Page 663 of 721 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673713 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 10805
  1. #9931
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,972

    Default

    KO's promo was fantastic. The guy should get an extended babyface run now, and make him an actual badass face (remember how to do those WWE)? Not really excited for potentially ANOTHER "babyface vs. Evil Authority" story though, enough of those already WWE.

    Otis and DB were good as well.

    Nikki and Bayley was ok, but there'd better be a good payoff to all of this in the end. And no way should Bayley lose on Sunday.

    Nakamura winning was cool, but it'd have meant more if it was an actual title match.

    Black vs. Cesaro could be a cool match. I just wish that there'd have been a more interesting way to get there.

    Still way too much Shane.

    Asuka & Kairi had better actually get to win those freaking belts after being jerked around so much by the booking for months now.

    Etc.

    Overall, better than Raw.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 07-10-2019 at 04:13 AM.

  2. #9932
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    KO's promo was fantastic. The guy should get an extended babyface run now, and make him an actual badass face (remember how to do those WWE)? Not really excited for potentially ANOTHER "babyface vs. Evil Authority" story though, enough of those already WWE.

    Otis and DB were good as well.

    Nikki and Bayley was ok, but there'd better be a good payoff to all of this in the end. And no way should Bayley lose on Sunday.

    Nakamura winning was cool, but it'd have meant more if it was an actual title match.

    Black vs. Cesaro could be a cool match. I just wish that there'd have been a more interesting way to get there.

    Still way too much Shane.

    Asuka & Kairi had better actually get to win those freaking belts after being jerked around so much by the booking for months now.

    Etc.

    Overall, better than Raw.
    I'm sure Nakamura will get a title match out of this. A challenger beating the champ in a non-title match usually sets that up. Nakamura probably needed the win going into the title match to build him up a bit, since he hasn't been booked that strong in recent months.

    That said, it's a tough call whether or not you actually want Nakamura winning the belt. It's similar to Kofi vs Joe... you have a pretty darn good champ who hasn't had the belt that long, versus an under utilized challenger who probably needs the win more.

  3. #9933
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Someone on Twitter made a G1 for dummies to get his co-worker into New Japan. It's hilarious
    https://twitter.com/Necropantz/statu...047964672?s=19

  4. #9934
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Enzo posted his confrontation with Janela on Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvV24KBR_g/

  5. #9935
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That said, it's a tough call whether or not you actually want Nakamura winning the belt. It's similar to Kofi vs Joe... you have a pretty darn good champ who hasn't had the belt that long, versus an under utilized challenger who probably needs the win more.
    i do
    he deserves to be a former holder of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_I...l_Championship and have a run with the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_In...l_Championship

    9 25 16 kobe https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6933552/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Naito vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Elgin defending the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWGP_I...l_Championship

    https://live.bleacherreport.com/wres...e-fallen/66423
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-11-2019 at 02:53 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  6. #9936
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Enzo posted his confrontation with Janela on Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvV24KBR_g/
    haha fukn joey fell for the okey doke. you can tell enzo doesn't know how to fight anymore than joey does but he talks loud and makes people think he wanted to fight.

  7. #9937
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    haha fukn joey fell for the okey doke. you can tell enzo doesn't know how to fight anymore than joey does but he talks loud and makes people think he wanted to fight.
    Enzo might not know how to fight but he's a lot smarter about it. Good to see he didn't chase someone in a crowd as that would only end badly for him. Enzo won't live down the fact he managed to punk out Janela.

  8. #9938
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Enzo posted his confrontation with Janela on Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvV24KBR_g/
    If I'm Moxley I'd almost be a little embarrassed I had a ppv main event death match with a guy who got scared off by Enzo Amore.

  9. #9939
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sure Nakamura will get a title match out of this. A challenger beating the champ in a non-title match usually sets that up. Nakamura probably needed the win going into the title match to build him up a bit, since he hasn't been booked that strong in recent months.

    That said, it's a tough call whether or not you actually want Nakamura winning the belt. It's similar to Kofi vs Joe... you have a pretty darn good champ who hasn't had the belt that long, versus an under utilized challenger who probably needs the win more.

    WWE has a bad habit of doing this. Putting two wrestlers who could arguably use some big wins and/or momentum, up against each other. They do it A LOT!! Part of me wants to see if Nakamura could do for the WWE IC Title what he did for the IWGP IC Title and elevate it in prestige, or return it to prestige in the WWE one's case. Because the IC Title hasn't been treated with much respect since The Miz had it, which is a shame.

  10. #9940
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    WWE has a bad habit of doing this. Putting two wrestlers who could arguably use some big wins and/or momentum, up against each other. They do it A LOT!! Part of me wants to see if Nakamura could do for the WWE IC Title what he did for the IWGP IC Title and elevate it in prestige, or return it to prestige in the WWE one's case. Because the IC Title hasn't been treated with much respect since The Miz had it, which is a shame.
    I think the one to REALLY elevate the IC belt could be Kevin Owens. Keep him away from the WWE title if possible until Wrestlemania... but around his waist the IC belt could be near main event level IMO.

  11. #9941
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,972

    Default

    Perhaps. Or Andrade as well, or Aleister Black.

  12. #9942
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,724

    Default

    Andrade just came back so I doubt they'll put him in any programs.

  13. #9943
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,972

    Default

    They were teasing him vs. Finn for awhile, then they just dropped it for whatever reason.

  14. #9944
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They were teasing him vs. Finn for awhile, then they just dropped it for whatever reason.
    That could be an indicator of Eric Bishoff maybe starting to influence Smackdown booking a bit. Maybe he wants to build up Nakamura. WCW did a fair amount of business with New Japan back in the day, so maybe Eric digs the japanesse wrestlers. Just speculating.

  15. #9945
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Perhaps. Or Andrade as well, or Aleister Black.
    I think elevating a mid-card title often requires a star that's BIGGER than the mid-card. NOt that this is always the case, but it's probably the easiest most reliable way to do it. People like Cena or Seth were former world champions that took a small step down to compete for the mid-card belt. KO is a former universal champion and arguably doesn't need the IC belt... that's why I think giving it to him potentially elevates the IC belt more. With or without the IC belt KO seems to be getting a main event level face push.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •