys get some shots in on the women (and vice versa).

Though I don't think it's necessariy a good idea to have guys take shots at women, I think making it extreme rules effectively means standard tag team and interdenger rules are out the window. Since there's no DQ there's no reason to have have tags let alone to leave the ring if the opponent makes a tag. They might as well all fight at once.

As far as Joe and Kofi goes... as much as Joe needs the win, I'm pretty sure he's just good filler. They need an opponent for a second tier PPV title match, so they used a guy that's technically not even on the Smackdown brand. That said, the nice thing about this match is I'm pretty happy either way they go with him. As long as Joe looks good, I'm fine with either walking out with the WWE belt.

But I don't see Kofi losing until at least Summerslam.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Agreed on everything.

Except I found the Maria thing stupidly funny in the moment. But all in all, it didn't make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I don't think it's necessariy a good idea to have guys take shots at women, I think making it extreme rules effectively means standard tag team and interdenger rules are out the window. Since there's no DQ there's no reason to have have tags let alone to leave the ring if the opponent makes a tag. They might as well all fight at once.

As far as Joe and Kofi goes... as much as Joe needs the win, I'm pretty sure he's just good filler. They need an opponent for a second tier PPV title match, so they used a guy that's technically not even on the Smackdown brand. That said, the nice thing about this match is I'm pretty happy either way they go with him. As long as Joe looks good, I'm fine with either walking out with the WWE belt.

But I don't see Kofi losing until at least Summerslam.
    The match has no rules. I want Seth to stomp Lacey. What contrived bullshit will they need to come up with to prevent male on female violence from happening? If this is a concern then they would remove the stipulation.

Ultimate Member

Exactly. If they're going to do this tag match, and they're going to make it Extreme Rules stipulations, then go all out with it:

-Let Seth whack Lacey with a chair, or give her the stomp.

-Let Baron give Becky a Deep Six through the announce table or something (that'd get him some nuclear heat as well).

-Let Becky use weapons on Corbin.

-Etc.

Embrace the concept at least. Plus the crowd would pop hard if Becky made Corbin tap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The match has no rules. I want Seth to stomp Lacey. What contrived bullshit will they need to come up with to prevent male on female violence from happening? If this is a concern then they would remove the stipulation.
    It doesn't take much contrived bullsit to justify Seth not hitting Lacey. The reason this all came about in the first place was because Lacey was chosen as Barons special guest referre precisely because he know Seth wouldn't make good on his promise to demolish whomever Corbin chose as his ref. It's not that uncommon for some women to not want to strike women.

Though obviously it doesn't go both ways. Women hitting men is perfectly fine. We already saw that last night.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-02-2019 at 10:36 AM.