Page 672 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1725726226626686696706716726736746756766827227721172 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    nak wins the strap.

a match too good for the pre-show.

nak has become only the second man to have won both the IWGP and WWE IC belts.
    been calling for it for months now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_...nal_wrestling) vs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet_Club
    drews long coat is the mvp here

Last edited by steve2275; 07-15-2019 at 04:00 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Good show overall, but WOW am I not looking forward to seeing the Raw ME scene be dead for several more years with Brock as champion. WWE really has no respect for their full-time roster it would seem.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm happy for Nak, he needed this. Same with Styles. That being said, I think Finn's character needs a slight re-tooling.
    I wouldn't mind a Finn/Gulak feud on 205 Live, at least if they are going to back burner him for a bit. (Which seems to be the case)

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Finn/Gulak feud on 205 Live, at least if they are going to back burner him for a bit. (Which seems to be the case)
    I do think it might be fun if they do more with some of the main roster talent not being utilized in some of the other brands. Finn doing a brief run in NXT UK or 205 might be fun. It wouldn't have to be a long term thing... just one big show or whatever.

That said, in the least I'm assuming Finn will get a rematch with Nakamura at Summerslam. So he'll get some spotlight for now. I think it might be interesting if he actually feuded with the Club honestly... but I'm guessing with Heyman and BIschoff taking charge of their brands the inter-brand stuff will lessen a bit. BUt we'll see.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if brock killing the UT wasn't bad enough, turns out MJF got a severe elbow injury during the 6 man tag at fight for the fallen. not sure how long he will be out.

Ultimate Member

Ok deeper thoughts:''

-Nakumura vs. Finn was, fine. I kind of feel bad for Finn because he wasn't allowed to do much as champion. But Nakamura getting a big-ish win again was cool. Part of me wants to see him do for the WWE IC Title what he did for the IWGP IC Title, but the booking would be key there.

-The SDL Tag and CW Title matches were both solid.

-Aleister Black vs. Cesaro was REALLY good.

-Bayley retaining was the right call. I'm surprise that they let her do it solo and that there was no hint of an Alexa/Nikki split. They can do their thing, but elsewhere. Bayley needs to move on to new opponents (sadly it'll likely be Charlotte, but I'd like to see another SDL Woman get their shot).

-Joe vs. Kofi was fine, but poor Joe is like 0-8 in World Title matches. The guy is entering Bray Wyatt booking territory of "talks a big game, but never backs it up when it counts."

-AJ vs. Ricochet was awesome. But the US Title needs to stop being hot Potatoed around so much.

-The ME was actually pretty fun. And seeing Becky take an EOD was cool. Also Becky needs a new opponent now coughHeelSashacough. But the cash-in, sucked.

So overall really sold show, with a crap final segment.

tonight's raw is gonna be a make or break show. either we see some change or a lot of people will be turned off the product, more so than they are right now.

Extraordinary Member

Extreme Rules had pretty good matches.

Taker's still got it.

Bayley deserves it.

Luvin those Street Profit segments keep em comin.

Brock walks in for the 2nd time in a row to steal the goods after other performers give gut wrenching match.

Still the best PPV in a long time tho.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-15-2019 at 09:37 AM.

While I'm fine with Nak and AJ winning I'm desperate for them to actually do something with those belts. The last mid card champ to actually make the belt seem worth having was probably Seth or Miz. The US champ being relevant might go back to Cena/Rusev
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 07-15-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    tonight's raw is gonna be a make or break show. either we see some change or a lot of people will be turned off the product, more so than they are right now.
    I wouldn't necessarily agree this RAW is make it or break it. I thought they had a pretty solid PPV last night.

But certainly the pressure has to be on Heyman. Maybe even moreso than Bischoff because Heyman has been called a genius for decades. So there are much higher expectations for him to deliver. We'll see whether or not he can deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    While I'm fine with Nak and AJ winning I'm desperate for them to actually do something with those belts. The last mid card champ to actually make the belt seem worth having was probably Seth or Miz. The US champ being relevant might go back to Cena/Rusev
    well cena is part time now and rusev is lost in the black hole.

Extraordinary Member

So, I have a question for the thread.

Brock gets a lot of flack for not showing up on TV when he's got the belt. Would you dislike him less if they 'forced' him to show up on weekly TV so long as he has the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Brock gets a lot of flack for not showing up on TV when he's got the belt. Would you dislike him less if they 'forced' him to show up on weekly TV so long as he has the belt?
    he needs to not only show up but have a match on raw. i honestly can't remember the last time he had an official match on raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

I actually don't mind him having the belt as long as he doesn't have it for a super long time.

If he wins it and drops it as Summerslam, then I'm 100% okay with him winning it. If he only does major PPV's and a couple RAWs it's no HUGE deal so long as it doesn't stretch month after month after month.

Because honestly I think you can make an arguement that the world titles are defended a bit too much on free TV. Brock goes too far in the other direction, but if we don't get a title defense every week and keep it largely to PPV's and big raws, I think it makes title defenses seem more special.

Extraordinary Member

Cody vs. Spears announced for All Out