Page 687 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1875876376776836846856866876886896906916977377871187 ... LastLast
Results 10,291 to 10,305 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

Charlotte's pretty much the LAST woman who needs to rub from Trish, so I'm not particularly excited for this. Any number of other women could use the rub more.

Also even when she's not in title matches, Charlotte still gets the biggest women's match on the card, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Charlotte's pretty much the LAST woman who needs to rub from Trish, so I'm not particularly excited for this. Any number of other women could use the rub more.

Also even when she's not in title matches, Charlotte still gets the biggest women's match on the card, of course.
    Obviously it's not that CHarlotte NEEDS it the most... if that's how it worked, Dana Brook would be booked into that spot. Just like Cena didn't exactly need the rub from feuding with the Rock when he came back. Part of the attraction to getting a legit legend like Trish is to put together dream matchesd between 2 top competitors from different eras. It's the womans equivalent of Rock vs Hogan or Cena vs the Rock.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It was fine. Not bad but not great. There were one or two funny moments like Alundra threatening to throw the 24/7 belt in the trash. Supposedly they had a lot more in-ring segments planned but none of the Legends could pass medical and get cleared. (And one who could, like RVD, was not cleared by Impact to perform)

Was totally expecting them to tease a divas vs. wrestlers angle with the women.

Fans will accept new performers. If Dean Ambrose/CM Punk made a shocking return the crowd would have popped louder than any legend.
    you are aware that MOXLEY is currently in Japan, competing in the G1, right?

and that he is on a 2 year deal with AEW?

he's NOT coming back to the WWE anytime soon

I have a question. Why is there so much more reaction to RAW on this thread than reaction to Smackdown? I mean, it made sense back when Smackdown was pre-taped and many people had the results spoiled days before the show aired, but now that it's live, why don't the people who post running commentary every week for RAW do the same for Smackdown? I don't get it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I have a question. Why is there so much more reaction to RAW on this thread than reaction to Smackdown? I mean, it made sense back when Smackdown was pre-taped and many people had the results spoiled days before the show aired, but now that it's live, why don't the people who post running commentary every week for RAW do the same for Smackdown? I don't get it.
    Master of Read, who seems to be the main driver of conversation around here, streams live reactions to Smackdown, so he doesn't post here then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think wrestling fans are just big on nostalgia. 20 years from now, when the reunion shows have guys like Miz and Seth, they'll get massive pops too. For a lot of wrestling fans, these guys are a part of their childhood.

I think the way wrestling works, things is almost always look better 20 years ago. Because you'll have forgotten all the bad stuff and just rememberd the good.
    That only goes so far. It's been almost twenty years and nobody I know is looking back on the New Generation with any particular fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    That only goes so far. It's been almost twenty years and nobody I know is looking back on the New Generation with any particular fondness.
    Maybe not the era itself, but the stars of it certainly are remembered fondly. Shawn Micheals, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Diesel... the stars of that era are still fondly remembered.

Astonishing Member

Maybe not the era itself, but the stars of it certainly are remembered fondly. Shawn Micheals, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Diesel... the stars of that era are still fondly remembered.
    ...Fondly remembered for work they did elsewhere, maybe. Kevin Nash in WCW greatly eclipsed anything Diesel ever did, same with Undertaker through sheer longevity.

Even Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart are mostly remembered for helping to kick off the Attitude Era in the WWF/E or their later work. ...Something Shawn is very grateful for I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    ...Fondly remembered for work they did elsewhere, maybe. Kevin Nash in WCW greatly eclipsed anything Diesel ever did, same with Undertaker through sheer longevity.

Even Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart are mostly remembered for helping to kick off the Attitude Era in the WWF/E or their later work. ...Something Shawn is very grateful for I'm sure.
    Honestly, I'd argue except maybe for Taker everyone I mentioned did their best work wrestling wise pre-Attitude era. I'll wager if you ask fans which their favorite matches were, a good chunk would be pre-attitude era.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Master of Read, who seems to be the main driver of conversation around here, streams live reactions to Smackdown, so he doesn't post here then
    i don't actually stream it. that's all TWK.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    you are aware that MOXLEY is currently in Japan, competing in the G1, right?

and that he is on a 2 year deal with AEW?

he's NOT coming back to the WWE anytime soon
    and considering how happy he looks, the only way he could come back is when vince either steps down or god forbid, dies.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and considering how happy he looks, the only way he could come back is when vince either steps down or god forbid, dies.
    I don't think he'll come back soon. If he's making as much money, why should he? But pretty much everyone does come back. There are people with much bigger issues than Moxley that have found themselves back in the WWE family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i don't actually stream it. that's all TWK.
    Yeah but TWK isn't on here as far as I know, so I went with the known name XD

Astonishing Member

205Live 205Live 205Live 205Live
    NXT UK NXT UK NXT UK NXT UK
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    DX giving Ricochet the rub could have been huge for him. And he could have used it more actually, since Seth is already a top guy as it is.
    i don't think being the guy standing around while the kliq guys hugged each other would've done much for ricochet honestly.

Obviously it's not that CHarlotte NEEDS it the most... if that's how it worked, Dana Brook would be booked into that spot. Just like Cena didn't exactly need the rub from feuding with the Rock when he came back. Part of the attraction to getting a legit legend like Trish is to put together dream matchesd between 2 top competitors from different eras. It's the womans equivalent of Rock vs Hogan or Cena vs the Rock.
    shouldn't it be becky in the spot against trish then??

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    people might be burnt out from 3 hours of RAW the night before. that plus while the matches are usually good not much that matters happens on tuesday nights.

PWG BOLA 2019 participants so far
    A-Kid
    Jonathan Gresham
    Darby Allin
    Artemis Spencer
    Mick Moretti
    Orange Cassidy
    Bandido
    Caveman Ugg
    Jake Atlas
    Tony Deppen
    Rey Fenix
    Lucky Kid
    Joey Janela
    Brody King
    Bárbaro Cavernario

lots of 1st timers, really happy to see cavernario. hope jacob fatu is added.