Page 657 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1575576076476536546556566576586596606616677077571157 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ian Rotten's son ran a show in Indiana and the health department issued warnings after it due to the excessive blood and fluids that was done. They are urging people who attended and worked the show to go get testing for HIV and Hep.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...rs/1585499001/
    Cornette has been saying this would be a problem for years. These deathmatch indy junk wrestlers were always a potential problem waiting to happen. That's unfortunately one of the legacies of ECW... it popularized death matches to people without the actual talent to really wrestle. Hopefully the backlash won't effect any of the more legitimate wrestling organizations.

And hopefully AEW will be a bit more careful in the future. I would hate for this to effect them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Cornette has been saying this would be a problem for years. These deathmatch indy junk wrestlers were always a potential problem waiting to happen. That's unfortunately one of the legacies of ECW... it popularized death matches to people without the actual talent to really wrestle. Hopefully the backlash won't effect any of the more legitimate wrestling organizations.

And hopefully AEW will be a bit more careful in the future. I would hate for this to effect them.

Sadly its true ECW inspired many companies to do UNSAFE hardcore wrestling without proper medical steps taken. Other organizations have made a point to do testing and its even in article Rotten's son is trying to claim he tested workers before the show. (No clue how true that is).

Cornette in a podcast a year or two back discussed Ian Rotten and how he was kicked out of doing shows in Kentucky at one point due to his garbage style wrestling. That when he ran OVW he had to literally work with Kentucky and show them OVW was not what Rotten did. So he went to Indiana and now its said that state will now put tough measures on pro wrestling again. Which impacts if WWE , AEW or anyone else who runs there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cornette did say that the WWE never ran a major show in Kentucky for a decade because of Ian Rotten. Now his son potentially fucked that up for Indiana. I don't get why anyone would mutilate themselves for peanuts for a handful of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Cornette did say that the WWE never ran a major show in Kentucky for a decade because of Ian Rotten. Now his son potentially fucked that up for Indiana. I don't get why anyone would mutilate themselves for peanuts for a handful of people.
    They think its helping make them a "name" in the business and can get them further bookings is my guess. Not realizing that they are risking themselves health wise as well as not many will want folks who helped get a state to push harder restrictions on pro wrestling.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Yeah, it makes no freaking sense.

At least if you're Jeff Hardy or Mick Foley, you're doing this on a grand stage where it potentially can make you a millionaire. In a WWE enviroment, there are some precautions like medical people on standby. It's still not safe exactly... but it's a gamble which can potentially pay off. And in their cases it did.

But doing this in some barn in front or a couple dozen people for 50 bucks even once is stupid, let alone regularly, it's just stupid. You might get "famous" to a small bunch of freaks on the internet, but you're not going to make money or get any real fame out of it. Or at least most won't... Janela sort of carved a name for himself, but I'm guessing like a lot of ECW guys he's going to end up paying the price down the line.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, it makes no freaking sense.

At least if you're Jeff Hardy or Mick Foley, you're doing this on a grand stage where it potentially can make you a millionaire. In a WWE enviroment, there are some precautions like medical people on standby. It's still not safe exactly... but it's a gamble which can potentially pay off. And in their cases it did.

But doing this in some barn in front or a couple dozen people for 50 bucks even once is stupid, let alone regularly, it's just stupid. You might get "famous" to a small bunch of freaks on the internet, but you're not going to make money or get any real fame out of it. Or at least most won't... Janela sort of carved a name for himself, but I'm guessing like a lot of ECW guys he's going to end up paying the price down the line.
    On the WWE level their death matches are nowhere near as dangerous. The worst it gets is barbed wire and thumbtacks which won't cause lasting damage beyond minor scars. You won't see them using any type of glass like light tubes, staple guns, pizza slicers or anything that can easily rip human flesh.

Joey Janela as much as I dislike his style hugely sticks with dangerous high spots. I don't have to worry about him being a cut up lumb of dead meat.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

On the WWE level their death matches are nowhere near as dangerous. The worst it gets is barbed wire and thumbtacks which won't cause lasting damage beyond minor scars. You won't see them using any type of glass like light tubes, staple guns, pizza slicers or anything that can easily rip human flesh.

Joey Janela as much as I dislike his style hugely sticks with dangerous high spots. I don't have to worry about him being a cut up lumb of dead meat.
    it's violence for the sake of violence. the occasion deathmatch is fine, if the feud warrants it. but to go to that level for a small show? nope. not for me.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-06-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

To be fair the WWE has never had death matches. Their product even back in Attitude era was more "general audience" based. A fact Vince told Paul that if he toned some of ECW's hardcore elements down his product would work on mainstream public.

Speaking of the Attitude era and WWE its being reported by Meltzer that the WWE now wants the teenage audience back. They are worried they will lose it to AEW when it launches this fall.

So they have now decided to move from PG era back to TV-14. They have told Heyman and Bischoff they can now craft more edgy storylines.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of the Attitude era and WWE its being reported by Meltzer that the WWE now wants the teenage audience back. They are worried they will lose it to AEW when it launches this fall.

So they have now decided to move from PG era back to TV-14. They have told Heyman and Bischoff they can now craft more edgy storylines.
    Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about this.

As much as people look back at the Attitude Era with rose tinted glasses, there was a lot more junk and rubbish on the shows displayed just for shock value. In my opinion, the Ruthless Aggression Era was a far better era than the Attitude Era (although that era still had a lot of female objectification).

I’m not against an edgier WWE but I honestly feel they just need better booking and more equity in said booking.

Astonishing Member

the angry little new yorker
    less than 24 hours
    3 pacific repeat 7 pacific
    Night 1 in Dallas will focus mainly on A Block match ups. The main card looks like this:
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Kota Ibushi vs. KENTA
    Will Ospreay vs. Lance Archer
    EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale
    SANADA vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
    In addition to that, the undercard will feature several tag matches featuring members from Los Ingoberables de Japon, Bullet Club, and CHAOS
    https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/45217?showCards=1
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-06-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

As much as people look back at the Attitude Era with rose tinted glasses, there was a lot more junk and rubbish on the shows displayed just for shock value. In my opinion, the Ruthless Aggression Era was a far better era than the Attitude Era (although that era still had a lot of female objectification).

I’m not against an edgier WWE but I honestly feel they just need better booking and more equity in said booking.
    100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    100% agree.

Well Russo isn't behind the scenes. Its Paul Heyman and the last run Heyman had in early 2000's running Smackdown his brand was really , really good. Now he's behind RAW so I fully expect a good blend of edgy storylines mixed with good in ring. I may even watch RAW again if things come back good.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-06-2019 at 02:09 AM.
    Transformers TCG player