Page 660 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1605606106506566576586596606616626636646707107601160 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

When TNA launched the company itself was trying to establish its main event roster. They had to go in and take who was there as well as use some unsigned talent that wasn't signed to the WWF then. The 1st TNA PPV had this roster of talents.

Ken Shamrock
    Scott Hall
    Steve Corino
    Malice (the Wall)
    Buff Bagwell
    Rick Steiner
    Gangrel (Vampire Warrior)
    Devon Storm
    Chris Harris
    Ron Killens

Now of that list Scott Hall and Buff Bagwell were not dependable guys you put a title on. Not a NWA World title and the NWA itself pushed for who would become champion then. Malice would actually be the top heel to start TNA off awhile with Jarrett trying and failing (he got beat up by the Tennessee Titans football team in front row once comically after starting a fight). You could make a possible push that the NWA could have pushed for Corino to be World Champion but he took had the same issue Raven had (to a bigger extent then as he never had worked in WWF or WCW before this).

That 1st few months Ken Shamrock was World Champion and it seemed he was gonna be a long term face champion. Yet months in he came to the Jarrett's and told them he had an offer to do MMA and wanted to fight Ortiz. So that cut short his run and they had to scramble for a face champion and gave it to Ron Killens.

Who really wasn't much better and the one creating the most "note worthy stuff" without being champion and getting beat up by a football team and country music singer (Toby Keith) was Jarrett. So finally that fall/winter he became champion.

Now a big issue came in as he did a face turn was ...there was no big heels for Jeff to work against. Malice had been let go and they needed someone. So they had Vince Russo do the best early storyline and it was the S.E.X storyline (Sports Entertainment Xtreme) stable where he could help the "kid" they really wanted to push at some point. It was AJ Styles who needed a good mic worker to help him. (AJ admitted he struggled for years on the mic and it was Flair who helped him the most). AJ had been pushed as a big part of X-Division and they had him get a brief run.

But a big issue even after getting Raven come in was from 2002-2005 the company didn't have a lot of big heels or faces really to put the belt on. And as well as the fact NWA itself wanted Jarrett to carry that title to do title defenses outside TNA so he had to do it. This went on as we saw til 2006 once the company brought in more stars and they finally was able to cut the cord to the NWA to not listen to them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    When TNA launched the company itself was trying to establish its main event roster. They had to go in and take who was there as well as use some unsigned talent that wasn't signed to the WWF then. The 1st TNA PPV had this roster of talents.

Ken Shamrock
    Scott Hall
    Steve Corino
    Malice (the Wall)
    Buff Bagwell
    Rick Steiner
    Gangrel (Vampire Warrior)
    Devon Storm
    Chris Harris
    Ron Killens

Now of that list Scott Hall and Buff Bagwell were not dependable guys you put a title on. Not a NWA World title and the NWA itself pushed for who would become champion then. Malice would actually be the top heel to start TNA off awhile with Jarrett trying and failing (he got beat up by the Tennessee Titans football team in front row once comically after starting a fight). You could make a possible push that the NWA could have pushed for Corino to be World Champion but he took had the same issue Raven had (to a bigger extent then as he never had worked in WWF or WCW before this).

That 1st few months Ken Shamrock was World Champion and it seemed he was gonna be a long term face champion. Yet months in he came to the Jarrett's and told them he had an offer to do MMA and wanted to fight Ortiz. So that cut short his run and they had to scramble for a face champion and gave it to Ron Killens.

Who really wasn't much better and the one creating the most "note worthy stuff" without being champion and getting beat up by a football team and country music singer (Toby Keith) was Jarrett. So finally that fall/winter he became champion.

Now a big issue came in as he did a face turn was ...there was no big heels for Jeff to work against. Malice had been let go and they needed someone. So they had Vince Russo do the best early storyline and it was the S.E.X storyline (Sports Entertainment Xtreme) stable where he could help the "kid" they really wanted to push at some point. It was AJ Styles who needed a good mic worker to help him. (AJ admitted he struggled for years on the mic and it was Flair who helped him the most). AJ had been pushed as a big part of X-Division and they had him get a brief run.

But a big issue even after getting Raven come in was from 2002-2005 the company didn't have a lot of big heels or faces really to put the belt on. And as well as the fact NWA itself wanted Jarrett to carry that title to do title defenses outside TNA so he had to do it. This went on as we saw til 2006 once the company brought in more stars and they finally was able to cut the cord to the NWA to not listen to them.
    heard all this back then, what it comes down to is slapnuts is a conman & a liar.

anyways cage, elgin,sami and tessa killed it tonight. TNA, impact whatever is and always has been better w/o slapnuts.

Ultimate Member

The finish depends on what happens from now on. If this is a one off, then that was freaking stupid ending. But if this continues, with Tessa winning in the end, then fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    heard all this back then, what it comes down to is slapnuts is a conman & a liar.

anyways cage, elgin,sami and tessa killed it tonight. TNA, impact whatever is and always has been better w/o slapnuts.
    What did he con ? He created a product and the moment more big main event stars came in he took a backseat.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

What did he con ? He created a product and the moment more big main event stars came in he took a backseat.
    I think towards the end there, Global Force Wrestling started looking like a pyramid scheme. I definately think he ended up coming off like a con man there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think towards the end there, Global Force Wrestling started looking like a pyramid scheme. I definately think he ended up coming off like a con man there.
    That to me collapsed once he couldn't find a TV partner or streaming site. It was said he filmed weeks of TV and no one picked it up. Now yeah he screwed up his last Impact run where he clearly had alcohol issues and going into rehab was wise. He should have done it sooner but yeah that to me was his fault there and getting help was a big plus for him.

Ultimate Member

Stone Cold HATES Jarrett for what a jerk Jeff was in Memphis, and other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well he paid him back as we saw when he refused to work with him in 1999. It was when they were planning on who to push ahead and Russo pitched Jarrett. Austin refused and then Russo told him they'd go with HHH. Austin didn't wanna work with him either (its why Mick Foley had to eat the loss and put Trips over in 1999). Its only after he came back from neck injury he saw HHH was a main event caliber worker to work with.

But it follows the course of guys who refuse to work with others once they become main event stars.

That to me collapsed once he couldn't find a TV partner or streaming site. It was said he filmed weeks of TV and no one picked it up. Now yeah he screwed up his last Impact run where he clearly had alcohol issues and going into rehab was wise. He should have done it sooner but yeah that to me was his fault there and getting help was a big plus for him.
    I'm not even talking about the time he embarrassed himself by going into the ring in no condition to compete.

I think he may have literally turned GFW into a pyramid scheme. I think he literally is a con man.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezon...fw-controversy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Austin wasn't exactly all sunshine and gumdrops himself when he was on top.

Astonishing Member

fantasy booking
    tessa blanchard vs shayna baszler
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not even talking about the time he embarrassed himself by going into the ring in no condition to compete.

I think he may have literally turned GFW into a pyramid scheme. I think he literally is a con man.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezon...fw-controversy

Gonna dig into this , its from 2016 and the guy who exposed the company that is linked with (Karatbars) debates someone in the company in comments section where it gets pretty wild as more join in. In fact if this is the same company Jarrett possibly hooked up with to do a deal , it seems that its actually...a legit business !

(This is from January 2019)

https://www.globaldomainsnews.com/ka...-watch-in-2019

So its possible Jarrett for funding for GFW made an advertisement deal with this company and at 1st it seems like a wild ponzi scheme. But 3+ years later if this is the same German company (it has the name and everything) then this company is a legit business according to Forbes and on their list to watch in 2019.

Extraordinary Member

so Shane and Drew are tagging against Roman tonight, with Roman having a partner of his choice

Extraordinary Member

Opening with the Mixed tag, also Ricochet is going 1v1 with Luke Gallows later tonight